I find Biblical boring so I don't really think that's the one to pick for a first listen. But yes, if they have a big influence in US rock then that will rub off. But songs like Glitter & Trauma or Strung To Your Ribcage (or indeed, Living Is A Problem...) have a lot more going on then a lot of those acts.

I saw a Canadian tweeter who described Biffy Clyro as a mixture of Limp Bizkit and Arctic Monkeys... accurate?

Listening to Spanish Radio for the first time and it's actually not boring. Almost enjoyable at times. :eek:

Amaaaaazing song. One of my favourites out of all the new stuff I've heard this year, so far

I find Biblical boring so I don't really think that's the one to pick for a first listen. But yes, if they have a big influence in US rock then that will rub off. But songs like Glitter & Trauma or Strung To Your Ribcage (or indeed, Living Is A Problem...) have a lot more going on then a lot of those acts.

I saw a Canadian tweeter who described Biffy Clyro as a mixture of Limp Bizkit and Arctic Monkeys... accurate?

I don't like Biblical either.

Dear god no :LOL:

Didn't say I didn't like it but it's not the best from Opposites. Spanish Radio is fun, although I like the hard rush of Modern Magic Formula best from the album.

Oh right, I assumed you did because you found it boring, my bad. Yeah Modern Magic Formula is brilliant. Sounds Like Balloons too

Youtube doesn't have the studio version of Spanish radio, odd. However the other tracks mentioned sound a lot more pleasing to my ears than the songs I listened to. I dare say I kind of liked Living is a problem as a song, although it does sound American&polished as well, but at least a lot more imaginative than the majority of American mall rock :)

(Can't see myself becoming a fan, honestly- but I'll change my stance to "undecided" on them as a whole, but the stuff I first heard I can't say I liked).

You can't force bands onto people over the internet Will. :LOL:

Unless you plan to fly to her house and force her to listen to the entire Biffy back catalogue and even then...

The whole mainstream American thing rings so true about a lot of British bands these days. :noey:

It really kind of surprises me how not liking Biffy is considered weird and whatnot, they seem way too average to get that much love to me :erm: I guess whatever it is that makes so many people like them just isn't getting through to me.

You can't force bands onto people over the internet Will. :LOL:

Unless you plan to fly to her house and force her to listen to the entire Biffy back catalogue and even then...

The whole mainstream American thing rings so true about a lot of British bands these days. :noey:

I wasn't, only saying that listening to those three songs doesn't really showcase them amazingly. SO I RECOMMENDED SOME THAT MIGHT

Oooo, good idea

Yeah it does a bit. Kinda sucks.

I think Biffy are average at best, but they did a fantastic job supporting in 2010. I can't thank them enough for making Muse step up their game at Wembley, especially after that shocking first night.

What was it that was actually bad about the first night?

It really kind of surprises me how not liking Biffy is considered weird and whatnot, they seem way too average to get that much love to me :erm: I guess whatever it is that makes so many people like them just isn't getting through to me.
Indeed. I mean people can like what they want but it just surprises me why so many people here adore them.

Or maybe it doesn't surprise me at all, not sure...

Support acts were awesome.

Lily Allen (who was a bit dippy but at least she can actually sing), The Big Pink (hating ugly Muse fans) and even White Rabbits were alright.

As for the setlist? Soldiers Poem had me in tears. I Belong To You is a BEAST live. Neutron Star Collision is a BEASTIER BEAST live.

What was it that was actually bad about the first night?

It definitely suffers setlist-wise in comparison to the 2nd night. Certainly having Neutron Star Collision instead of both MOTP and MK Ultra, and adding it to Guiding Light and the Feeling Good-Undisclosed-Resistance-Starlight cheese counter isn't help. Although saying that I'd have taken NSC rather than GL.

Anyway, also seems the crowd was flat or uninterested - I think I remember someone saying at the time that there was a fair exodus of people during Nishe.

Still never clicked for me either.

Archived