The back of the headstock is painted in black too.

:'(

But we already know the second one is the winner. Not a whole lot has happened, at least compared to great moments like the animato de-gooping. Maybe if I ever receive that other pedal, we can get it cloned... turns out it's coming from russia :wtf:

Think I'm gonna get one of those Animated Crowella's making. I still don't have a bass, but since he's only doing a limited run, the bass can come later :facepalm:

Re-read the bass effects on Muse Wiki (I know, I know) last night and for the first time I came across this (It's been there for a while, I just never checked sources)

485px-MUSE-BASS_TECH-S.jpg

Looks like there was a Woolly Mammoth on that board - but someone said Chris never really used one. So bogus article?

Looks like there was a Woolly Mammoth on that board - but someone said Chris never really used one. So bogus article?

He did start using them didn't he?

I think there was a lot of bogus info years ago that he was when he wasn't then he did start using one. Or at least it was in his setup (But nothing to confirm he ever used one before)

:'(

Think I'm gonna get one of those Animated Crowella's making. I still don't have a bass, but since he's only doing a limited run, the bass can come later :facepalm:

Re-read the bass effects on Muse Wiki (I know, I know) last night and for the first time I came across this (It's been there for a while, I just never checked sources)

485px-MUSE-BASS_TECH-S.jpg

Just keep in mind that these pedals are pretty much useless with guitar. The animated is slightly more usable, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

I think I posted this a while ago, but supposedly this is the setup Chris used for hysteria.

He did start using them didn't he?

I think there was a lot of bogus info years ago that he was when he wasn't then he did start using one. Or at least it was in his setup (But nothing to confirm he ever used one before)

[YT]

[/YT]

Yeah, looks like he did have it in his chain at some point (video around 3:33). I've never touched a WM so I have no idea what he uses it for though. Can it do anything that an Animato + Big Muff combination can't do?

Just keep in mind that these pedals are pretty much useless with guitar. The animated is slightly more usable, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Yeah, I'm quite curious how they'd turn out. Until I can get a bass, I'll just do guitar -> octave down -> the animated to kinda simulate a bass sound :facepalm:

I think I posted this a while ago, but supposedly this is the setup Chris used for hysteria.

Need more Big Muff :facemelt:

So he doesn't use those $300 green Russian Big Muff Pi's huh?

Edited by Cider

Yeah, looks like he did have it in his chain at some point (video around 3:33). I've never touched a WM so I have no idea what he uses it for though. Can it do anything that an Animato + Big Muff combination can't do?

Probably just an alternative for the Big Muff, when more fuzz and bass is needed.

It was said that Chris was the one who played the beginning of the new born riff (referring to the studio version) so...

That is interesting. I'm certain that the intro riff is a FF straight into the desk, I know I read it that in an early interview, but they didn't specifically say it was a guitar...

That is interesting. I'm certain that the intro riff is a FF straight into the desk, I know I read it that in an early interview, but they didn't specifically say it was a guitar...

I don't know if it's true or not, but it does seem to be an octave down. Or at least that's what I think I'm hearing.

yep, all done in GarageBand

also, might be obvious, but... around what time of year do they usually announce the full line up for reading/leeds?

I think they normally have full announcement around beginning of March. They've started doing that thing that everyone seems to do now where the gradually announce Eminem and Kasabian as headliners in the buildup anyway

The wooly mammoth is a beastly pedal. Works great with single notes, really starts to turn into a mess with anything more.

I think my favourite known use of the pedal is Devil In a Midnight mass - Billy Talent.

That for the intro riff? I really like it :)

I just ordered one - should be coming some time this week :facepalm: