2013.12.13 - Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia

EMM4K4TE

Anyone wanna share what time they're getting there for GA?

About 8am, traffic depending. Will take me > 2 hours to get there but I'm a nutcase and will inevitably say hi to everyone.

Also, seriously, this thread was at 500 pages last time, this, nowhere near. I'm assuming the people from here all know each other on FB.

Edited by Crowella

About 8am, traffic depending. Will take me > 2 hours to get there but I'm a nutcase and will inevitably say hi to everyone.

Also, seriously, this thread was at 500 pages last time, this, nowhere near. I'm assuming the people from here all know each other on FB.

I don't! I'm new here :/ SO PUMPED FOR FRIDAY. Seriously, I'm praying we get SS and CE, the Melbourne set list looked amazing. I'm kinda nervous now, I was planning to get there around 12 :/ do you think I should go earlier to get barrier?

I don't! I'm new here :/ SO PUMPED FOR FRIDAY. Seriously, I'm praying we get SS and CE, the Melbourne set list looked amazing. I'm kinda nervous now, I was planning to get there around 12 :/ do you think I should go earlier to get barrier?

Honestly, 12 will be fine. If not barrier, you will only be about one person away from the barrier. Australian gigs have been pretty relaxed like that.

noob question: Subway/Maccas/etc is 500m from the arena according to google maps, will I be able to dash over during the day while you guys hold my spot?

I'm probably going to be there at about 12-1ish so if i see anyone around me wanting to go and get food i'm more than happy to hold their spot :)

noob question: Subway/Maccas/etc is 500m from the arena according to google maps, will I be able to dash over during the day while you guys hold my spot?

Of course we will. I might bring some drinks/nibblies AND SUNSCREEN for people because the shops at Homebush are expensive.

There's also a freaking Oporto there now, so I'm stoked. :LOL:

Of course we will. I might bring some drinks/nibblies AND SUNSCREEN for people because the shops at Homebush are expensive.

There's also a freaking Oporto there now, so I'm stoked. :LOL:

Awesome :D and thanks for reminding me about sun protection haha

Honestly, 12 will be fine. If not barrier, you will only be about one person away from the barrier. Australian gigs have been pretty relaxed like that.

Awesome. I think I'll push it back to 11 though, waiting one more hour won't hurt. I just really want barrier, I'd be willing to get there at like 8, but I'm dragging a friend along and I don't really want to put her through that haha, especially since she's doing me a big favour just by coming, let alone lining up all day.

I've been GA for a couple concerts at Allphones (i was in seating for muse last time though sigh) and it doesn't get so rough that you'd drop and break your camera/phone :)

Does it mean anything that we're not allowed cameras/recording devices on our tickets?

So you can definitely take cameras into Allphones (for GA), do they search you etc on entry?

Does it mean anything that we're not allowed cameras/recording devices on our tickets?

So you can definitely take cameras into Allphones (for GA), do they search you etc on entry?

You can take normal point n shoot cameras. What they're referring to is a camera that has detachable lens (DSLR) . Recording devices are referring to a Go Pro / Video Camera.

With regards to filming, generally it's at the direction of the band (to security) as to whether filming is allowed. So far it would appear that the band doesn't mind as I have filmed in front of security with nothing said. That being said it's like good cop/ bad cop you do get those security people who think they're god's gift and they try to police it to the letter.

The way I always approach filming is to have a look around during the first song to see if others are filming. If they are and security is not approaching them then it's likely that they will turn a blind eye to it. :D

I've never been GA before, although I have recently been seating at allphones. Can someone tell me roughly where to go (and if there's shade) so I don't waste time as soon as I get there? Also, is the cloakroom open all day or does it open right before doors open - because I won't bring a big bag if I can't chuck it in the cloakroom well beforehand. Sorry of the noob questions haha, as I said I've never been GA before.

I've never been GA before, although I have recently been seating at allphones. Can someone tell me roughly where to go (and if there's shade) so I don't waste time as soon as I get there? Also, is the cloakroom open all day or does it open right before doors open - because I won't bring a big bag if I can't chuck it in the cloakroom well beforehand. Sorry of the noob questions haha, as I said I've never been GA before.

If I recall, last time we had to go through some random walkway. I believe it will be near the main entrance, so there will be no shade (not the entrance next to the ticket sales booths)

If I recall, last time we had to go through some random walkway. I believe it will be near the main entrance, so there will be no shade (not the entrance next to the ticket sales booths)

Hopefully the weathers overcast then.

Is anyone going to try meet the band while they're in sydney?

I won't be trying to meet the band, I think it'll ruin my impression of them. :eek:

On the day, I'll try and post on here where the queue is. Last time we did have to shuffle across to another door a few hours in but we'll keep people updated.

Sydney is not as simple to line up at compared to say the Brisbane Entertainment Centre where they have two gates, both undercover making it simple and great to queue, even when there's heat, bushfire smoke then rain going on. :LOL:

Ruin your impression? How so?

Does anyone know how rough the Sydney crowds are - I'm a girl and like 5'4" and I'm going with my best friend whose also a short girl haha, kinda worried we're gonna get shoved off the barrier even if we do get there early enough :/ I've been so nervous/excited out of mind for the past week or so (it's really kicking in that I'm going to see them live!) I'm beyond pumped haha

I imagine they are nice to fans but I don't want to come across as "that" type of fan. I appreciate the music. :p This is probably from doing gigs myself where about 80-90% of bands I've met/gigged with are arrogant jerks, that includes some bands that used to be pretty big here. Muse probably aren't that band to fans but I'm not going to ruin my impression of their stuff.

Crowds at Muse concerts aren't exactly rough, they will jump and move a bit in the heavier songs but nothing too serious. People will take care of you as long as you aren't punching people or going mental at them. If you have barrier, you'll spend more time pushing yourself away from the barrier than sticking to it.

Hopefully the weathers overcast then.

Is anyone going to try meet the band while they're in sydney?

i was thinking of trying to meet them at the airport when they get to sydney but i have no idea when they'd be arriving as they could arrive on any of the 11th, 12th or 13th :erm: