That's not how you're supposed to do it. When it says +1/-1 octave, it's one or the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoEuI14i9hE

intro is switching between the two, main riff is -1 octave, chorus bit is +1 octave, etc

And keep in mind that this is the harmonizer setting, rather than the standard one.

Ah, thanks so much James. That makes more sense now. Looks like I can't use the Firehawk for it though :(

Guys, what are some good Muse-y FF settings that don't pick up radio signal? The Radio Fuzz on the instruction sheet (10 7 10 12 5) picks up crazy radio :(

Finally tried the new kind of irn bru today :awesome:.

Guys, what are some good Muse-y FF settings that don't pick up radio signal? The Radio Fuzz on the instruction sheet (10 7 10 12 5) picks up crazy radio :(

Probably depends on the amp, but 10, 4, 10, 7, 5 is pretty good to start with (but it doesn't oscillate). Turning the drive up on that and going through a phase 90 sounds insane.

Finally tried the new kind of irn bru today :awesome:.

That was a bit anticlimactic. Can't you be a little more like Bs?

I wonder if Macaroon has tried it.

:LOL:

Just move it from where its placed, that sometimes stops it from picking up radio stations. Or lowering the Drive and upping the Gate.

yeah that, but for some reason, I rarely pick up any radio stations on the fuzz factory/fuzz probe. Only time it seems to do that is when the guitar volume is all the way off, and the fuzz is on a certain setting.

cables maybe?

0F4aYZd.jpg

James, I know you're a Jimiholic like me, do you know what happened to his black strat after Monterey?

Apparently it's on show here in London, but it looks trashed compared to how it looked in the concert footage. Have you seen it used anywhere after? Also, I've only found footage of him playing a target burst in late '67, none after that when he switches to big headstock maple necks.

James, I know you're a Jimiholic like me, do you know what happened to his black strat after Monterey?

Apparently it's on show here in London, but it looks trashed compared to how it looked in the concert footage. Have you seen it used anywhere after? Also, I've only found footage of him playing a target burst in late '67, none after that when he switches to big headstock maple necks.

No idea, but if it's in the picture I just found, I wouldn't be able to tell if that was the real one or not. it does look like it though, and if you look at the (not) hi res pictures and videos, it was already pretty trashed when he was playing live.

The question is how it got all that additional wear if he stopped using it around mid-late 1967.

I see your target burst and raise you candy apple red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFXerXDodY

What do you mean?

I doubt I'll be able to source this over here anytime soon, so I'll have to buy some next time I have a Nando's... only nine months to go :twitchy:

The flavour is a bit stronger.

9 months isn't that long, just think of it as less time than waiting for a new guitar to be built.

That's essentially what I was wondering, looks like maybe someone else was using it?

I'll check the Guitarist article again, I think it said something about it being left with his London manager.

I was not sure what colour that was, thought maybe LPB but CAR does seem more likely.

The flavour is a bit stronger.

9 months isn't that long, just think of it as less time than waiting for a new guitar to be built.

But which of the flavours?

And you're absolutely right. I should put a guitar on order now, just so that distracts me from the wait.

That's essentially what I was wondering, looks like maybe someone else was using it?

I'll check the Guitarist article again, I think it said something about it being left with his London manager.

I was not sure what colour that was, thought maybe LPB but CAR does seem more likely.

I'm almost certain that it's this guitar. His only maple fretboard guitar at the time (as far as I'm aware) and it has that split down the middle.

19670527010.jpg

pretty sure it later became the one that he painted (in a way similar to the monterey strat) and then destroyed in london.

tumblr_njmjboXvrT1rpqdi8o1_500.jpg

I found a picture of the back of that yesterday, and it was definitely a red one, as he got white paint on the back of the neck as well

But which of the flavours?

The mysterious irn bru flavour.

Don't think a photo MB's Drones tour rack has been posted before (at least not that I can remember). Guessing a Kemper can only use one profile at a time and he's got 3 to mix the Vox, Diezel, etc profiles together?

DronesRack.jpg

Also 2 whammys (or whammies :confused:) and what looks like a colour box.

The mysterious irn bru flavour.

Don't think a photo MB's Drones tour rack has been posted before (at least not that I can remember). Guessing a Kemper can only use one profile at a time and he's got 3 to mix the Vox, Diezel, etc profiles together?

DronesRack.jpg

Also 2 whammys (or whammies :confused:) and what looks like a colour box.

You can mic up all the amps and blend them in a mixer into the Kemper if you want the blended tone from all the amps. I've wondered it before and I presume it's maybe because he has an effect that he just wants on one of those amps so they still need to be separate, if you get me?

Also maybe one's a backup, although he doesn't seem to have a backup of anything else in the rack

Like Plugging Directly Into a Vintage Console

You'd be surprised how many legendary guitar tones were created just by plugging a guitar directly into a vintage mixing console. The JHS Colour Box gives you exactly what you need to re-create classic tones by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, and others. It's a 100% analog design that replicates the input of a vintage Neve console.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ColourBox :)

You can mic up all the amps and blend them in a mixer into the Kemper if you want the blended tone from all the amps. I've wondered it before and I presume it's maybe because he has an effect that he just wants on one of those amps so they still need to be separate, if you get me?

Also maybe one's a backup, although he doesn't seem to have a backup of anything else in the rack

Didn't know Kempers could do that, but that makes me want one even more :facepalm:. Think I know what you mean, like he might have one Kemper set for just the guitar on its own, and the other one/two set with delay or whatever to make a wet dry wet rig...?

Yeah, the lack of backups is pretty strange since there were doubles of everything a few years ago. Interesting that whammy IV and DT are both there though, wonder which songs they're each used for.

Nice :D What does the colour box do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mud85yGM4gs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbdwh1wGhk8

Didn't know Kempers could do that, but that makes me want one even more :facepalm:. Think I know what you mean, like he might have one Kemper set for just the guitar on its own, and the other one/two set with delay or whatever to make a wet dry wet rig...?

Yeah, the lack of backups is pretty strange since there were doubles of everything a few years ago. Interesting that whammy IV and DT are both there though, wonder which songs they're each used for.

Yeah exactly that. At least that's the only reason I can think of why he would have 3?

And regarding Whammys, presume the 4 is just for standard weeoo whammy and the DT is perhaps for Unsustainable? It first appeared in his rack for T2L and all