That sounds REALLY good! I've been thinking about getting one, how do you like it? I kinda want that and a super saturated heavy distortion pedal (open to suggestions) to throw in front of my new amp

Thanks so much :awesome: I love it. I really enjoy setting 2 and 3 - the youtube reviews don't quite show how much fun they are to play with. Love toggling between the 3 settings and hearing the insane low end fuzz :rolleyes:

Sounds great! Kinda feel its the top end that's the issue though, compounded by a bright amp. The FF7 might be a better bet.

The FF7 looks great. The thing about the FFF is that it... picks up radio signals when my guitars are muted >"> Should I copper tape the inside?

Needs an Eternally Missed solo on setting 3 :awesome:

:facemelt: that would sound great actually. Tab pliz? :facemelt:

The FF7 looks great. The thing about the FFF is that it... picks up radio signals when my guitars are muted

A lot of them will do that. Insulating your guitar won't really help as the cable act as as a giant antennae.

There are mods you can make to kill the radio interference, I put a 2m2 resistor to ground on the circuit input and I use transistors with large heatsinks though I'm not sure that helps. Adding a 22 or 47pf cap between the base of the transistors and ground can help too.

But fundamentally, you have an AM radio that just happens to work as a fuzz pedal, so there may be nothing you can do.

Couldn't tell the difference at all either. Kempers are seriously impressive. All of the want.

Also, is it essential to have one of the tiny springs in before the arm in a synchronised tremolo? I've just been using ptfe tape to make the arm feel more solid, but it's kind of annoying that every time it gets removed the tape needs replaced.

Couldn't tell the difference at all either. Kempers are seriously impressive. All of the want.

Got the first one right, second wrong. Like with the second the Kemper sounded better and cleaned up nicer, the real thing sounded kind of horrible. :LOL:

Always done so well on their comparisons as well. Screw you Kemper! :mad:

I love this video. I was thinking of saving up for a good amp, but after watching this I think I'll just save up for a Kemper somewhere down the road. There'll be lots of moving for me in the foreseeable future too, so I'm glad amp modelling has gotten this good :D

Effects, on the other hand... :$ The FFF made me suddenly want to own a pedal board :$

I love this video. I was thinking of saving up for a good amp, but after watching this I think I'll just save up for a Kemper somewhere down the road. There'll be lots of moving for me in the foreseeable future too, so I'm glad amp modelling has gotten this good :D

Effects, on the other hand... :$ The FFF made me suddenly want to own a pedal board :$

If they released it as software, that'd be awesome.

From moving around a fair bit, it doesn't seem like a better option tbh. Might be good for cutting down a multiple amp setup or just as something to avoid taking expensive/collectable amps out, but really a good amp and a decent pedalboard is capable of any genre.

Got the first one right, second wrong. Like with the second the Kemper sounded better and cleaned up nicer, the real thing sounded kind of horrible. :LOL:

Always done so well on their comparisons as well. Screw you Kemper! :mad:

It's pretty amazing when you consider the price of the Kemper against the price of the Victory head.

If you get a board be prepared for constantly wanting more gear :LOL:.

If I was more than just a bedroom player and started to gig/tour again I'd buy one, but jesus they're expensive. Ditto with Axe FX II. they're amazing stuff though, but I'd need a tube power amp for the AxeFXII.

If you get a board be prepared for constantly wanting more gear :LOL:.

This. Holy crap.

makes me remember I have fuzz factory circut that is sitting outside of its enclosure and now the enclosure is lost, but theres no signal when on. Need to figure out whats wrong with it

Edited by Stocking

This. Holy crap.

makes me remember I have fuzz factory circut that is sitting outside of its enclosure and now the enclosure is lost, but theres no signal when on. Need to figure out whats wrong with it

Problem solved: it's not built into a guitar :chuckle:.

Actually on the subject of impractical and expensive ways of doing things...

Recreating Sweep Delay from the DL4 with hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM0Qgdg7eJw

That's pretty amazing, just a shame using tape delay is a bit of a pain in the arse.

I can probably help you with that if you get stuck.

I wouldn't mind that in the slightest, It may or may not be an official one though :ninja:

Also having watched the Kemper/Valve video, the higher gain really does make it harder to tell in my opinion, but the Bassbreaker was easy pickings for me. technology has come a super far way in my opinion, and so have pedals for that matter (looking into a Wample Triple Wreck specifically for this reason)

Problem solved: it's not built into a guitar :chuckle:.

that might have been why I pulled it out, but it was also previously not working but due to a jack that was unsoldered, and now it has to be something else entirely. :facepalm: I just need to start my own pedal building company already so I can just learn this for myself :LOL:

That's pretty amazing, just a shame using tape delay is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Its more that its kinda addictive! :LOL:

Turn it on for a bit of ambience, then all a sudden its 6 hours later and you didn't do whatever it was you intended to do.

Using it as a stereo delay is beyond gorgeous.

Its more that its kinda addictive! :LOL:

Turn it on for a bit of ambience, then all a sudden its 6 hours later and you didn't do whatever it was you intended to do.

Using it as a stereo delay is beyond gorgeous.

True, probably more annoying than the size of the thing or the tape loops breaking :LOL:.

You mean using one with a delay pedal? Haven't tried that yet.

True, probably more annoying than the size of the thing or the tape loops breaking :LOL:.

You mean using one with a delay pedal? Haven't tried that yet.

No, basically setting it up on an aux channel and as I only have the one, record one side, then the other with the same settings. Although using a different delay pedal on the Dry/Reverb output could be interesting.

No, basically setting it up on an aux channel and as I only have the one, record one side, then the other with the same settings. Although using a different delay pedal on the Dry/Reverb output could be interesting.

Oh right, might try that next time I'm fiddling with the copicat.

Has anyone got tips for micing up an amp? I'm using a blue snowball (probably not the best mic to use for this but it'll do for now) set to cardioid and it's about 3 feet away from the amp and roughly facing the middle of the speaker, but it always sounds a bit harsh when playing stuff back.

Has anyone got tips for micing up an amp? I'm using a blue snowball (probably not the best mic to use for this but it'll do for now) set to cardioid and it's about 3 feet away from the amp and roughly facing the middle of the speaker, but it always sounds a bit harsh when playing stuff back.

Its worth doing!

Angle the microphone based on where you listen to it from. Check the frequency response as well, if it has a bass roll-off to counteract proximity effect, then get it up close.

I record my stuff with a blue snowball, it works best if you have it set against your grillcloth. Haven't noticed any difference where i put it in relation to the XY axis of it but angles change it databasing and makes my tone lose tons of body. Try angling slightly if your tone is bright but otherwise your milage vary on having it straight on. I recommend slightly off center near the lower leftish side of the speaker, but I'm sure that varies hella hard between cabs

Dont have clips ATM I'm at work though, but let me know if you try this and it works.