This is the second straight gig at Staples where Bliss was played... yet Matt still thinks it has never been played there before!:LOL:

I have to say, Unsustaiinable --> Knights is an unreal setlist in itself. I would be happy just with that. the mellow section is great, too. I guess tomorrow is New Born and Map. And probably Resistance instead of Bliss.

EDIT: Here is a taste of what to expect from me on this tour as far as bootlegs go... (Supremacy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-ru9hjFLg&feature=youtu.be

I guess... what could they take out, really?

After six albums, it's just bound to get all greatest hitsey.

Even then, there's STILL singles/hits that are getting removed to slot in more songs from the new record.

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing Starlight and SMBH removed from the set at all (or Animals and LS/SM, tbh...) but if you removed two of the biggest hits in the US, people would be pretty let down.

I saw them for the first time in '10, and if they had skipped KoC, TiRO, PiB or something at that gig, I would have been absolutely depressed.

Short of playing an extra hour, I just feel like they're sort of stuck, as far as setlists go.

I feel like they're just taunting me with Bliss, though, as there's no way it'll still be there in March. :'(

98%

they'll change about 2 songs or add a rarity

I meant the exact same one as SD/LA1, given people have been jokingly saying the entire tour will get the same set.

Given that Bellamy likes playing the US national anthem before Hysteria I daresay that might stay put. So I'm gonna guess MOTP instead of Bliss, New Born instead of Stockholm and possibly USoE or RBS after Explorers.

I'd be very interested to hear what you would remove, that would still satisfy the majority of the fanbase at the show, and not just the few of us here scrutinizing the setlists of shows we didn't even go to, though.

There are songs that maybe not everyone at the gigs know but that 90-95% of the people at the gig would definitely enjoy.

Muscle Museum, Showbiz

Hyper Music, CE

B&H, The Small Print

Take a Bow, Assassin, maybe Hoodoo and City of Delusion

Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra

edit: why "remove"? Who's talking about removing songs?

There are songs that maybe not everyone at the gigs know but that 90-95% of the people at the gig would definitely enjoy.

Muscle Museum, Showbiz

Hyper Music, CE

B&H, The Small Print

Take a Bow, Assassin, maybe Hoodoo and City of Delusion

Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra

edit: why "remove"? Who's talking about removing songs?

I can't disagree with what you said, even if I would nitpick some of your song suggestions.

However, if we're not talking about removing, you didn't fully read my initial post.

My opinion was "it's going to be a bit greatest hitsy" OR "they need to play longer."

You are clearly advocating the latter, and who the hell would argue against that? :LOL:

Not going to happen, though. :(

I can't disagree with what you said, even if I would nitpick some of your song suggestions.

However, if we're not talking about removing, you didn't fully read my initial post.

My opinion was "it's going to be a bit greatest hitsy" OR "they need to play longer."

You are clearly advocating the latter, and who the hell would argue against that? :LOL:

Not going to happen, though. :(

Not really, I'd rather have them rotate songs mantaining a good song-per-album balance. PiB could rotate with Bliss and/or with Hyper Music, for example.

It would still only benefit the vast minority of fans that go to multiple shows, though. I would agree with this for multiple shows played in the same venue, but don't see much how it would help otherwise.

Even already rotating NB/SS, I've already seen SS and would LOVE to see NB, but there's a solid chance it won't happen.

Even though SS is superior live.

And I'll be extrodinarily pissed at whatever replaces Bliss at my show. :LOL: Even if I love the other song.

Sadly, the expense and opportunity cost of my travelling to another show is insurmountable (the next nearest are 6 and 9 hours away, meaning at least 3 days of missed work, and large travel/hotel expenses,) and I think a lot more people are in that boat than not. Or, again, the majority are content with one show.

It would still only benefit the vast minority of fans that go to multiple shows, though. I would agree with this for multiple shows played in the same venue, but don't see much how it would help otherwise.

:erm:

The point is that Muse are just happy to play the same set rotating like 4 of 20 songs while they could rotate much more and still satisfy pretty much everyone.

what Radiohead do

what Radiohead do

As much as a hate Radiohead comparisons I really love how they only have a few staples and rotate practically everything, even some of their biggest songs. You never really know what to expect when you go their gigs. I didn't see any of the songs I wanted when I saw them but I saw a bunch of songs I did not expect to see and was happy for that.

I don't think Muse can reach that level though. For one thing they're lazy and seem to like playing singles all the time. And also looking at the shitstorm that happened when they started rotating Stockholm I would be reluctant to rotate if I were in their shoes.

As much as a hate Radiohead comparisons I really love how they only have a few staples and rotate practically everything, even some of their biggest songs. You never really know what to expect when you go their gigs. I didn't see any of the songs I wanted when I saw them but I saw a bunch of songs I did not expect to see and was happy for that.

I don't think Muse can reach that level though. For one thing they're lazy and seem to like playing singles all the time. And also looking at the shitstorm that happened when they started rotating Stockholm I would be reluctant to rotate if I were in their shoes.

Exactly.

Well they chose to rotate arguably the best live song they have, they're stupid :LOL:

Archived