For gods sake people, don't be so narrow-minded! It's just Matt's unique style, deal with it. And IMO it adds some extra intensity to the music. The singing would be pretty tame without it actually.

It's so annoying when people's limited to one style, just because the majority of bands edit the singing and take away the breathing doesn't mean that every band has to do it..damn, breathing is the most natural thing a man can do..

For gods sake people, don't be so narrow-minded! It's just Matt's unique style, deal with it. And IMO it adds some extra intensity to the music. The singing would be pretty tame without it actually.

It's so annoying when people's limited to one style, just because the majority of bands edit the singing and take away the breathing doesn't mean that every band has to do it..damn, breathing is the most natural thing a man can do..

+1

The so-called fans surprise me every day with their discussions :stunned:

Yeah, and making a thread like this makes no sense.. it's not like Matt will read it and think "well ok, some random dude out there doesn't like my loud breathing, let's quit it"

I think the band will be more offended to read what they "fans" are saying about them :noey:

I dont think they took it out of BHAR, he just refined his technique a little bit more. Just listen to Starlight, all the gasps are in there just much more...subtle.

He's just getting more control over his voice. I'd be a little sad if it went away completely though.

maybe you're right as it's in SMBH too though it fits in that well like dead star

i dunno i'd heard they'd taken it out.

I've been told by quite a few people thats one of the main reasons they can't listen to Muse, annoys the hell outta them.:LOL: I can understand why though...You have to wonder was it an actually decision not to edit it out or not...

Why am I posting here at 3am?

meh, I don't know that he'd mind all that much... I don't think I would if I were him. I don't think the opening post was particularly mean spirited.

I'm suddenly reminded of that critique thing where they referred to Matt as a "hyperventilating witch" :LOL:

(I tried to find the exact quote but couldn't)

I remember that! It was probably pitchfork. :LOL:

To be honest, I doubt Muse mind seeing some criticism from time to time. I think it actually bothers Matt that he's always called a genius.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm one of those who didn't notice the whole breathing "problem" before someone pointed it out to me. Even now the breathing doesn't stand out unless I focus on it. Doesn't bother me, quite the opposite.

Matt's voice and singing style are glorious and the breathing makes it more intense, human, raw, adorable and yeah, sexy.

I love that gulp! It's the best part of the whole song in my opinion (I do still like the whole song :LOL:)

Which gulp? I just listened to the song and couldn't pick a specific one.

Archived