Noel Gallacher on Dom + e-cigarettes

no3chris

Sometimes it's just funny reading insults done is a creative way/clever quips, you know?

Liam:

On La Roux: "No way, mate. She's got man hands." (NME, August 2009).

On Franz Ferdinand: "You look at [Alex Kapranos] and the singer from Right Said Fred. It's the same person! he's just gone on the Atkins diet and grown his hair." (NME, 2005).

On Florence Welch: “I'm sure she's a nice girl, but she sounds like someone's stood on her fucking foot. I'm not having someone with ginger hair making music. I'm not going down that road.” (XFM, February 2010)

On Muse: “Muse fucking scare me. They're like fucking creepy shit. But people like 'em. They at least play guitars, but when I hear his voice I'm like, Ah, fuck him.” (GQ, June 2011

Noel:

On NME: “If you see an NME journalist at any of the gigs (and let's face it, they're pretty easy to spot; they don't stray far from hospitality, wear God-awful clothes - particularly the shoes - got dreadful hair and that kind of “mug me” look about them), give 'em a clip round the earhole from me and tell 'em to behave.” (MySpace, June 2009)

On credibility: "Jack White has just done a song for Coca-Cola. End of. He ceases to be in the club. And he looks like Zorro on doughnuts. He's supposed to be the poster boy for the alternative way of thinking... I'm not having that, that's fucking wrong. Particularly Coca-Cola, it's like doing a fucking gig for McDonald's." (NME, December 2005)

On Liam: “He’s rude, arrogant, intimidating and lazy. He’s the angriest man you’ll ever meet. He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” (Q, April 2009)

On Thom Yorke: “No matter how much you sit there twiddling, going, 'We're all doomed', at the end of the day people will always want to hear you play 'Creep'. Get over it.” (The Daily Telegraph, February 2007)

(My personal favourite: )

On Keane: “I feel sorry for Keane. No matter how hard they try they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into onto his cock people would go ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar, good night’.” (Herald Sun, October 2008).

I love and hate Noel at the same time. He's a bastard and a prick but he's hilarious and I love his music.

As for Dom smoking an electric cig it's just nice he's clearly taking efforts to stop smoking. Yano how NME likes to exaggerate things, Noel likes NOONE

I love and hate Noel at the same time. He's a bastard and a prick but he's hilarious and I love his music.

As for Dom smoking an electric cig it's just nice he's clearly taking efforts to stop smoking. Yano how NME likes to exaggerate things, Noel likes NOONE

Who the hell is this Noone you keep going on about? :erm:

Has anyone else seen this yet ??

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/69067

The mans a joke. Going nowhere so all he does now is pretend to be hard and talk down to other musicians. Great way to end a very boring career, featuring the same three chords and monotonous drone from a pair of wasters.

If he really was that cool. He wouldn't be at the brits they are for kids. Then he wouldn't talk to NME .. ABOUT the brits to get attention.. FROM KIDS !

Hasn't he always done stuff like this? It's not a particularly new thing from him. Stop being butthurt

You seem upset.

EDIT: Fucking hell...

:LOL:

Maybe he just wanted to smoke indoors and couldn't be arsed to go outside, I swear someone mentioned recently they met him and he was drunk failing to light a cigarette

Sometimes it's just funny reading insults done is a creative way/clever quips, you know?

On Muse: “Muse fucking scare me. They're like fucking creepy shit. But people like 'em. They at least play guitars, but when I hear his voice I'm like, Ah, fuck him.” (GQ, June 2011

Didn't Muse reply to this one? I seem to remember something being said on one of the Gallagher brothers at some point.

He's just being himself. Always says what's on his mind, in an industry full of bull****ers. He just is disillusioned with how the British music industry has gone, and to be honest, I agree with him. Its pretty dire (with few noticeable exceptions).

And if 'going nowhere' is enjoying his life with his family on the back of a recent successful arena tour, off the back of a (very good) new album, then I want to be 'going nowhere' at his age.

I guess we have Matt's reply to the story on twitter:

Dom took Noel's lyrics "I want to live I don't want to die", "maybe I just want to breath"and "you and I are gonna live forever" literally. He's switching to real cigarettes based on Noel's apparent U-turn.

:happy:

Yeah maybe not. I got the reference of the song titles.

And you still thought it was funny without even getting the joke? :LOL:

The joke is that Dom was trying to stop smoking, and Noel had a dig at him for it. To which Matt replied that Dom was only trying to extend his life, therefore the Oasis lyrics.

The rest should be obvious.

Archived