Could Muse Even Play Showbiz Anymore?

altbecky

Given the chatter about what rarities we'd all like to hear at an anniversary gig, it might be worth discussing if they could even play the songs we're asking for.

I mean, Showbiz? I don't know if Matt could hit that last note anymore?

Discuss.

I mean, no way they'd be able to play Glorious (Chris obviously isn't good enough to play the bassline), Assassin (Dom obviously isn't fast enough to play those drums) or Hyper Chondriac Music (Matt doesn't have the pedals for the outro) either.

:shifty:

I don't know man. I think Showbiz has harder, more tiring vocals through the whole thing than Survival. By the time he got to the last note, I think he'd be too knackered to really belt it.

I was watching that footage of Glorious you posted, Kueller, in another thread, and I was actually thinking that Dom doesnt' drum that way anymore... I mean on T2L tour, he was all mic'd up and had tracks backing him...

They can't play Showbiz, Glorious or Assassin now, same with Space Dementia, i'm sure Matt can't play the piano of the song anymore, he is getting old and slow, probably that's the reason he don't play the guitar on Blackout too.

:ninja:

I still find this sort of discussion quite odd, considering that there are bands like Meshuggah have been going for a quarter of a century, and are still quite capable of playing songs which would see Muse tie themselves in knots. Vocal issues are one thing, but is Showbiz really any more difficult to drum on than, say, KoC?

Totally being serious here. There are reasons they don't play Showbiz anymore, maybe one of them is Matt just can't hack the vocals anymore.

:shrug:

If he can comfortably hit the high notes in microcuts, half a step up is by no means a stretch.