Just recovered from Reading and the many fires/exploding tents I had to put out. But shocking gear revelation of the weekend was Robert Smith uses Roland Cubes as his amp of choice. :eek:

Yes! I was meaning to say this. He had like 4 Cube 30s :LOL:

As I noticed I was thinking that his tone was pretty bad :facepalm:

:eek:

Where were you camped in Reading then?

I was camped in white, as this is where the campsite assistants were all based. You?

Yes! I was meaning to say this. He had like 4 Cube 30s :LOL:

As I noticed I was thinking that his tone was pretty bad :facepalm:

I suspect a lot of the hearing bad toan would be due to you noticing he was playing cubes. As he mainly played clean rhythm with some chorus/phase it sounded fine to me.

The Cure are from Crawley

I get my hair cut in Crawley. Bangin'

Please tell me you get the smith back-comb. :LOL:

BS, still need to draw a diagram of your setup to get a proper sense of it.

Good advice on the silent cable, purchased :D

yeah I think that was probably the best bit, gonna get some too

Glad it was useful to someone! I aimed this mainly at KnT really, hence the handful of references to Muse songs to demonstrate a point, but it's the first time I'd done something like this, so I could do more general videos focusing on individual things in future maybe...

Crazybobbles, at the moment, it's basically...

Guitar -> Polytune -> Wah Probe -> Fuzz Probe -> Fuzz Factory -> Whammy -> Dickinson -> Amp

Then the effects loop...

Amp -> Volume Pedal -> Freeze -> Delay -> Phaser -> Tremolo -> Kaoss -> Loop Station

And back to the amp...However, the video really reminded me how great the cleans are on that amp without the Loop Station in there...Not sure about the Kaoss, I'll have to test that...I definitely noticed a change when I get the Loop Station though...Maybe when I get the GR-55, I'll set it up so that that goes into the Loop Station - it still gives me all the options I want, but it's digital anyway and made by the same people so audio quality should be the same, and have my normal guitar signal going straight from the Tremolo/Kaoss into the amp (depending if there's a big difference with KP or not)...I'll need to wait until I get the GR-55 to fiddle around with it a bit more, but I definitely want those cleans back when I'm not using the digital things in the effects loop, and the Loop Station is mainly intended for use with the GR-55 anyway. I'll have to give it some thought when I get that far...

The videos were actually very informative. Were they originally longer than that?!

Either way, I'm going to do one of mine today... it's nothing compared to yours, though :(

I cut a few minutes from the end of the Whammy part - I randomly tried out the potential of actually going 3 octaves up or 4 octaves down using both parts but needless to say, it sounded like shit, so I cut it out. Otherwise, what you see is what you get...My camera only records 20 minute videos though and I can only upload 15 minute videos to YouTube so it took a bit of cutting and editing, that's all...I might do a "1 video per piece of equipment" type thing next time if people think it's worth it...Maybe when I have the custom too...

I really need to see them...But they're not playing in Britain at all this year, and I'm only going to be in the UK until July or August next year then I'm off to Japan...I'll be gutted if I miss them...They're right at the top of my bands to see list...

Too far away, too expensive, too much hassle, just to see a festival set from one band...I'd rather wait and see them at their own show...They'll have to do a full non-festival tour at some point...I'll wait for that...Just hope the timing of it isn't too awkward...We'll see...

That's how I imagine your face most of the time haha

and I did dedicate it to you after all. The world (or at least this board) needs more people like you

Seriously :ninja:

:awesome:

But that will fuel Dom's conspiracy more into thinking I'm sucking you off :chuckle:

Archived