2012.09.20 - E-Werk, Cologne, Germany

Super Sammy!

It'll also be my 2nd 1live radio concert. First one was Placebo with an (almost) 2 hour long set. I guess Muse will be about the same. No supporters though.

i'm curious about how long their set is going to be. Coldplay also played an 1live radio concert in november 2011, and they played 4 songs less than on their following arena tour.

In my quest to find out if I can get a train home on the same day, I checked my diary. If anyone's interested, the approximate times of the Admiralspalast gig were:

19:30 - doors to the building opened

19:45-20:00 - doors to concert room opened

21:00 - gig was supposted to start

21:15 - gig actually started

22:50 - end of gig

I'm pretty curious what kind of stage design we'll see at the E-Werk. Will it just be some "simple" design with only a few of those colored lights and strobelight stuff, or will they reveal some of the graphics/stage design/background video stuff for their upcoming tour? Or recycle some stage design/light stuff from previous tours?

In my quest to find out if I can get a train home on the same day, I checked my diary. If anyone's interested, the approximate times of the Admiralspalast gig were:

19:30 - doors to the building opened

19:45-20:00 - doors to concert room opened

21:00 - gig was supposted to start

21:15 - gig actually started

22:50 - end of gig

I think it was something like that for Théâtre du Châtelet, except I think I remember that we intially had been told the doors would open at 7 (but I could be wrong) and they actually opened at 7:30-7:45

I'm pretty curious what kind of stage design we'll see at the E-Werk. Will it just be some "simple" design with only a few of those colored lights and strobelight stuff, or will they reveal some of the graphics/stage design/background video stuff for their upcoming tour? Or recycle some stage design/light stuff from previous tours?

I just checked my Admiralspalast pictures, they just had some lights and that's all if I remember correctly. The place was a bit smaller so there wouldn't have been any space for fancy stuff.

My tickets also arrived today. Though expensive, the delivery has very efficient with the UPS guy even phoning me to say he was at the house (phone number given on Ticketmaster site). Now I've got to work out logistics of how to get there. Does anybody know about the car-parking facilities there and if I arrive early, can you gain access to them? I'll be coming from Antwerp so I could hit traffic.

Been around that area once, while being in the audience of a German late night comedy show being recorded around there. There's quite a bit of parking space around the street leading to Schanzenstraße, parallel to the railway tracks. It's specificly reserved for people visiting the "Mediapark" or what it was called, E-Werk is part of it. If you come in good time, you should easily find a parking space there, but I'm not sure if it won't get too crowded in case you're a bit late.

My tickets also arrived today. Though expensive, the delivery has very efficient with the UPS guy even phoning me to say he was at the house (phone number given on Ticketmaster site). Now I've got to work out logistics of how to get there.

THANK YOU for mentioning the UPS guy! This morning a DHL guy brought me an Amazon package and something letter-shaped that I didn't look at closer and just assumed it belonged to the package. I'm so stupid :facepalm:! Because you mentioned the delivery guy, I remembered the letter-shaped thing and checked it - my tickets. \o/

God, Sherlock really would hate me more than Anderson.

Ha, I also still have to find out how to get there. It's a nightmare! Either it's expensive (Damn you, Deutsche Bahn!) or departs earlier/later than my sister (who will accompany me) can afford work-wise.

Thanks for this info. I guess I will have to leave reasonably early to get there and find parking. I really didn't expect to get tickets, so didn't think of the practicalities of getting there. There is no way I will miss this opportunity though. So excited! Expect more questions as this week passes. Thanks.

Don't worry, I'll be happy answering as well as I can. The street with the parking spaces is Carlswerkstraße, btw. You can take a good look on Street View. That's where I'll be parking as well. :)

Here's the inside of the ticketmaster booklet that came with the tickets today. There's an interview with the band.

If you need any help with its translation, just ask me :)

Could you mention some of the main points please? I can't read a word of it. If you can't be bothered I'm sure I can put it through Google translate later.

I must say, this is one of the most encouraging and hope raising interviews by them I've read in a long time.

I can't be bothered translating it right now, but some of the key points are:

• The 2nd Law is the most diverse records they've ever made... or so they say.
  • Trying to focus more on real instruments and less on synthesizers
  • Dom mocks Matt for pictures of him in pyjamas in his garden
  • Matt's embarrassed by paparazzi stalking
  • They want this tour to be more intimate and more about the music than the Resistance Tour
  • Excessive Open Air touring in 2013 - probably with a whole solar system flying above the crowd
  • Now the contract with Warner is up, they might focus on alternate release methods
  • Intentions of doing something minimalistic, acoustic, probably an acoustic club tour

I was going to write an entire translation later anyway. :)

I'm off to volleyball training, see you tonight.

Thanx. Looking forward to it.

I must say, this is one of the most encouraging and hope raising interviews by them I've read in a long time.

• They want this tour to be more intimate and more about the music than the Resistance Tour
  • Excessive Open Air touring in 2013 - probably with a whole solar system flying above the crowd
  • Now the contract with Warner is up, they might focus on alternate release methods
  • Intentions of doing something minimalistic, acoustic, probably an acoustic club tour

Enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Very interesting.:)

You got the key points right. :happy:

But you have simplified two key points a little bit too much. ;)

Actually the interview states that there is a balance between "real instruments" (organische Klänge) and synthesizers /electronic music (technologische /elektronische Musik) in T2L. It sounds similar to what they did with Unsustainable.

In the process of recording they used more "real interments" than in other albums though.

• Intentions of doing something Acoustic, probably an acoustic club tour

He said that it sounds interesting to do it. That doesn't say anything.

You got the key points right. :happy:

But you have simplified two key points a little bit too much. ;)

Actually the interview states that there is a balance between "real instruments" (organische Klänge) and synthesizers /electronic music (technologische /elektronische Musik) in T2L. It sounds similar to what they did with Unsustainable.

In the process of recording they used more "real interments" than in other albums though.

He said that it sounds interesting to do it. That doesn't say much.

Yeah, I might have gotten a little too excited about the last point. Dom stated probably doing something "almost acoustic", though. But hey, a "Muse Acoustic" Tour - how cool would that be? :D

As for the other point, what you're describing is exactly how I meant it, I should have added something like "Compared to their other albums/TR/BHaR", though.

Yeah, I might have gotten a little too excited about the last point. Dom stated probably doing something "almost acoustic", though. But hey, a "Muse Acoustic" Tour - how cool would that be? :D

That would sound great. Muse Unplugged. :supersad:

But the chances that they would do this in near future are pretty low.

Maybe they would play the acoustic versions of Sunburn, Megalomania, Sing for Absolution and Plug in Baby. :eek::awesome:

As for the other point, what you're describing is exactly how I meant it, I should have added something like "Compared to their other albums/TR/BHaR", though.

Your translation was fine. :yesey:

It was only a bit simplified, so I went into the details.

This is probably an incredibly silly question, but just on the off chance, I wondered whether anyone has one ticket for this gig that they no longer need, the reason being that I have been kindly offered a spare ticket but ideally could have done with two.

Thanks anyway. :)

Oh I missed all of this. Sounds very interesting. I'm not quite sure I understand the later clarifications though that Strangeseas posted.

Oh I missed all of this. Sounds very interesting. I'm not quite sure I understand the later clarifications though that Strangeseas posted.

Sorry :$

1. There is a balance between real instruments (orchestra and stuff) and electronic music in T2L.

Comparable to Unsustainable. It sounds like the musical concept of the album. (The bold part is my own thought.)

2. The chances for a acoustic club tour in near future are pretty low.

Matt was asked, if he potentially would do an acoustic club tour. Matt said it was an interesting idea. Nothing more. (I think it was just a playful question from the interviewer.)

Sorry for the irritations I caused.

Sorry :$

1. There is a balance between real instruments (orchestra ans stuff) and electronic music in T2L.

Comparable to Unsustainable. It sounds like the musical concept of the album. (The bold part is my own thought.)

2. The chances for a acoustic club tour in near future are pretty low.

Matt was asked, if he potentially would do a acoustic club tour. Matt said it was an interesting idea. Nothing more. (I think it was just a playful question from the interviewer.)

Sorry for the irritations I caused.

No irritation at all! Thanks for explaining. :)

Archived