Hooray for employment!!

Just started looking at new gear I might buy with my first paycheque (paycheck for americans).

I would like (in no particular order):

Silvertone 1484 or similar

A tele + mods

EHX POG2

EHX Cathedral Reverb

EHX Superego

Malekko Delay

An old RCA Tube Radio amp to work on

Random 212 Cab

Some sort of external soundcard

2 x Korg KP2s

a QuNeo Controller

Akai APC40

some random monitors

a case of Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Finish

#fuckyeahfriday

Hooray for employment!!

Just started looking at new gear I might buy with my first paycheque (paycheck for americans).

I would like (in no particular order):

Define Tension's new album

Silvertone 1484 or similar

A tele + mods

EHX POG2

EHX Cathedral Reverb

EHX Superego

Malekko Delay

An old RCA Tube Radio amp to work on

Random 212 Cab

Some sort of external soundcard

2 x Korg KP2s

a QuNeo Controller

Akai APC40

some random monitors

a case of Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Finish

#fuckyeahfriday

Fixed

Spent about an hour talking to James, managing director of Diago today, as I bought a Power Station and I've been having a couple of problems with it. Really nice guy, has some pretty cool ideas and knows his stuff. Willing to help out with anything you're having a problem with, or taking other suggestions on board too or whatever. Really cool guy anyway, great service. Just trying to iron out these issues I'm having with the product and then I'll be happy. Seems promising though.

By the way, were we still doing those 'videos of your gear' things? I've got a new camera set up so it'd be a lot easier to do it now, but I don't know if anyone would be interested or not. I might consider making one at some point. Whether to wait for the custom or not though? Hmmm...Speaking of which, I should have some wood photos soon apparently...

Nah, it's not that, I'm sure of it. Originally the problem was the Whammy DT. It didn't like that. Now there's some quieter hum coming from the first few pedals but I'm not sure why, so I've emailed him to try and find out. I'll test them individually later. If I plug the guitar straight into the Whammy, there's no hum, but include the Z.Vex pedals and Polytune before it and the hum returns, even though they were fine when those were the only things that were being powered. Now there's some hum as it's powering the EHX pedals too. Shouldn't be a problem, but I just want to get it resolved. Maybe one of them needs isolating or something, who knows.

I've got a few days off next week so I could make a video of what I've got so far if you'd like? Then show the custom off when I get that or something...

I'm sure he already mentioned this, but what's the current draw of all the pedals you have running off it? The whammy IV alone was more than what my power supply could handle

and that sounds good to me.

The Power Station can handle up to 3000mA. The Whammy DT only takes 288mA so that wouldn't be a problem, but it caused hum anyway, so I took that out. Otherwise it's just 4 EHX pedals, which are standard 100ma-200ma, 3 Zvex pedals, which are about 3-4ma each, and the Polytune. I'll test the first few individually in a bit, and try and find out where it's coming from.

I might have some time later this week to make a video rundown of what I've got then. Expect it to be way too long and include lots of hesitant talking as I try to remember what I was going to say.

I tried a Boss CS-3 today with a Fret King strat and a Roland Cube. Unbelievable tone :eek: I am unquestionably getting the Boss though, it adds SO much to the natural tone of the guitar. With heavy distortion with the comp the sound could be from any guitar but once the comp was on it was pure Strat tone :happy: I won't be getting money for awhile as I have to buy an external hard drive but.....

Soon.jpg

Archived