matthijs

Wel, the aim was to get it all in one guitar, haha! Glad I did, though the MB-1 still gets a lot of use, particularly for sustainer stuff and other tunings.

I'd probably advise against it to be honest, haha! The bridge and the ali complicates it all a bit too much. Worth it for me of course. Why, what do you have in mind? :rolleyes:

Haha nah I was curious because someone sort of copied one of mine the other day. I guess that's the good thing about your custom - no one is crazy enough to take on such a project

Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess I'd obviously like it to remain unique, because a lot went into it, in more ways than one. If I was to make another one, I'd probably either just go for a standard unmodified bridge, still ZR if I wanted the trem, but yeah, maybe without the need for piezo/midi, as I just needed one guitar that could use them, and otherwise, I probably wouldn't have the ali on another guitar, as the sustainer would work a lot better without it. I'd keep fuzz factory, and maybe wouldn't even mind keeping the piezo in there if I had a fixed bridge, as that could easily have the saddles for that, and it helps with layering. Yeah. Something like that. Could definitely come up with a slightly modified spec for a second one, but I'd need a cool new finish instead of the ali, haha! I don't really need it though anyway.

nice! how does the EVO and Cort compare?

The MA-1 (not an EVO...) is a shit-tonne louder than the MBC. Weight wise, about the same. Necks are very similar in terms of shape and quality. Both are bloody good guitars.

The MA-1 finish isnt as tough as the MBC's finish, but the MA-1 is sonically better, and the fretboard is far more playable.

The MA-1 (not an EVO...) is a shit-tonne louder than the MBC. Weight wise, about the same. Necks are very similar in terms of shape and quality. Both are bloody good guitars.

The MA-1 finish isnt as tough as the MBC's finish, but the MA-1 is sonically better, and the fretboard is far more playable.

whoops, my bad. thank you :-)

Damn it, James, you've actually got my mind working on a Custom v.2 now, haha! I can't see it happening from a purely financial perspective but I can probably guess at what I'd do if I did, haha!

Little bit worried about something, if someone could help me.

Got my Manson 2 weeks ago, and i have just realised the custom tuning pegs are not in line properly. Will this be an issue? Should I get the guitar sent back to Mansons?

I just did not want it creating any tuning issues/stress on the neck down the line.

Little bit worried about something, if someone could help me.

Got my Manson 2 weeks ago, and i have just realised the custom tuning pegs are not in line properly. Will this be an issue? Should I get the guitar sent back to Mansons?

I just did not want it creating any tuning issues/stress on the neck down the line.

I'm gonna go guess you have HAPs?

Do you mean the height of the post gradually gets lower the further away from the nut it is? If so don't worry

Is it louder than the MBC because of the resonance of the body or because of different pickups?

I'm gonna go guess you have HAPs?

Do you mean the height of the post gradually gets lower the further away from the nut it is? If so don't worry

Hi mate yeah i do.

on the B string the tuning peg is at a slight angle compard to the rest of the tuning pegs.

I'm convinced you're part of Mansons overseas marketing, haha! I'll have to try and bury it in my mind somewhere. :LOL:

If it's anything like the first one, you're going to have a difficult time finding enough space to bury it

Hi mate yeah i do.

on the B string the tuning peg is at a slight angle compard to the rest of the tuning pegs.

do you mean it's lower than the others? any pictures?

If it's anything like the first one, you're going to have a difficult time finding enough space to bury it

do you mean it's lower than the others? any pictures?

I can send some across after work. Basically if i was to put a ruler flat from the B tuning peg to high E it wouldnt be straight. It looks like the B tuning peg is slightly leaning towards the G tuning peg if that makes any sense?

Archived