I'm just going on the assumption that when we got support slot announcements for 2007 and 2010 stadium shows, weren't all acts announced together rather than separately? Nothing to do with how big Muse are getting.

I think the times of getting 3 support acts for stadium gigs are long gone now. It'll probably just be one big support act for each show.

Normally for touring productions there's 2, and Muse have said there'll be more support acts for the UK shows. When we'll actually hear who they are is anyone's guess.

Paramoooore

...suuuuuuucks :awesome:

But I won't be there so whuteva.

I think I'd rather take Dizzee out of those three. I'm sure North Europe will get the special North Europe treatment, though, in the shape of something lamer than lame.

Cute Dead Star reaction by Matt. Security however was not impressed. :chuckle:

Hysteria

Dead Star

New Born

Guitar interlude + Sing for Absolution

Fury

Citizen Erased

Take a Bow (instrumental)

Space Dementia

Ruled by Secrecy

Piano interlude + Sunburn (keyboard)

Butterflies & Hurricanes

The Small Print

Forced In (instrumental)

Muscle Museum

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Bliss (extended)

Intro + Apocalypse Please

Blackout

Stockholm Syndrome

Orleans, 2004. Looks like one of the best gigs of that tour

Nuts. Absolutely nuts. Such a good set :LOL:

LIVING IS A PROBLEM

SPANISH RADIO

THAT GOLDEN RULE

:supersad:

Off the top of my head, what bothers me about them is their very American sound. I usually lean towards UK rock, in particular when it comes to rock music from mid-90's onwards. Biffy sounds overly polished and plastic-y in the same way so many American bands do, including Paramore, 30 seconds to Mars, all the countless pop-punk bands like Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte (arguably one of the worst rock bands ever to achieve mainstream popularity) and mid-00's bands labelled "emo"/"scene" like Taking Back Sunday, Brand New. (This doesn't mean I don't love a lot of American music - I do, I'm talking about mainstream radio rock).

(And before "And Muse isn't overly polished/doesn't have plastic-y tracks?": yes they do, but in a different way. But it's obviously a matter of personal preference first and foremost).

However, that live performance wasn't bad at all, probably because it sounded a lot more pleasant without the polished surface. It's hard to get excited about seeing them live when I don't care for their songs.

Off the top of my head, what bothers me about them is their very American sound. I usually lean towards UK rock, in particular when it comes to rock music from mid-90's onwards. Biffy sounds overly polished and plastic-y in the same way so many American bands do, including Paramore, 30 seconds to Mars, all the countless pop-punk bands like Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte (arguably one of the worst rock bands ever to achieve mainstream popularity) and mid-00's bands labelled "emo"/"scene" like Taking Back Sunday, Brand New. (This doesn't mean I don't love a lot of American music - I do, I'm talking about mainstream radio rock).

What the fuck :LOL:

(And before "And Muse isn't overly polished/doesn't have plastic-y tracks?": yes they do, but in a different way. But it's obviously a matter of personal preference first and foremost).

However, that live performance wasn't bad at all, probably because it sounded a lot more pleasant without the polished surface. It's hard to get excited about seeing them live when I don't care for their songs.

Try their first three/four albums and then see if you can still say that :LOL: I'd agree that they perhaps sound a bit like that in Only Revolutions, and in a few songs on Opposites... but that's only overly-polished, wouldn't say they sound "plastic-y" at all

I just listened some of the the top tracks Youtube suggested me- which seem to be Biblical, Black Chandelier and Mountains.

I guess it's just a case of sorry, the world is full of music that appeals to me a lot more than anything I've heard by them. I have no desire to get intimately know Biffy Clyro's back catalogue and find it hard to believe it would pay off. Could be my loss, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just listened some of the the top tracks Youtube suggested me- which seem to be Biblical, Black Chandelier and Mountains.

I guess it's just a case of sorry, the world is full of music that appeals to me a lot more than anything I've heard by them. I have no desire to get intimately know Biffy Clyro's back catalogue and find it hard to believe it would pay off. Could be my loss, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It really is your loss because they have songs so much better than those

Try Spanish Radio, Living Is A Problem, Glitter and Trauma, Now The Action Is On Fire

Bear in mind that I couldn't get into Biffy for AGES, and now I love them. That should say quite a bit :LOL:

Although they sometimes find them not as fun loving, Biffy - singer Simon Neil and brothers Ben and James Johnston - say American bands are their main influences.

They added: ''It's kind of funny because we grew up listening to mostly American music and it did have some influence on our sound.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/biffy-clyro-us-bands-too-serious_3533719

What songs have you heard of them to have that opinion? :(

Aside from the ones she mentioned, The Atrocity and Only One Word Comes To Mind...comes to mind.

Tbh after over 200 plays I still find Biffy extremely dull.

Archived