Album advertising on television?

Jetro

I have seen TV ads for Queen, Coldplay, U2 etc. Has anything Muse related been advertised for in any country? I haven't seen any. I still remember the hardcore advertising from Coldplay, and I got "In my Place" stuck in my head ever since.

THE 2ND LAW. OUT NOW. INCLUDING SINGLES "BIG FREEZE" AND "ANIMALS".

Would this be regarded as a "sellout" move? Do you think Muse wish to grasp even further? Are their music too alternative still for the masses?

I saw the tour dates advertised on SNL. Haven't watched TV in such a long time before that though I can't say if there are ads though.

If you consider trying to get a lot of profit from songs and merch a sellout move, then yeah, but no more than the band has already been for years.

I have seen TV ads for Queen, Coldplay, U2 etc. Has anything Muse related been advertised for in any country? I haven't seen any. I still remember the hardcore advertising from Coldplay, and I got "In my Place" stuck in my head ever since.

THE 2ND LAW. OUT NOW. INCLUDING SINGLES "BIG FREEZE" AND "ANIMALS".

Would this be regarded as a "sellout" move? Do you think Muse wish to grasp even further? Are their music too alternative still for the masses?

Apparently been a few ads for T2L from HMV Ireland, along with mention of the Dublin gig next month. Not noticed anything compared to the amount of ads for The Resistance that were on TV over here.

I think they will in the countries they are less known in but tv advertising for an album these days is a waste of money i think. Overall there is little money (relatively speaking) in selling albums these days. Once the money has been dished out to the relevant people that is

It's not all that normal to see commercials for bands on US channels, at least not the ones on my carrier.

Can't remember the last one I saw.

Now, having a song/band in a car, cell phone or sports commercial and then plugging the CD, THAT is common... And I would probably consider that more selling out.

Muse has been sorely lacking from instore CD promotion this cycle, though, after I saw them for all three of the last albums, Abso included.

That sort of bothered me.

I vaguely remember seeing one last year for The Resistance, but it was on Palladia (a music channel) and during a segment where they were already playing Muse. I don't recall if it was for the tour or for the album. I think it may have been the tour. Anyways, I don't watch much TV and if I do, I skip all of the commercials.

Some ads are all the time and in your face, but I never saw one for The Resistance. I noticed that Exo-Genesis: Overture was played on a perfume commercial, though. I was over the moon about Muse getting mainstream attention, so to speak.

I have no idea. I'm Brazilian. :$

Huahua. Oh you.

Archived