So I ordered some ali knobs/buttons and another strap from Mansons about a month ago... And they just shipped it out monday of this week, and now it's being processed through customs... Another week or so of waiting then. My guitar only took 3 days to arrive on christmas, but some round metallic things and a strap take almost a month lol.

Would this be a good time to ask for a compensation or does Manson not do that?

Yes I'm planning on it and I can't wait for comments like those... Hopefully they'll be in German and I won't have to worry about it too much. :LOL:

Do you speak German? If I went to that VIP thing and no one spoke English, I'd feel even more lost.

The people there were nice and everything (recognized a few from the webster hall queue as well) but clearly no one else was paying attention to the fact that santa 2.0 had another new neck, or that some of the information on the tablets was almost certainly taken from musewiki.

How do I know this? It's specific incorrect information, and I was the one who put it on there several years back :facepalm:

Do you speak German? If I went to that VIP thing and no one spoke English, I'd feel even more lost.

The people there were nice and everything (recognized a few from the webster hall queue as well) but clearly no one else was paying attention to the fact that santa 2.0 had another new neck, or that some of the information on the tablets was almost certainly taken from musewiki.

How do I know this? It's specific incorrect information, and I was the one who put it on there several years back :facepalm:

No I don't speak German and I've accepted the fact I'll probably be the only one there who only speaks English. But it's all good. I'm excited to see all of the gear. I wonder why they switched out the neck. I always liked Santa 2.0 with the DL headstock.

No I don't speak German and I've accepted the fact I'll probably be the only one there who only speaks English. But it's all good. I'm excited to see all of the gear. I wonder why they switched out the neck. I always liked Santa 2.0 with the DL headstock.

Probably just so it looks nice for display. It looked like an MB-1S neck, but with the new style logo

When is the show exactly? I haven't been following anything recently

Probably just so it looks nice for display. It looked like an MB-1S neck, but with the new style logo

When is the show exactly? I haven't been following anything recently

There's June 3rd and June 6th. I'd rather go to the 3rd as its in Berlin and I haven't been there yet. But I'm just waiting to get cleared off from work. It's about 6 hours from where I live.

There's June 3rd and June 6th. I'd rather go to the 3rd as its in Berlin and I haven't been there yet. But I'm just waiting to get cleared off from work. It's about 6 hours from where I live.

As long as they're not in the same city. Then you'd be more likely to miss something special.

Actually, no, that's not true at all.

Would you only be going for this? I'm not sure just how far I'd travel for one gig. Most I've done so far is about seven hours both ways (not counting the stadium shows a few years back, as I didn't go only for those)

Jaicen, is there a way to tell by looking if a cap is having too much voltage going into it?

M4v1AQF.jpg

Referring to the 250v tropical fish with the top flaking off. It's stock and been there since 1976, but I'm wondering if it's going to blow up if I keep using it... supposedly it shouldn't have anything less than 400v for the coupling caps.

I would've already replaced it if this wasn't a PCB amp. :facepalm:

As long as they're not in the same city. Then you'd be more likely to miss something special.

Actually, no, that's not true at all.

Would you only be going for this? I'm not sure just how far I'd travel for one gig. Most I've done so far is about seven hours both ways (not counting the stadium shows a few years back, as I didn't go only for those)

This is the main reason I'm going, but I'll add on an extra day of sight seeing for the wife. Plus I'd like one more shot at seeing some oldies/B-sides, but I'm not holding my breath this time.

Unless it's a modern cap, they usually don't have the ratings on them so no visual checks are possible.

Is the cap bulging? You'd expect to see that with electrolytic caps, not sure I've ever seen it happen to a film cap.

You mean the voltage rating? It's a 100n 250v cap. The 250v ones have red 5th band apparently, and the 400v ones have a yellow band.

It isn't, but it seems damaged to say the least, despite the amp working properly (as far as I'm aware...) It does have a hairline crack going down one side, which I imagine is a good enough reason to replace it... I bought the NOS 400v equivalent, but I might just put in a new 400v film cap of some sort.

And yeah, I haven't either. I'm just worried that it will explode and fry the PCB, but like you say... that's more what you'd expect with an electrolytic cap.

What's interesting is that they must have screwed up the new PCB design, as you'll see the other coupling cap in that section is a 100n 400v mustard. Not just that, but the fact that they are 100n caps and not 22n caps like every other lead spec amp at the time (including the 50 watt version of this model)

Oh and also, I should have those things for you soon.

This is the main reason I'm going, but I'll add on an extra day of sight seeing for the wife. Plus I'd like one more shot at seeing some oldies/B-sides, but I'm not holding my breath this time.

Fair enough. I imagine if they did something different, it would probably be at the O2, but who knows

In thought the last band was tolerance?

Where abouts in the circuit are the caps?? I guess if it's lasted this long it's gonna be fine. As you say, if it goes bang, unless it's part of the power amp it won't do irreparable damage, it won't be spraying stuff all over at least.

In thought the last band was tolerance?

Where abouts in the circuit are the caps?? I guess if it's lasted this long it's gonna be fine. As you say, if it goes bang, unless it's part of the power amp it won't do irreparable damage, it won't be spraying stuff all over at least.

Everything I've seen says 5th band is voltage.

Tropical_Fish_Color_Chart.png

It's one of the coupling caps in the phase inverter (most lead spec marshalls have the two 22n caps here, but for some reason this has two different 100n caps)

I'm curious, does anyone have Chris' signature bass? It looks cool as hell

No one here that I'm aware of. I nearly got one of the status guitars a while back though... I'm still more likely to get one of those than the bass

Simple set-up actually - EADG + backup, D#G#C#F# + backup, uprising, undisclosed, guitar, and drop.

Also, is that a picture of his wife in wedding dress in the case? :happy:

So the one for uprising and the other drop D bass are the only ones in that tuning? If so, I wonder why that one is only used for uprising.

I don't think it's in DGDG, so it's probably also a backup for the main one.

No one here that I'm aware of. I nearly got one of the status guitars a while back though... I'm still more likely to get one of those than the bass

So the one for uprising and the other drop D bass are the only ones in that tuning? If so, I wonder why that one is only used for uprising.

I don't think it's in DGDG, so it's probably also a backup for the main one.

Uprising might be in drop C actually.

:facemelt:

edit:

The moment when you read this comment

I can't stand the Sound. Loved All Weezers songs till the Girls, and now this Crap of them Play for a "Host" on stage, and Sound Booth must be High on Spice, because This SUCKS! FK-n Crack head Sell OUTS!@ Good LuCK, because if I don't Eat it? Few Others are. There are 90 year olds produce more fun, and better sounding "LIVE" performances! Hate ME!

and realize that they're probably being serious...

Edited by james90

anyone seen joe satriani live before? I know there was someone on here a while back who was a fan.

He's more or less playing right next door, so I decided to go... the VIP is pretty impressive, though about $100 more than the one Muse did

Meet & Greet Package

Package includes:

- One reserved ticket located in the first 5 rows of the stage (or GA with early entry)

- Exclusive pre-show meet & greet with Joe Satriani

- Personal photograph with Joe Satriani

- Autograph session (includes 8x10 photo)

- Exclusive tour of Joe's Guitar World

- Specially designed Surfing to Shockwave tour shirt (exclusive to VIP packages only)

- Collectible Surfing to Shockwave tour lithograph (numbered, limited)

- Official meet & greet laminate

- On-site VIP host

- Limited availability

Finally cleaned up my setup and got my "board" to it's almost final form. Will upload some pictures tomorrow

almost is key here. a true pedalboard is never completed :nerd:

I'm currently working with this. It hasn't changed for almost two weeks.

BBAfBqW.jpg