1. 1. Do you like Explorers?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's absolutely gorgeous...

Most definetly my favourite song on The 2nd Law.

I actually seeked out this thread, via 'search', after scrolling through the thread re Big Freeze and seeing a comment regarding Explorers, in a negative light, and begun to think perhaps the general concensus dislikes this song. Quite releaved to see the contrary :)

I heard this live for the first time at the Shepherd's Bush Empire the other day and I have to say it's just as boring as it is on the album. Didn't help that it followed KoC...

One of my least favourite Muse songs. The only part I like really is "Running around in circles feeling caged by endless rules"

"Go to sleep" - I did.

It worked perfectly after Knights. Knights nearly kills you, Explorers calms everyone down

I disagree, I don't think it works all that well. Yes it's nice to have a bit of a comedown after a song like Knights but this song is not a good choice. After the buzz of Knights you still need a song with a bit of oomph otherwise the mood is just killed flat, as it was with Explorers. It made the placing of Knights in the middle of the set feel even more bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Explorers. The lyrics are some of the best on the album, imo. They put me in a pensive mood. Also, the pacing is quite good; it doesn't seem like a six minute long song. And I love when the Christmassy bells come in.

Archived