Chance [song from the 2nd Law sessions?]

mr.jingles

Just because they wrote 12 song titles on a board doesn't automatically mean the just composed "the minimum for an album". They could have written 100 songs and just picked 12 to work on detail for the album.

I also find it ironic how there are more The Resistance and The 2nd Law haters here, on the official muse.mu board, than anywhere else.

It would be hard to pick them before they're recorded because how do they know it's going to work as an album? Oh that's right, it doesn't. :awesome:

That's because the last three albums have been extremely disappointing for a lot of long-term fans. They're ok but nothing on what we'd hoped for.:)

That's because the last three albums have been extremely disappointing for a lot of long-term fans. They're ok but nothing on what we'd hoped for.:)

OOS and Absolution... those two albums are one third of all muse albums... that's not the whole truth about Muse... The last three albums are the majority...

I feel sad for Showbiz while writing this... :(

It would be hard to pick them before they're recorded because how do they know it's going to work as an album? Oh that's right, it doesn't. :awesome:

Stop saying "We" like every oldschool Muse fan agrees with you. I think Muse is getting better and better, and I started to listen to them in the OoS/Absolution era.

2nd law is without a doubt their best album.

[...] I started to listen to them in the OoS/Absolution era.[...]

Swedish Muse lover for 6 years <3

Make that the BHaR era. ;)

By the way, his "we" refers back to the "a lot of long-term fans" in the preceding sentence, so he did everything right and didn't speak for everyone, just the subset he belongs to - you're being a bit touchy. The irony comes in your last sentence, where you fall for the mistake you're accusing him of, and seem to establish for everyone that T2L is the best Muse album.

:D

• 7 months later...
Hypocrisy!

How is that hypocrisy? I have been listening to them since the Origin of Symmetry era and I also think this is one of their best albums... although I think it is a little bit exaggerated to call it their best album. I love the stuff they did back then, but I also love what they're doing now, and I'm aware it's completely different music.

BTW, the conclusion of this thread would be that Chance was the working title of Liquid State?

Archived