2012.09.20 - E-Werk, Cologne, Germany

Super Sammy!

€50 for a ticket is really expensive. I know it's a small venue and I don't know how much this venue usually charges, but compared to the €30 to see them at Théâtre du Châtelet in 2009, that's a bit ridiculous.

It's a bit of a contrast from the approach they took for the BH&R launch gig at Shepherds Bush, when they gave all the tickets away.

Still can't believe I got a pair that time!

Who said 50?????. It is 59€ + delivery charges. (And minimum ticketmaster to ship outside germany is 19€!) Hopefully there will be an e-ticket.

Pasted from ticketmaster page:

Stehplatz

59.00 EUR (price w/o delivery fee)

Our prices include VAT and ticket and booking charges. A delivery charge may be added on the Checkout Page.

Who said 50?????. It is 59€ + delivery charges. (And minimum ticketmaster to ship outside germany is 19€!) Hopefully there will be an e-ticket.

Stehplatz

Our prices include VAT and ticket and booking charges. A delivery charge may be added on the Checkout Page.

It says 50 euros in muse.mu news, so I don't know. Ticketmaster ripping everyone off as usual perhaps. I wonder if there will be another way to buy tickets.

Looks to me that it is exclusive to ticketmaster:

Muse

Liebe Ticketmaster-Freunde,

noch bevor die großartigen MUSE im November nach München und im Dezember nach Hamburg kommen, spielen die Briten eine exklusive Club-Show im Kölner E-Werk, um ihr kommendes Studioalbum „The 2nd Law“ zu präsentieren.

Deine Tickets für die Club-Show von MUSE in Köln kannst Du Dir HIER exklusiv ab Dienstag, den 11.09. (10:00 Uhr) sichern!

Termin:

20.09.2012 Köln - E-Werk

Viel Spaß bei MUSE!

Dein Ticketmaster-Team

It says 50 euros in muse.mu news, so I don't know. Ticketmaster ripping everyone off as usual perhaps. I wonder if there will be another way to buy tickets.

It's a bit of a contrast from the approach they took for the BH&R launch gig at Shepherds Bush, when they gave all the tickets away.

Still can't believe I got a pair that time!

And I don't like this new approach.

Stehplatz

Wow. :stunned: Glad I wasn't planning on going because it really is a rip off. For those going, I really hope the gig is going to be great.

And I don't like this new approach.

Wow. :stunned: Glad I wasn't planning on going because it really is a rip off. For those going, I really hope the gig is going to be great.

Not a rip off at all to see Muse in that kind of setting, playing their first gig of the promotion with brand new songs. Ticketmaster are annoying but there you go.

I still think it is going to be a nightmare securing tickets. I hope not, but probably will be.

It might be the first gig but it's a promotionnal one, it's not really part of the tour. So appart from paying what the venue charges and the roadies, there's no heavy expenses regarding visual effects, lights and such. That's why I think such a price is a bit too expensive.

ha classic.

hai guise, pay €60 for arena gig cause we need to pay for towers

hai guise pay €60 for small gig cause yolo.

Did I just use yolo, oh god. I blame bellamy :fear:

How dare you use yolo? :pope:

I should report you for this.

It might be the first gig but it's a promotionnal one, it's not really part of the tour. So appart from paying what the venue charges and the roadies, there's no heavy expenses regarding visual effects, lights and such. That's why I think such a price is a bit too expensive.

I get your point, but, I suppose it also depends on what people are willing to pay for it. For me it would be more than worth it. :)

I get your point, but, I suppose it also depends on what people are willing to pay for it. For me it would be more than worth it. :)

This reasoning is dangerous: look at what people are ready to pay on ebay when they're desperate and have no other choice but to buy from a tout. And what about those who have small incomes? (Popular) music should never become a luxury product.

so spank me :phu:

You wish. :phu:

:eyebrows:

This reasoning is dangerous: look at what people are ready to pay on ebay when they're desperate and have no other choice but to buy from a tout. And what about those who have small incomes? (Popular) music should never become a luxury product.

It's a special gig. I would never buy from a tout or ebay, but I'm happy to pay extra for something special. Yeah tough that it prices some people out, but it's not as if it's a public service, like health. Attending music gigs, those of successful artists, is already a luxury.

Yeah small gig aimed at hardcore fanbase (I assume, right?) who have most likely already bought their ticket(s) costing a whooping €70 for the already announced shows. Of course they want to see their favourite band in a small venue but if the reasoning is 'well they'll be willing to pay a high price so let's ask a high price :awesome:' then that pisses me off big time :phu:

Yeah small gig aimed at hardcore fanbase (I assume, right?) who have most likely already bought their ticket(s) costing a whooping €70 for the already announced shows. Of course they want to see their favourite band in a small venue but if the reasoning is 'well they'll be willing to pay a high price so let's ask a high price :awesome:' then that pisses me off big time :phu:

I concur.

Archived