Guest QueenOfNerds

I find it a turn on! it kind of sounds very raw and emotive, like he needs to struggle for each breath, very sexy!!

Okay, I'm telling you this because I have on-stage singing experience.

Using a microphone by itself is not that easy. You need to keep the microphone at a really close distance, so it catches the sound. Delivering the sound to the noisy audience is not that easy to do, even with amps.

And I use a portable microphone. Matt uses a static one, because he plays an instrumet as well. So, he needs to stay close to the mic at all times, so he doesn't longen the distance between, while playing. He can't back off the mic every time he needs to take a breath, and it's hard to not breath energetically, while trying to out-sing a whole audience. So, don't be so critical cuz it's not as easy as it seems.

Using a microphone by itself is not that easy. You need to keep the microphone at a really close distance, so it catches the sound. Delivering the sound to the noisy audience is not that easy to do, even with amps.

And I use a portable microphone. Matt uses a static one, because he plays an instrumet as well. So, he needs to stay close to the mic at all times, so he doesn't longen the distance between, while playing. He can't back off the mic every time he needs to take a breath, and it's hard to not breath energetically, while trying to out-sing a whole audience. So, don't be so critical cuz it's not as easy as it seems.

:eek: STEFKO U SING!!!....get urself on youtube!!:LOL:

but yeh i agree with what ur sayin...he would prob end up with back problems:stunned: if he had to bend away from the mic all the time!!

:eek: STEFKO U SING!!!....get urself on youtube!!:LOL:

but yeh i agree with what ur sayin...he would prob end up with back problems:stunned: if he had to bend away from the mic all the time!!

I can't, the only recordings of myself I have right now are on DVD, and youtube doesn't like DVD :indiff:

Back on topic now. The guy has years experience on stage. Yes, he's not an opera singer, but he's not in some crappy myspace band either. So, his so called fans should be able to do with it, shouldn't they?

And another thing. Recording in a studio isn't easy too. I was like 6-7 when they asked me to record a song with two other people. And it was hard! I Dunno, it may be rom the age, but the song was like 2 minutes and only my recording took like... 4-5 hours to finish.

And I use a portable microphone. Matt uses a static one, because he plays an instrumet as well. So, he needs to stay close to the mic at all times, so he doesn't longen the distance between, while playing. He can't back off the mic every time he needs to take a breath, and it's hard to not breath energetically, while trying to out-sing a whole audience. So, don't be so critical cuz it's not as easy as it seems

I really dont think it is because the microphone that he breathes in so loud, or because he is trying to outsing the audience. If that was the case then why are their tons of bands out there where the lead singer is playing a guitar, but they dont breathe like Matt does. I think it come down to either breathing problems, horrible technique, or he purposely does it becuase he thinks it adds more emotion.

I really dont think it is because the microphone that he breathes in so loud, or because he is trying to outsing the audience. If that was the case then why are their tons of bands out there where the lead singer is playing a guitar, but they dont breathe like Matt does. I think it come down to either breathing problems, horrible technique, or he purposely does it becuase he thinks it adds more emotion.

It's not that easy you know. Every song has a wide range of tonal values and they're all forte at some point... So, want to or not HE HAS TO take deep breaths at some point. And why is everyone with the breating problems lately? The guy is just fine, it doesn't bother me at all, it's just the way he does it. And your comment about the technique was totally unneeded. I mean, what's the next awesome thread? "Who does Matt sing such high notes when he can sing them normally" or "Why didn't he have proper piano lessons". I mean come on, what's the big deal? They dound amazing and do outstanding performances, what more do ya want? Some fans this forum turns out to have...

This is a bit of topic, but a guy that worked for an american radio-station ones mentioned in a forum that Matt´s micro is a very sophisticated and custom-made device. It is able to catch the sound even if Matt makes a step backwards without lessening the sound. So he has more freedom to move when he plays his guitar.

I only quote what this guy wrote. I don´t know anything about sound-techniques.

I find it a turn on! it kind of sounds very raw and emotive, like he needs to struggle for each breath, very sexy!!

:cool:

This is a bit of topic, but a guy that worked for an american radio-station ones mentioned in a forum that Matt´s micro is a very sophisticated and custom-made device. It is able to catch the sound even if Matt makes a step backwards without lessening the sound. So he has more freedom to move when he plays his guitar.

I only quote what this guy wrote. I don´t know anything about sound-technique

Okay, so he doesn't have to back off the mic to take a breath, he has to run away from it to do so.

:LOL:

It's not that easy you know. Every song has a wide range of tonal values and they're all forte at some point... So, want to or not HE HAS TO take deep breaths at some point...

Yes if you watch him singing it is such a big effort to produce that sound he simply needs to take that deep breath.

i'm waiting for someone to say that he should stop breathing all together.:LOL:

Pg 2:

I think the best thing for Matt to do is to just stop breathing .... ;)

:p

But anyway, on subject, I notice the breathing, and sometimes it's more noticible than others (depending on the song, my mood, how loud i'm listening, whatever), but it never really bothers me. ;)

EDIT: btw lol @ the tags

I meant that there are already to many groupies who take everything for granted as long as it concerns their all time gods 'Muse':p

A bit of criticism is excellent:)

A BIT of criticism is excellent, yeah. But when the forum starts to fill up with endless criticism about everything the guys do, then it gets pretty irritating.

When it starts to feel like anything Muse does just isn't enough to please the people here. Too many pessimistic threads for my taste. It gets depressing.

P.S. I'm not one of those groupie types, by the way.

It's not that easy you know. Every song has a wide range of tonal values and they're all forte at some point... So, want to or not HE HAS TO take deep breaths at some point. And why is everyone with the breating problems lately? The guy is just fine, it doesn't bother me at all, it's just the way he does it. And your comment about the technique was totally unneeded. I mean, what's the next awesome thread? "Who does Matt sing such high notes when he can sing them normally" or "Why didn't he have proper piano lessons". I mean come on, what's the big deal? They dound amazing and do outstanding performances, what more do ya want? Some fans this forum turns out to have

Of course he is going to have to take deep breaths. I never said he doesn't need to, that would be absurd. But you can take deep breaths proprly. When you do that it's not as loud, and you get more air in. If he doesn't have breathing problems, then yes his technique is horrible.

guitarplayer: Let's see you try to pull off the Matt bellamy voice. Then you can come back to us and slag off his "horrible" technique.

Seriously ..

I never said I could pull off Matt Bellamy's voice, and there are singers who go higher and more powerful then Matthew Bellamy, and dont breathe in like that.

But like I said before it might not be his fault he breathes in like that.

I love the breathing. There is nothing wrong with matt doing that :D

Map of ur head is like one of MY fave tracks at the moment

Quite :stunned: that some ppl dont :|

Off topic but....

Given your sig, I think you should change your location to "Strokin' Trent" ;)

</bad pun> :rolleyes:

Of course he is going to have to take deep breaths. I never said he doesn't need to, that would be absurd. But you can take deep breaths proprly. When you do that it's not as loud, and you get more air in. If he doesn't have breathing problems, then yes his technique is horrible.

I never said I could pull off Matt Bellamy's voice, and there are singers who go higher and more powerful then Matthew Bellamy, and dont breathe in like that.

But like I said before it might not be his fault he breathes in like that.

Well, it sounded like you were mocking him about him breathing. And I don't think it's really cool to even have a thread like this. I don't mean you, but think if Matt gives an eye on the forum and see a thread like this one or the is dom a good drummer one? I don't think he'll like that his fans are acting like that...

Archived