Once the hype has died down a little, somebody should work on mixing up the tracks of the last three albums, coming up with 3 more musically consistent albums. There's room for a classical, pop and rock album, but instead we've had 3 albums that are all over the place.

Liquid State's much closer to modern rock than Muse tend to go, but I still think they made it sound 'Musey' so it doesn't sound as generic.

I definitely am with the bias thing - we all are right now, though ;). My opinions of these songs is gonna change (probably not drastically, but they will) cos this is just listen 1. By listen 101, it'll all be a bit different - it happens every time :LOL:

I'll have to listen to both Assassin and LS to compare which I think is heavier. I'm talking only about the album version. If GOB was the point of comparison, then yeah that is heavier.

Liquid state sounds NOTHING like Muse. I would never have guessed it was a Muse song, it could just as well be a random rock song.

And i expected a guitar solo from matt, as this is his only chance to go completely wild during a concert

I absolutely love it. Explorers just might be my favorite. The first half of the album is fantastic. Superb. It loses momentum after Big Freeze for me though, which I think is the weakest one on the album.

Also, I get such a Foo Fighters vibe from Liquid State...I'm not the only one right? Haha. It's his voice that's why. Feel underwhelmed with Liquid State though. Expected something more. :p

The more often I listen to Big Freeze, the more I like it... It's not that bad, really liking it:D

And I'm liking Save Me so much, the ambience in the track is awesome and the chorus is so impressive :D

It's really a feeling of someone totally desperate. Don't know what to do, and is asking for help. It sounds a bit like a praying. Like it...

Liquid state sounds NOTHING like Muse. I would never have guessed it was a Muse song, it could just as well be a random rock song.

And i expected a guitar solo from matt, as this is his only chance to go completely wild during a concert

He probably still will, they usually add in guitar solos and bridging instrumentals

Archived