2013.04.19 - IZOD Center, E. Rutherford, NJ, US

Furygirl

Last night was a great show!! Yes, this set list was not as magical as the second night at MSG. But everything was played great, sounded great and it was amazing to be there!! I will say that I did notice some issues with the CO2 cannons, the ones on the right side weren't always firing. But did that take away from the amazingness of the show, nope!!

I love when Matt plays the piano and I got plenty of that last night. The crowd was amazing!! They were on their feet from the first song and rocked out the entire time. (Completely unlike MSG who did not in my section)

:dance: Shout out to section 121!! :dance:

I was hoping for Stockholm Syndrome on the roulette wheel and I got it!! WOOHOO, what a great live song. RIP Dom's drum :dom:

I am drowning in Muse happiness right now....2 great shows in one week. I cannot wait until September! See you all in Philly! :musesign:

was anyone else disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd in the front? i was about 3 rows back, dead center and most people around me just seemed so bored. after hardly any jumping was going on during knights, i decided to just fuck it and not let the crowd ruin it for me. they got a bit better as time went on, but absolutely nothing like the crowds i experienced at the shows last tour

otherwise, a solid show from the boys. i never thought i'd see the day with a muse setlist containing 0 songs from origin of symmetry, but matt looked me in the eyes and gave me a nice solid handshake so all is forgiven

I have a vid of the (last part) of Matt throwing the guitar into Dom's drums!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAOzbJw17E

edit: lol what's the youtube tag now? It's been too long since I've posted. :$

Thanks for posting that, I was looking for a video to show my friends. :LOL:

was anyone else disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd in the front? i was about 3 rows back, dead center and most people around me just seemed so bored. after hardly any jumping was going on during knights, i decided to just fuck it and not let the crowd ruin it for me. they got a bit better as time went on, but absolutely nothing like the crowds i experiences at the shows last tour

otherwise, a solid show from the boys. i never thought i'd see the day that a muse setlist contained 0 songs from origin of symmetry, but matt looked me in the eyes and gave me a nice solid handshake so all is forgiven

From where I was, the GA crowd looked pretty dead for the most part. There were some groups of people that were enjoying themselves and jumping and whatnot, and a good amount of people moving their arms (idk what you call that haha) during songs like Knights but a lot of people seemed very still. I don't know whether or not they were unenthusiastic or just didn't feel like jumping. I think the seated sections might have been getting more involved than some of the GA!

Either way, Muse's performance had a ton of energy and the crowd seemed to be singing a lot, and it wasn't so bad that it distracted me or anything (I was, however, distracted by the people that kept walking past me carrying food during the middle of songs :rolleyes: )

was anyone else disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd in the front? i was about 3 rows back, dead center and most people around me just seemed so bored. after hardly any jumping was going on during knights, i decided to just fuck it and not let the crowd ruin it for me. they got a bit better as time went on, but absolutely nothing like the crowds i experienced at the shows last tour

otherwise, a solid show from the boys. i never thought i'd see the day with a muse setlist containing 0 songs from origin of symmetry, but matt looked me in the eyes and gave me a nice solid handshake so all is forgiven

the people behind me were definitely livelier than the people to the side. One girl on the barrier didn't move AT ALL and I think she was scowling, however that's possible. :LOL:

Oh well, didn't let that stop me from enjoying the hell out of myself. I could hear a lot of singing, too. :)

I don't give any shits that the setlist was generic. MATT HUGGED ME I CAN SERIOUSLY DIE NOW. I don't know how I'm still alive. My face is sore from how hard I've been smiling the past three hours. (any chance anyone got pics of that btw? I want to remember it and I got nothing but my memories :p)

Good for you!!!!!! :) Were you the one with the "Hug Please" sign, that flipped over to say "Thank You" on the back?? :)

MusersAdvocate---HEAR, HEAR!!!!! about not worrying what they play, and just enjoying that it is MUUUUSE, and getting lost in the music/lost in the moment!! :):) SOOO agree with you. Afetr having seen them three times this past week (Boston/Mohegan/Izod last night) all I feel is blessed, at this point. And euphoric. And ectsatic. (not to mention BEYOND thrilled that I have finally SEEN them....never had seen them live, but now three times this past week has made up for that :D:musesign: ).

Great gig.....a few malfunctions (already mentioned on here), as well as the malfunction of Matt's video glasses (saw him put them on/mess around with them and then just give up and take them off and sing the song naked-faced :) ). But all in "who cares' land.....so much fun, and I actually thought the crowd had great energy, and was very into it overall, with loud singalongs. :) Ahhhhh....Muse....... :):D:musesign:

:dance: Shout out to section 121!! :dance:

^ I was in section 121!

First time I was able to get to see Muse in concert. I was impressed with how everything was put together for the show. I agree with the comments about the GA crowd.. they were very subdued.. Not that I expect a mosh pit at a Muse concert, but I was definitely expecting more energy from them.

Matt coming down to the front of the GA section made me wish I hadn't bought VIP tickets :(

Can't wait to see them again. I might just have to buy tickets to see them in Philly. Hope I can swing it :)

Good for you!!!!!! :) Were you the one with the "Hug Please" sign, that flipped over to say "Thank You" on the back?? :)

Haha, yes I was! Did I meet you yesterday by any chance? I have no idea who anyone was. :LOL:

I can't say how the GA crowd was overall but it probably does depend a lot on where you are. I enjoyed last night a lot more than at Prudential, even if I don't factor in the hug.

the people behind me were definitely livelier than the people to the side. One girl on the barrier didn't move AT ALL and I think she was scowling, however that's possible. :LOL:

Oh well, didn't let that stop me from enjoying the hell out of myself. I could hear a lot of singing, too. :)

Was she mad because she didn't get a hug? :LOL:

The singing was great, Prudential definitely didn't have that energy last year.

I can't say how the GA crowd was overall but it probably does depend a lot on where you are. I enjoyed last night a lot more than at Prudential, even if I don't factor in the hug.

I'd second that, I had an incredible time last night and it probably won't be until the next time I see Muse that a show even compares. ;)

Sorry to say I won't be able to go see them in Philly, there's just no possible way for me to get the money. :$ Next tour, though! I'll be waiting!

Haha, yes I was! Did I meet you yesterday by any chance? I have no idea who anyone was. :LOL:

No, sadly I didn't meet you....my hubby saw the moment, and your sign, and described it to me....I was too busy at the time running off to the railing of our (seated) section

(109/110) by the stage, hoping to waylay Matt when he came along the left side of the stage to go back and get back up on the stage! LOL! :LOL: Alas, it didn't work...waaaay too much room between where he was walking and where I was standing so he didn't see me. This same plot HAD worked out GREAT at Mohegan...got my "moment" with Matt. :) Was just hoping for a repeat at Izod. :D So when I got back to my seat, hubby told me about your sign/the hug/etc. :)

Don't know if you've seen this, but someone uploaded the whole gig on youtube! ;)

Quality's a bit low at some parts, but hey! It's the whole thing! :happy:

Thanks for this! There are also some other pretty good quality vids both audio and video up on YT form this gig, too. Not the whole thing like this one, but individual songs. Check some of them out! :)

This was my first Muse show and it was awesome. I like a lot of the newer songs better live than on the album. Was there with friends I hadn't seen in years and years and years so that made it fun. Got stopped by someone asking for a picture with me because she liked my shirt which seems to happen a lot when I wear that shirt (if the person who that was is reading this let me know. :) It wasn't a Muse T-shirt. Everybody else there was wearing Muse T-shirts, that would be boring.) Being my first show by them, I wasn't picky about the set list except that I was glad that Stockholm was the one that came up on the roulette wheel and that Hysteria was played because that wasn't on the setlists I'd seen from earlier in the tour.

OK, I have nothing else.

What a great show. Muse never disappoints. I got there about halfway through the opening act and ended up about five rows back. There was some meat head who decided to forcibly "dance" and knock his way to the first row as Supremacy started, assaulting several audience members on the way, but other than that no complaints. Stockholm Syndrome was mega. I also loved that they cranked the guitar up on Survival to close the show. Follow Me was another highlight, but all the songs were good. Lots of energy from the band. Five stars. :-)

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still euphoric from Friday night as well! My friend let me have his GA ticket--I had a seat in section 110 but the offer of a GA was too good to pass up and I'm so happy I took it! :D

I was up front on Chris's side and I was in awe! When that pyramid descended on the stage and the music started, it was so magical. Sorry to sound like a dork, but it's true. Being in the GA makes you feel so much more apart of the show. And to see the guys so close is so exciting! Anyway, the show was incredible--they never disappoint. Muse sounded amazing! The only part of the show that I personally could consider a bit disappointing was when Matt came down to the audience during UD. He stopped short of me by about 2 feet and then turned back! :eek: I'm sure the rest of the crowd on my side were a bit sad about that too, but it was still cool to see him so close.

I was thrilled to hear them play Explorers and United States of Eurasia.

Well I'm a few days late with my impressions, but better late than never!

As of Friday I wasn't even really planning on going, but I just could not resist. Craigslist is full of people wanting to get rid of their tix at face value or less. And I found a good one. I opted not to do GA, since I kind of wanted to see the show from farther back this time (I had GA on Monday at MSG). It was still a great section (106). I also didn't want to deal with entering at the same time as someone with their credit card to get in and all that...

I got to see Buddah26 way out on the floor which was cool to say hi from afar, and at the end of the show, briefly outside in the rain, I got to meet Msmart who is officially my first Muser from here that I met in person:) Hey guys!

Everyone has said that it's not the setlist that matters -- it's the show, and you are right about that! I had an amazing time all over again, BUT one could only hope for something a little different if you've seen them earlier in the week. Sadly I missed Night #2 at MSG, so I wondered if they would give NJ a treat, being it was the last USA show till Fall, and also it was basically a 3rd NYC show, since it was north Jersey, as others have said.

When we got Hysteria, I was already feeling lucky. I LOVE this song, and I'm so glad I got to hear it. The rest was the same as Night #1 at MSG -- which is absolutely ok! Still great! I was hoping for New Born a little I must admit:)

I got excited watching on the big screens as Matt shook various hands and offered hugs to a special select few -- so lucky!!!

I only got to see the last 2-1/2 songs of Dead Sara. That was ok, I was just glad to have made the show in time, being it all started a half hour earlier than NYC.

IZOD Center rocked. Everyone in my section stood, but most stood still. I moved the entire time. I had a great view of the GA floor and I can tell you that the side on the RIGHT, by Chris, definitely rocked harder than the other side! They jumped, they pumped their hands in the air, and the left side for the most part--except for a few in the very front-- remained still. I think as others have pointed out, it is because they are worried about getting the perfect shots with their phones for videos etc. It sucks because even if you capture something amazing for all of us to share HERE, you are not living in the moment and rocking out WITH Muse and everyone around you. I've been guilty of this at times.

Maybe some of you have gotten this question: "Why do you feel the need to go to more than one show? Haven't you seen it already, what's the point?"

My answer is that it is like watching a movie that you really loved, and you get the urge to see it again and this time you know your favorite parts to really look out for, or to catch something you might have missed the first time, or even in some cases get something brand new! We listen to the same Cds over and over, why can't we watch and listen to the same show over and over? I say if you can get there, afford it, and are able, WHY NOT!:D

Being my first show at the IZOD, and coming from central jersey, I didn't know what to expect with the shuttles after the show which takes you to Secaucus. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way again to see a show there unless it was something I really loved like this was. The shuttle after the show was very inefficient in that they sent only ONE bus to pick up a massive line of people who stood freezing and wet from the rain. Only after about 35-40 minutes of waiting outside, did they send two more at the same time. I didn't catch the train i wanted, and therefore got home at 2am. All worth it, but when the show was over, I was over the long journey! At least on the way up you have the anticipation of seeing Muse and you feel excited. On the way back it seems twice as long, as you fight sleep on the train.

Anyway, I really look forward to the Philly show in September, and wonder what changes will transpire?!

Joining on the discussion about the IZOD show.

What can I say? They were f****ng amazing!

Yes, the show relied heavily on the lights and the screens, but their musicianship and Matt's voice soared above all that.

Yes, setlist could have included PIB, NB or Bliss (hearing any of them would have made my night) but what they played sounded tight and great. There were two songs in the middle of the set that most people used as pee break time, lol, and could have been obviated in my opinion.

This was my fourth time at IZOD and I always have a good experience there. Stayed locally at a Meadowlands hotel, and I would seriously consider that next time I attend a concert there. It was very convenient to get in/out of the venue even in the rain.

Shoutout to Abbi. Evne in the distance we said hello. I could not meet anyone else besides people forming the line with me, and some of them were very pleasant. Lots of visitors at the show.

I will have to disagree with previous postings that said this was their best show ever. It wasn't. Not because of the setlist, although that has something to do with it, but because having seen them in a club venue before they broke big, it felt more intimate and the energy was exploding.

IZOD Center rocked. Everyone in my section stood, but most stood still. I moved the entire time. I had a great view of the GA floor and I can tell you that the side on the RIGHT, by Chris, definitely rocked harder than the other side! They jumped, they pumped their hands in the air, and the left side for the most part--except for a few in the very front-- remained still. I think as others have pointed out, it is because they are worried about getting the perfect shots with their phones for videos etc. It sucks because even if you capture something amazing for all of us to share HERE, you are not living in the moment and rocking out WITH Muse and everyone around you. I've been guilty of this at times.

Maybe some of you have gotten this question: "Why do you feel the need to go to more than one show? Haven't you seen it already, what's the point?"

My answer is that it is like watching a movie that you really loved, and you get the urge to see it again and this time you know your favorite parts to really look out for, or to catch something you might have missed the first time, or even in some cases get something brand new! We listen to the same Cds over and over, why can't we watch and listen to the same show over and over? I say if you can get there, afford it, and are able, WHY NOT!:D

I was on Chris's side so to hear you say this side rocked out harder makes me happy since I was all the way up front and had no idea what was going behind me!

I have received strange looks from certain people and questions like, why are you going 3 times? Isn't once enough? NO! And I agree with you totally--it you really love something you want to watch it again and again! Plus, you have to think about the amount of time that will pass between tours and what if they don't come to your area on the next leg, etc...so I think see them as much as you can while you can! Especially if you love them that much and are able to, go for it.

We had a decent time at this gig, but I couldn't help feeling like they dropped the ball a bit by not even adding one song variation from the first 2 nights. At the very least I expected New Born, with Animals and Save Me also pretty likely. I was at both MSG shows so it wasn't a huge deal (can't really complain too much after getting Dead Star!) but it was a little anti-climactic. Apart from that they were really on form and it was great experiencing it with two first-timers who came with me and had a great time. Izod needs to get a bit stricter on the smokers though... We were standing in the middle at about half court and people were constantly lighting cigarettes around us. I guess that's what comes with a show in Jersey!*

*Disclaimer: I myself live in Jersey.

We had a decent time at this gig, but I couldn't help feeling like they dropped the ball a bit by not even adding one song variation from the first 2 nights. At the very least I expected New Born, with Animals and Save Me also pretty likely. I was at both MSG shows so it wasn't a huge deal (can't really complain too much after getting Dead Star!) but it was a little anti-climactic. Apart from that they were really on form and it was great experiencing it with two first-timers who came with me and had a great time. Izod needs to get a bit stricter on the smokers though... We were standing in the middle at about half court and people were constantly lighting cigarettes around us. I guess that's what comes with a show in Jersey!*

*Disclaimer: I myself live in Jersey.

yeah i definitely wont complain about the setlist but i was surprised that there wasnt even at least one hiccup in variation. i had two first timers with me as well and they loved it! smoking seems to be common everywhere, MSG was filled with pot and everything else. cant say i dont like it though :p

Archived