75 members have voted

1. 1. Best live release

• Hullabaloo
    • Absolution Tour
    • HAARP
    • Muse 360 (OoS at R&L 2011)
    • Live at Rome Olympic Stadium

Voted HAARP because:

Hullabaloo - great but has bad editing and the songs are basically all performed worse than more recent performances. Marked up for being the full gig.

Absolution tour - marked down for the fact that the pro-shot was already widely available, except on the DVD there's missing songs.

HAARP - great performance and visuals, fairly representative of their back catalogue (at that point)

360 - I don't really want to have to press loads of buttons while watching. Also not a fan of the fish-eye view

Live in Rome - this would win for me if the songs picked were representative of the band/tour. Really enjoyed it up until the midpoint, but from then on most of the time it felt like a boyband gig. Far more so than at the actual gig I went to, because all the songs that broke up the cheese were cut out.

HAARP to me. Stadium Rock at its best.

Not a big fan of the Hullabaloo edit, for Absolution, Earl's Court was the gig, for TR, a full Blu-ray of Wembley in place of the 360 thing and for T2L, Rome deserved a better setlist.

Voted HAARP because:

Hullabaloo - great but has bad editing and the songs are basically all performed worse than more recent performances. Marked up for being the full gig.

What...Hullabaloo has some of the best performances of many of the songs on the setlist. The exceptions would be some of the songs they've played a ton, but no one watches Hullabaloo for New Born, PiB etc...

Yeah the performances on Hullabaloo are great. Certainly the best release for me performance-wise. HAARP comes close due to songs like B&H, KoC, TaB, SS etc, along with just having an overall great atmosphere. (Sadly I can't enjoy it as much these days because of what Matt's voice sounds like)

Hullabaloo is my favorite. HAARP makes for a pretty nice watch even past the mix (which is at least better on the DVD) but not nearly as great performance wise. Hullabaloo just looks like a fantastic gig start to finish and is pretty much complete too.

Absolution Tour is held back for cutting the two best songs (and the closer) and the filming is incredibly dull. Rome's filming wasn't too great either and it could've been longer.

Skipping over R/L 360 cause I haven't seen it since iOS is a shitty mobile platform.

What...Hullabaloo has some of the best performances of many of the songs on the setlist. The exceptions would be some of the songs they've played a ton, but no one watches Hullabaloo for New Born, PiB etc...

Don't get me wrong I would love to see that gig and I don't think it's a bad performance. I just think that basically every song in there is played better in more recent performances. I don't really know how to describe it, a lot of the songs just seem a bit sloppy. Hyper Music, Bliss, Plug in Baby and Agitated are probably good examples, it just seems like the guitar all muddies in to a wall of sound, and isn't very precise. I'm assuming Muse agree since they don't play them that way now. For the Origin stuff the 2011 performances are basically as good as it gets for me.

I'd say the main reason to why Hyper Music at Le Zenith sounds a bit crap is the guitar. That tone is so weak.

It's stuff like this I mean really. For instance Hullabaloo's Megalomania he's on a little keyboard and really struggling to sing the end it seems, whereas the RAH one has a lot more power.

It's stuff like this I mean really. For instance Hullabaloo's Megalomania he's on a little keyboard and really struggling to sing the end it seems, whereas the RAH one has a lot more power.
The RAH one has been autotuned.

The RAH one has been autotuned.

I know, I listened to the bootleg before it was released. I still prefer it, it's just like, my opinion man. :p

I would like the 2011 ones best if it wasn't for the fact he consistently failed to do the end right.