matthijs

I asked Adrian last week and he emailed me yesterday. They can do it, but they're so busy right now he can't quote it due to other customs needing to be finished as well as the MB announcement coming #soon! He told me to send him an email in 3 months or so to remind him. The quote was for:

Copper MA "bomber"

Mahogany body

Hard Maple "soft V" neck

Pickups:

Neck - P90

Bridge - MBK-2

Zvex Fuzz Factory

MXR Phase 90

Schaller 2 piece bridge

Custom hardware

That's where I'm starting with it. I'm sure there will be changes up until the build and throughout. FRX is still iffy.

Sounds good, I'm not at a stage to be quoting anything yet, but very nice to know that they can do it.

Also....

What is that neck pickup?

Sounds good, I'm not at a stage to be quoting anything yet, but very nice to know that they can do it.

Also....

What is that neck pickup?

Undecided on either the MBK-1, Mississippi Queen, or a traditional soapbar like in MB's bombers.

I'm tempted to put a BK Supermassive into my MBC's bridge.

Is that the humbucker-sized 90? I had a look at them when I was thinking about a custom MoC before Vile came along. I suppose if you're after that flatter sound its a good shout. However, I may be missing something but I always found it odd going for a "super high output" P90 when you could just grab a beefy humbucker and be away with it.

Not fancying the sustainer route, then? I'm yet to try Manson's P90s so can't really add anything to their arguments!

Not for this one. I have a Sustaniac in my MA EVO-S and I had a Fernandes FSK 101 in my MoC before I switched it out for a Rio Grande Bastard.

Not for this one. I have a Sustaniac in my MA EVO-S and I had a Fernandes FSK 101 in my MoC before I switched it out for a Rio Grande Bastard.

How does the sustaniac compare would you say? My Fernandes is rarely used without the sustainer, and the harmonic mode squeeeaaaals like a bitch so I can only use it on jams with no #chuggz or pauses.

How does the sustaniac compare would you say? My Fernandes is rarely used without the sustainer, and the harmonic mode squeeeaaaals like a bitch so I can only use it on jams with no #chuggz or pauses.

Day and night difference in my opinion. The Fernandes was fun, but like others have said on here, it pretty much blows as a pickup. The Sustainiac is definitely more versatile and can be used outside of the harmonic/sustain modes. I didn't have any of the issues others are having with the Fernandes when I used it, but I still prefer the Sustainiac by far.

Really? Did you adjust the trim pots? I don't recall that one squealing much

as well as the MB announcement coming #soon!

:awesome:

This is good to hear. Did he say anything else about the MB run? Or give any sort of time frame of when it would start?

:awesome:

This is good to hear. Did he say anything else about the MB run? Or give any sort of time frame of when it would start?

All Adrian said is was that they're late on the announcement. No time frame on when they'll do it or what model(s) they're going to run.

I've only tried the neck supermassive, but the stockholms are great.

Another BKP I'm liking is the juggernaut, but it's not a P90, so it's a soldano

You joking, that Parker I sold you had a supermassive in the bridge

awesome!!! how much was the refinish? :)

haven't gotten the full quote though, waiting on a response from Adrian, so far just had the "we can and will do it if you pay us" email :LOL:

Edit: James or anyone else who has a guitar with one in, how does the MBK-3 stack up against an MBK-2? Is it just a little darker/heavier?

haven't gotten the full quote though, waiting on a response from Adrian, so far just had the "we can and will do it if you pay us" email :LOL:

Edit: James or anyone else who has a guitar with one in, how does the MBK-3 stack up against an MBK-2? Is it just a little darker/heavier?

yeah pretty much

Really? Did you adjust the trim pots? I don't recall that one squealing much

Nope not touched any of the intesity pots or anything. Just squeals like hell. Might be down to my FF clone but its still noticeable through clean channels. Very annoying for the Stockholm Syndrome 0-0-3-0-0 outro riff.

All Adrian said is was that they're late on the announcement. No time frame on when they'll do it or what model(s) they're going to run.

Okay thank you :) I'll keep an even closer eye on my inbox now

Archived