2013.12.13 - Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia

EMM4K4TE

Well... My mother decided that it'd be a great idea to book my flight to Sydney on the same day as the concert, so I won't be getting to the venue until around 3 - 4pm (Assuming there are no delays on the flight). Would I still have a chance of getting to the barrier? I'd be guttered if I was all the way at the back :/

Barrier will be unlikely, but you're still gonna be pretty close. Especially with the extended b-stage. I know someone who turned up half and hour before the first Melbourne gig and she managed to get to one row from barrier on Chris' side.

Birds of Tokyo's latest album is so boring it makes me want to cry. Their earlier stuff is great though, right now I'm loving 'Circles'. The guitar there <3

Nice, I've been listening to that entire album lately, I definitely plan on actually buying it at some point. "Saddest Thing I Know" has to be my favourite track, but at this point I'm just trying to familiarise myself with their songs before the concert. Any idea on which songs they're likely to play?

Nice, I've been listening to that entire album lately, I definitely plan on actually buying it at some point. "Saddest Thing I Know" has to be my favourite track, but at this point I'm just trying to familiarise myself with their songs before the concert. Any idea on which songs they're likely to play?

It looks like they're playing the same 10 songs, just in a slightly different order each night.

This was the set from Perth

Silhouettic

The Others [edit: it's been replaced by The Gap]

White Witch

When The Night Falls Quiet

Broken Bones

Wild At Heart

Circles

This Fire

Plans

Lanterns

I'm pretty happy with it :D

Edited by zomuse

It looks like they're playing the same 10 songs, just in a slightly different order each night.

This was the set from Perth

Silhouettic

The Others

White Witch

When The Night Falls Quiet

Broken Bones

Wild At Heart

Circles

This Fire

Plans

Lanterns

I'm pretty happy with it :D

Well, the next few days will be those songs on repeat :p

I went to the Melbourne gig on Saturday and quite enjoyed Birds of Tokyo despite only knowing Sihouettic, saddest thing i know, plans and lanterns. Actually lanterns was wonderful with the crowd pretty much not needing to be told to light up their phones. Watching them do it one by one was quite an experience.

Speaking of experiences, hope you guys get something cool ;)

- Karnivool would have been an awesome support to complement Muse I feel.

I went to the Melbourne gig on Saturday and quite enjoyed Birds of Tokyo despite only knowing Sihouettic, saddest thing i know, plans and lanterns. Actually lanterns was wonderful with the crowd pretty much not needing to be told to light up their phones. Watching them do it one by one was quite an experience.

Speaking of experiences, hope you guys get something cool ;)

- Karnivool would have been an awesome support to complement Muse I feel.

Agreed, Vool would have been more suited. Birds new album is so dull, I couldn't get through a single song on it. Disappointing considering how good their early stuff is. Also they should play the saddest thing I know, rockiest song off the third album

Agreed, Vool would have been more suited. Birds new album is so dull, I couldn't get through a single song on it. Disappointing considering how good their early stuff is. Also they should play the saddest thing I know, rockiest song off the third album

I must say though, huge respect for Ian Kenny but I was not prepared for his dancing :LOL:

Ok, so I have been looking around for information on whereabouts the people with General Admission tickets need to queue.

On the Allphones Arena website it states that there are 3 main entrances, the Grand foyer (main) entry, the Northern foyer and the Corporate Suite guest entry. In the information section that is titled 'General Admission' (link for the GA info >>>http://www.allphonesarena.com.au/Venue_Information/General_Admission.aspx), it says that "GA entry is located at the Northern Foyer adjacent to light tower 16".

So, I was wondering, can any Sydney-muse-gig veteran confirm that we have to queue at the NORTHERN foyer entrance? Because I think the last thing any of us want to be doing on the day is be running around Homebush trying to find the right entrance hahah.

Ohh and also, can someone please explain the process of queuing, the opening of the external doors, the opening of the internal doors and where dumping our stuff in the cloakroom fits in between? I just a bit worried on how it works, like, does everybody go through the external doors in an orderly fashion and then remain in the same original order waiting for the internal doors to open, or does it become mayhem with having no hope of getting a good spot unless you push and shove (I doubt this but just wondering)?

I'm sorry for such a long post full of noob questions, but I just want to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible on the day haha. Thanks

So Friday!

I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to this as much as three years ago. I don't seem to be into Muse as much as I used, through no fault of Muse. I actually really like T2L. Listening to the first three albums the last few days is getting me excited, followed by the others.

Anyway, enough about me. I've never had GA tickets at Allphones before. Getting there by 6 should be enough for a decent spot, right? I don't really care for barrier, just a decent spot in the middle would do me.

So, I was wondering, can any Sydney-muse-gig veteran confirm that we have to queue at the NORTHERN foyer entrance? Because I think the last thing any of us want to be doing on the day is be running around Homebush trying to find the right entrance hahah.

This is correct then, this was that unusual queuing spot I was talking about earlier today. It's not a difficult spot to find once there's a few people there, there isn't many entrances to the venue anyway. You'll see a few of us early birds queuing anyway. :LOL:

Ohh and also, can someone please explain the process of queuing, the opening of the external doors, the opening of the internal doors and where dumping our stuff in the cloakroom fits in between? I just a bit worried on how it works, like, does everybody go through the external doors in an orderly fashion and then remain in the same original order waiting for the internal doors to open, or does it become mayhem with having no hope of getting a good spot unless you push and shove (I doubt this but just wondering)?

With Sydney, queuing is simply rocking up, saying hi to people around if they're willing to talk, getting excited and waiting. A few people at the front may or may not get numbered and will be let in first, depending on the security. Last time around, the first night was a bit of a shamble with a lot of people further back in the queue pushing past those that had been waiting all day but we all pretty much got a spot.

The cloak room is around near the ticket sales booths and will not be open immediately but will definitely open before the gates open. I would urge you to cloak your stuff around 5-6 or earlier if possible, if you've been in line for a while, people will understand so don't fear your spot being lost. I'll be dumping everything that is mine/my friends in my car around that time.

When the doors open, follow security as they may ask you to take care walking down some of the stairs (safety issues with the arena) and when in sight of the stage, powerwalk, don't run. ;) The stage is pretty big anyway so you'll be damn close even if you don't get barrier.

I just checked on the tickets and it says entry northern foyer doors. Although I have no idea where those are, I'll just run around until I see people haha. I have the same question as you about the cloakroom. I think I'm just gonna bring a tiny camera bag/wristlet with what I want to take in with me (phone, camera) and then bring food in a bag I can throw away before doors open so I won't have to bother with lining up for the cloakroom before and after the gig.