matthijs

got a long lunch break at uni tomorrow, might have one for you :p

Don't forget the #dombow enit

New one should be ready for assembly this week hopefully... I think this one will be pretty special as it's even more matthew custom (???) than anything else I've had done, right down to the pickups.

But then it's a bit different to begin with.

What are the specs?

-MA-X body with figured mahogany back and maple top

-25.5" Fender scale

-white/black/white binding on top (no binding on back)

-same F hole configuration as pelham blue MA-X (4 different size holes with the alloy trim on the edges)

-set in multi piece neck (mahogany/maple/mahogany) with soft V profile

-same 3+3 headstock shape as blue MA-X (gloss black finish on front with white logo)

-22 fret compound radius ebony fretboard (side dots only) and standard fret size

-graphite nut

-gotoh x nickel 510 machine heads (non HAP)

-gotoh x nickel 510 tune o matic style bridge

-2x custom humbuckers (black open coil)

-custom alloy control knobs

-all other hardware gotoh x nickel color

-alloy pickguard (same as blue MA-X) with same control setup (2x volume, 2x tone, 3 way toggle)

-clear gloss finish on body back and sides and neck back, gloss black finish on maple top of body

Original spec had BKP stockholms, but otherwise, it hasn't changed too much since then.

-25.5" Fender scale

-same F hole configuration as pelham blue MA-X (4 different size holes with the alloy trim on the edges)

-same 3+3 headstock shape as blue MA-X (gloss black finish on front with white logo)

-22 fret compound radius ebony fretboard (side dots only) and standard fret size

-graphite nut

-alloy pickguard (same as blue MA-X) with same control setup (2x volume, 2x tone, 3 way toggle)

-clear gloss finish on body back and sides and neck back, gloss black finish on maple top of body

Original spec had BKP stockholms, but otherwise, it hasn't changed too much since then.

Is this something you're building or Manson? Sounds L-O-V lovely

-25.5" Fender scale

-graphite nut

Very nice! Can't wait to see it

got a long lunch break at uni tomorrow, might have one for you :p

is it after lunch yet

Is this something you're building or Manson? Sounds L-O-V lovely

I couldn't build anything like that - I can barely assemble a parts guitar

I posted a picture of it a few pages back, but that was from months ago. From what I've heard, the finish and everything is done, and they just need to put all the hardware/electronics/etc on

Has anyone seen or posted an MA bomber/lozenge?

Nope, closest I've seen was a tele shape with a smaller horn. I don't think that was rounded as much as a bomber though

Er, Jaicen... I think your email has been hacked. I didn't want to open it, but the preview in my inbox says "Salutations James" (as if anyone besides Bs speaks like that) and then has this questionable looking .info link

Thanks, was it Yahoo again?

No problem. Yahoo mail is pretty poor to be honest... I only use it because of what websites I have connected to it, which I can't keep track of at this point.

Any thoughts on changing the hardware to plain black on your guitar? I've done that on my E-62, but that's a red one. Looks pretty nice with black custom controls and black covered pickups

Don't know mate, the Cosmo black hardware is gorgeous. Only reason I'd change is if it became tatty or if I put piezoelectric saddles in. I'm using it in a covers band now, so def don't need the mbk3s right now. It would look awesome with Matt black hardware, but I think it looks more classy as is.

I'm already thinking about having a hollow e-shape custom with single coils, piezo and gk outputs and a stealth finish. :facepalm:

Don't know mate, the Cosmo black hardware is gorgeous. Only reason I'd change is if it became tatty or if I put piezoelectric saddles in. I'm using it in a covers band now, so def don't need the mbk3s right now. It would look awesome with Matt black hardware, but I think it looks more classy as is.

I'm already thinking about having a hollow e-shape custom with single coils, piezo and gk outputs and a stealth finish. :facepalm:

I don't think it ages in a bad way. My mirror E from early-mid 2012 has that hardware and it still looks new. Which matt black hardware are you referring to?

Good! My work here is done. I take it you mean strat style single coils?

I do; Strat style singles, probably alnico II, and some fancy Brian May wiring.

I'm not referring to any hardware in particular, I think if I could find some with the same textured black finish you get on the MBK2 and MB3 that would look proper smart. I'd have it made from Cedar to make it featherweight too.

As for the Manson Guitar Show, has anyone gone to one in the past? If so, what can we expect to see there from them and what might they be selling? Anything special?? Just curious if it's worth a trip now that I live in Europe, or if it's best I just plan a trip for another time to the shop/MGW.

I do; Strat style singles, probably alnico II, and some fancy Brian May wiring.

I'm not referring to any hardware in particular, I think if I could find some with the same textured black finish you get on the MBK2 and MB3 that would look proper smart. I'd have it made from Cedar to make it featherweight too.

I can't say I've seen any hardware like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if gotoh makes it. Is cedar usually light? I have one made of honduran (I think?) cedar, and it's about the same weight as the MB-1. I think that one might have even more wood removed because of the floyd cavities etc.

As for the Manson Guitar Show, has anyone gone to one in the past? If so, what can we expect to see there from them and what might they be selling? Anything special?? Just curious if it's worth a trip now that I live in Europe, or if it's best I just plan a trip for another time to the shop/MGW.

I'd definitely go. They've released new products in the past (MB-2 SE and the MA series) but I don't know about this year.

I'd definitely go. They've released new products in the past (MB-2 SE and the MA series) but I don't know about this year.

Nice! I can't get out of work stuff to see Muse in Berlin on the 13th, so hopefully I can get time off to get to the guitar show.

James that looks awesome. Want.

Re: cedar, yes it depends what species you get. There are some that are closely related to mahogany (sweitana) and others that are more akin to pine. I use cigar box cedar, which is light but you have to hunt through to find the lighter ones.

James that looks awesome. Want.

Re: cedar, yes it depends what species you get. There are some that are closely related to mahogany (sweitana) and others that are more akin to pine. I use cigar box cedar, which is light but you have to hunt through to find the lighter ones.

I think that's what I must have got. I'm pretty sure it's honduran, but I recall they used spanish cedar as well

Any idea? It's the one on the left.

27908_192814364259595_2143363596_n.jpg?oh=04f54c1a236c43131a61fc02fb49ebd9&oe=56792B6A

If live stream isn't doable, I will pass near real time updates on this forum.

Guitar looks beautiful so far!

Thanks, and don't worry - just as long as there are pictures!

Hey guys, I'm just having a slight problem with a buzz on a couple of the strings - is this a common problem with MAs?

where exactly? A slight amount is usually fine. I have some guitars that have a bit more buzz (more of a rattle I guess) than others - my MB-1 has always been borderline concerning, but it's still normal as far as I know. I think the one in the shop was exactly the same.

Archived