I didn't sit all the way through it, it felt like I was just listening to see how bad it was and not enjoying it, and I felt crappy about it.

I really liked the dialog in IS, though.

I'm somewhat shocked he went through with those gigs; a lot of the time he was actually just vocalizing the sounds of the lyrics instead of singing them.

If those were their own gigs I don't think there's any way they would have done them. Fans would be pissed to pay to see that.

Probably banking on not as many festival goers noticing, and the bad press of pulling out, but still embarrassing when it gets broadcast or recorded.

Imagine all the overdubbing and perfectionism on past things and then having that out there. :(

rip t2l era.

So, final set

1. Man with a harmonica + Knights of Cydona

2. Star Spangled Banner + Hysteria

3. Bliss (Extended)

4. Animals

5. Stockholm Syndrome + riffs (5 apparently)

6. Unsustainable

7. Madness

8. Starlight

9. Time is Running Out

----

10. Isolated System

11. Uprising

12. Survival

Hehe, thats only 3 more songs over what they played at the free gig to promote world war z

Just a couple of points:

• The whole 2nd law era started in 2012 playing Survival at the Olympics and it ended playing Survival at a festival in the desert in 2014! Pretty fitting

• Cirque Bijou sent out 2 of their actors/actresses to help out with the Coachella show...anybody know what songs they helped out on? There's a picture which looks like the woman with the petrol pump stood infront of the Stockholm background

• 5 riffs on the end of SS?! :awesome:

Guess they didn't have the right mindset going into it. Instead of trying to make it a bombastic show as it was the last one, they just wanted to get it over with as quick as possible.

They did a pretty big stage show considering it's a festival so they generally have to keep it small.

They brought actors, cranes (for uprising) and those flame chimneys from the power station.

Plus Knights -> Hysteria -> Bliss -> Animals -> SS -> UnsUns ... Not "bombastic"?

Cirque Bijou sent out 2 of their actors/actresses to help out with the Coachella show...anybody know what songs they helped out on? There's a picture which looks like the woman with the petrol pump stood infront of the Stockholm background

Banker was there for Animals, businesswoman was there during Stockholm

They did a pretty big stage show considering it's a festival so they generally have to keep it small.

They brought actors, cranes (for uprising) and those flame chimneys from the power station.

Plus Knights -> Hysteria -> Bliss -> Animals -> SS -> UnsUns ... Not "bombastic"?

They were a headlining act and they played 11 songs, they were closing off an era. Sure they started off strong and great, but what did all that transition into? Nothing. They just burned all their energy off at the start and by the end of the terribly short set they just gave off a lazy vibe. Not really the best way to end off a tour imo.

Archived