The 2nd Law DVD

michael8888

Anyone alse laughed out loud when Dom was playing that big drum in the Unsustainable making of dressed as a chicken? Or what was he dressed like??

He actually wore that on at least one gig during the TR-tour. Not sure which one. Was it the Coke Live Festival? Can't really remember.

Oxygen 2010

tumblr_l5dh74cp661qztyh1o1_500.jpg

And from here first:

o3H5Pcxam88

I am sure that Dom is used to Matt being a wind-up by now. :LOL: I think Dom always acts kind of weary, when Matt's winding him up! :LOL: I think possibly they (well Matt in particular) starts getting a bit bored after sitting around for a long time and then starts messing about.

And it's likely that Tom will include those incidents, as perhaps the majority of the time they are just chatting normally and he thinks it will be a bit boring to watch. But all good. I'm sure we enjoy the goofy bits. :happy:

Edit: I'm not saying there couldn't be any issue regarding Dom, who knows. I haven't noticed any difference in him but I've noticed that people keep mentioning stuff. I think people could also be reading too much into things. Hopefully he's fine. Hopefully they're all fine.

I enjoyed the DVD. It's interesting to see snippets of how the songs are put together. I liked seeing/hearing Matt doing the vocal parts without lyrics as I don't think we've seen that before.

There's a third button in the menu and it says UN-SUS-TAI-NA-BLE.

Wait what?

That was how I accessed it, I just went up and the robot face appeared, clicked that, no unsustainable?

I'm sure any grumpiness seen on the DVD is just album recording stress, it might get stressful being in there for weeks on end. I've experienced the stress just spending one night recording a single song.

Overall great DVD, a few chances to see some rare raw Matt singing, not recorded or live.

Was pretty brilliant seeing Dom come out in that outfit at Oxegen, one of the camera men doing the screens eventually zoomed right in on his crotch.

Kind of disappointed they didn't include Follow Me, but always enjoy seeing the banter between the band. Was good seeing Chris get in on it too, he's funny. Didn't think they were still such kids. :LOL:

I'm a bit pissed it doesn't include all the songs.

And that the "bonus features" are just things taken out of the main feature.

+1 It's not exactly a 'making of' the album when we don't get to see the whole thing being made. It would have been interesting to see the Chris songs, and electronic stuff like Follow Me, especially as Nero produced that one. I also would have liked to see recordings of Matt/Chris singing, but I remember from an old interview Matt saying he's quite self conscious about people watching him while he sings in the studio, lol.

On another note, I had it in mind this whole time that the 'leaked' 30 minute video that appeared on YouTube ages ago - with each of them in front of a black background with their logo in the background - where they talk about the songs track-by-track (almost) was going to be part of this. As that's not the case, what was it actually for? It looked pro-shot and with the logo etc I figured it would be DVD-worthy. Did they just scrap that cos it was leaked? Confuzzled by it.

Archived