Noel Gallacher on Dom + e-cigarettes

no3chris

And you still thought it was funny without even getting the joke? :LOL:

The joke is that Dom was trying to stop smoking, and Noel had a dig at him for it. To which Matt replied that Dom was only trying to extend his life, therefore the Oasis lyrics.

The rest should be obvious.

Yeah I got that bit, but the rest is not obvious to me. :$ No, I see, he means that he is NOW switching to real cigarettes. It has been a long day!

Yeah I got that bit, but the rest is not obvious to me. :$

Noel writes about wanting to live, therefore his dig at Dom's attempt to extend his life is a u-turn. And due to this u-turn Dom has now decided to go back to real cigarettes.

Noel Gallagher = god

I like you.

On Keane: “I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.” (Herald Sun, October 2008).

Noel did another one about them, it was "Traditionally speaking, the three biggest twats in any band are the singer, the keyboardist and the drummer. I don’t need to say anything else."

I guess we have Matt's reply to the story on twitter:

Dom took Noel's lyrics "I want to live I don't want to die", "maybe I just want to breath"and "you and I are gonna live forever" literally. He's switching to real cigarettes based on Noel's apparent U-turn.

:happy:

I heard that Noel responded "As long as they've got cigarettes in hell"

(I'm probably the only person on this board that likes Oasis enough to get that one haha)

Anyway, I love Noel, so he can do no wrong... Even if he is a massive twat a lot of the time... But....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBATCwJWTU4

Noel <3 :love:

Was surprised it took you this long to post.

I've not been on until now, haha.... But Noel and Dom actually love each other...

482238_10151132281909229_941245233_n.jpg

TBH, it's probably been blown out of proportion, and it was lighthearted banter, I doubt Noel meant it maliciously, and I also doubt that Dom took it as an insult.

I heard that Noel responded "As long as they've got cigarettes in hell"

(I'm probably the only person on this board that likes Oasis enough to get that one haha)

:ninja:

I'm still not entirely sure how Oasis managed to get so far with such mediocre songs.

The simplicity of the songs, the lyrics/messages and stuff like made quite a few of their songs/Noel's songs easy to like I guess. That, and I guess that Oasis just had the right sound and songs at the right time. Plus, to be fair, Noel has written some great songs, a couple of songs he's written are some of my favourites of all time.

I'm still not entirely sure how Oasis managed to get so far with such mediocre songs.

Right place right time... Definitely Maybe basically had everything the youth of the time wanted, and it makes you feel as if somewhere, there's a better life for you, and if you want it bad enough, you can have it... Really, it's what most people strived for then... Now, with all our laptops, iPhones, etc, people have a pretty good life... But they grew up like street kids, grazed knees, getting in trouble (listen to Round Are Way), and it was just real...

Just my thoughts on it.

Many of Oasis songs are examples of classic pop song writing with memorable melodies, obviously due to their 60's/Beatles fixation. I think many of their songs are great-Live Forever, Don't look back in anger are quite wonderful. Can't stand Wonderwall, even though I get why it's such a classic.

Noel is obviously the talented one. Even though Oasis's best moments obviously were in the mid-90's, I don't think he's run out of good songs. I really like "Death of You and Me" by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. His songwriting obviously comes from a certain point of view- a simple, memorable tune. I remember him critisizing Muse songs not having that quality:

Oh yeah. Well, it's not art school. It's from the soul. I won't try and convince you that I am in anyway a brilliant guitarist, keyboardist, singer or lyricist. I'm not brilliant at any one thing - I'm just good at being me. I don't think of myself as gifted even though I have a gift. It's just what I do. I don't believe in bullshit. 'Live Forever' is no better when it's being played in a stadium by a rock band than it is when you're sat on the couch at home playing it. And that's the beauty of great songs. There's not a lot of bands who can just bust it out and play it. Muse for instance…

Interviewer:It is difficult to play Muse around a campfire.

Play me 'Knights of Cydonia' on a fucking lute. You know what I mean?

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/interviews/noel-gallagher-interview?page=1

I kind of see where he is coming from (as someone who loves a lot of 60's music, it truly was the best decade of pop), although I don't agree that a song must be simple enough to be played by the campfire to be good.

Many of Oasis songs are examples of classic pop song writing with memorable melodies, obviously due to their 60's/Beatles fixation. I think many of their songs are great-Live Forever, Don't look back in anger are quite wonderful. Can't stand Wonderwall, even though I get why it's such a classic.

Noel is obviously the talented one. Even though Oasis's best moments obviously were in the mid-90's, I don't think he's run out of good songs. I really like "Death of You and Me" by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. His songwriting obviously comes from a certain point of view- a simple, memorable tune. I remember him critisizing Muse songs not having that quality:

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/interviews/noel-gallagher-interview?page=1

I kind of see where he is coming from (as someone who loves a lot of 60's music, it truly was the best decade of pop), although I don't agree that a song must be simple enough to be played by the campfire to be good.

No nor do I but, I don't know. I am sure there are plenty of Muse songs you could play around a camp fire if you were so inclined. :D

I like Noel Gallagher's solo stuff but Oasis themselves I've never really got. Maybe Liam Gallagher put me off.

Liam is a lot cooler ;)

Also, Noel isn't as nice as Liam... Most people think Liam is bigheaded and hostile, but that was a 90s thing... Nowadays he's a top bloke. Never turns down a fan or whatever... :love: Liam G

Oh man, I actually agree with Dee...

I never really understood why Oasis did as well as they did. A few catchy songs, and a lot of attention whoring.

Saw them live way back in the day with a friend, and just left rolling my eyes after the guys had a spat on stage.

The insult comic thing isn't for me, either.

Although, I thought Matt's reply was well done.

Archived