2013.04.19 - IZOD Center, E. Rutherford, NJ, US

Furygirl

Can we expect a bootleg of this show? I'd certainly like to have one.

i posted about 9 HD videos to youtube, link earlier on the page. im in the process of making a bootleg concert right now. i have about 24 songs altogether that im gonna edit together (including Dead Star :D)

Heya everyone!

I haven't posted in a while. My name is Ken and I'm a concert photographer from New York. I was also the photographer on assignment at the IZOD Center gig. I've been a massive Muse fan for a while and this was my second time seeing them (my first time being the first MSG gig they played earlier that week). I'd love it if you'd guys were to check out my photos, feel free to pass the link along to other Muse fans. Cheers :)

http://kenami.tumblr.com/post/48628520141/concert-recap-muse

8671603379_0a05ddc2ee_c.jpg

Heya everyone!

I haven't posted in a while. My name is Ken and I'm a concert photographer from New York. I was also the photographer on assignment at the IZOD Center gig. I've been a massive Muse fan for a while and this was my second time seeing them (my first time being the first MSG gig they played earlier that week). I'd love it if you'd guys were to check out my photos, feel free to pass the link along to other Muse fans. Cheers :)

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are stunningly beautiful!

We had a decent time at this gig, but I couldn't help feeling like they dropped the ball a bit by not even adding one song variation from the first 2 nights. At the very least I expected New Born, with Animals and Save Me also pretty likely. I was at both MSG shows so it wasn't a huge deal (can't really complain too much after getting Dead Star!) but it was a little anti-climactic. Apart from that they were really on form and it was great experiencing it with two first-timers who came with me and had a great time. Izod needs to get a bit stricter on the smokers though... We were standing in the middle at about half court and people were constantly lighting cigarettes around us. I guess that's what comes with a show in Jersey!*

*Disclaimer: I myself live in Jersey.

Not sure if you have not gone to many shows before or you have not been in the pit area much, but this happens at every concert I've been to, even in NYC. The only places where they are very strict about smoking is theaters and enclosed spaces like RCMH and Beacon. T5, Roseland, even Bowery, are all very lenient about it, and at any given time you can sniff pot or cigs

So no, it is not NJ thing and definitely not a new thing either :)

Heya everyone!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was planning to bring my camera but opted not to because I thought there might be a problem bringing it in, which there would have been. I was bummed that I didn't get a chance to take some good shots. But this more than makes up for it! Really appreciate the link.

Heya everyone!

Awesome shots. I would love to know what lenses you used if you have a second to reply.

Awesome shots. I would love to know what lenses you used if you have a second to reply.

Absolutely. I use a sony A700 body and shoot with Sony lens. For this gig I used primarily my 70-200mm of 4.5-5.6 (a bit slow but due to the zoom it can be manipulated to be fast, depending on the angle) and a 18-70mm 3.5 lens. Hope that helped :)

i posted about 9 HD videos to youtube, link earlier on the page. im in the process of making a bootleg concert right now. i have about 24 songs altogether that im gonna edit together (including Dead Star :D)

Awesome! I will look forward to it in excitement. :D

!! Yesss another Sony lover. No wonder these shots look so amazing.:LOL:

Although I am sad to say I don't have the A700 yet.

Hahaha nice! I got it last summer and despite it's age (I think it was released in late 2007 or early 2008) I think it's still a fine camera. I am dying to upgrade to the A900. The sensor is full frame and it seems to have a lot of power in the hardware.

We had a decent time at this gig, but I couldn't help feeling like they dropped the ball a bit by not even adding one song variation from the first 2 nights. At the very least I expected New Born, with Animals and Save Me also pretty likely. I was at both MSG shows so it wasn't a huge deal (can't really complain too much after getting Dead Star!) but it was a little anti-climactic. Apart from that they were really on form and it was great experiencing it with two first-timers who came with me and had a great time. Izod needs to get a bit stricter on the smokers though... We were standing in the middle at about half court and people were constantly lighting cigarettes around us. I guess that's what comes with a show in Jersey!*

*Disclaimer: I myself live in Jersey.

Ha, yes I was expecting the same thing. Oh well, I can't complain because like you said they were really having a good night, what they played sounded perfect. :happy:

I was surprised by the smoking too, when I saw them at Prudential last time I didn't see anyone smoking! Of course, it may have just been the section I was sitting in. The security at the Izod center was a bit weird though, one guy came up from the barrier along the side of the floor to our section just to tell two people in front of me to put their camera away - completely ignoring the entire rest of the section that was filming and the guy behind me very obviously smoking pot. :rolleyes:

Yay, bootlegs! :awesome: Are you adding Dead Star from MSG?

Just agreeing with everyone that this was a great night, and I'm still in my post-Muse euphoria of having seen them three times in the past week+. Hoping the euphoria lasts until fall, when we can do it all again. :D

Ah, hope everyone has a great time at Philly. I stupidly checked to see if there were tickets left, knowing that I can't go, and of course there were still GA available :(

Heya everyone!

Ha, I talked to you on tumblr! I was the one that asked about using those pictures as wallpapers! :LOL: Like I said there, those are really great shots!

Archived