nice!! A bit flashy for my taste but I bet it plays well. Are you playing a lot of bass then? Must have been quite an investment!

Didn't think that would be flashy (especially compared to some of their other work!) and not really (especially since I no longer have that squier) but I'm sure it will get a fair bit of use. Got an amp sorted out too, just need a speaker cabinet

Not sure what to look for though. The amp is 150 watts, so it doesn't have to have a super high power rating anyway (or at least I don't think it will)

Spent a particularly boring lecture earlier drawing out my entire planned pedalboard layout for when I get back, making sure I could remember how it was all meant to be wired and so on, haha! Took a bit of figuring out - I'd forgotten how confusing it was at times, haha! All sorted though - another productive class done. :rolleyes:

Spent a particularly boring lecture earlier drawing out my entire planned pedalboard layout for when I get back, making sure I could remember how it was all meant to be wired and so on, haha! Took a bit of figuring out - I'd forgotten how confusing it was at times, haha! All sorted though - another productive class done. :rolleyes:

What are you changing exactly?

what's the head?

If you have a spare graphic EQ roll off everything below 50Hz and you'll get more headroom. Either that or the "SFX Thumpinator"

custom build by the guy who works on my amps. Would 150 watts lack a lot of headroom? I could always request extra valves or something, but didn't see the need for it in this case.

150 watt all valve head?!? I would have thought you'll be fine! Get a huge 8 x 10

Yeah, I just thought you were saying that about the headroom because of the amp. I was thinking of getting one of those Orange 4x10s anyway, but I'm looking into something with two different size speakers (10 and 15)

Here's what the amp is going to have anyway. Should be pretty cool

150 watts valve

3 band EQ

mid sweep

high/low compression controls

internal fuzz circuit with tone and blend control

There are still a few details to be confirmed, but that's basically it. I'm undecided about an effects loop at the moment

What are you changing exactly?

Not much. Replacing the phaser and tremolo pedals, and adding a couple of Strymons. It gets a bit confusing in some parts where I've kind of got a loop within a loop within a loop though, so I'd partly forgotten how I was going to have it all set up, hence I spent some time in class figuring it all out again. I'll probably be getting the Fuzz Factory 7 and replacing my Vexter too, so I've got a few pedals that I could do with selling at some point if anyone wants them. As authentically owned and played by Bs himself :ohmy:.

Not much. Replacing the phaser and tremolo pedals, and adding a couple of Strymons. It gets a bit confusing in some parts where I've kind of got a loop within a loop within a loop though, so I'd partly forgotten how I was going to have it all set up, hence I spent some time in class figuring it all out again. I'll probably be getting the Fuzz Factory 7 and replacing my Vexter too, so I've got a few pedals that I could do with selling at some point if anyone wants them. As authentically owned and played by Bs himself :ohmy:.

:ohmy: I hope they include a COA signed (not printed) by Bs himself

What other pedals do you plan to sell? Sort of interested in the FF 7 as well. That was the one with the super special transistors wasn't it?

edit: $599!

:ohmy: I hope they include a COA signed (not printed) by Bs himself

What other pedals do you plan to sell? Sort of interested in the FF 7 as well. That was the one with the super special transistors wasn't it?

edit: $599!

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too. "Wow, I can't wait for the FF7, it's going to be so coo-HOW MUCH?!!!!" I reckon I'll probably still end up getting it in the end though, mainly for the extra tonal options, and extra footswitch, which I'd find pretty useful. Price is a massive pain in the arse though, but with how much I've spent on everything else, I probably can't complain very much.

Pedals that I'll be getting rid of will be EHX Small Stone phaser, EHX Stereo Pulsar tremolo, and Z.Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory. Ideally I'd like to get most of the money I paid for them back, because I'm going to need it a lot over the next year. This isn't the selling thread obviously, but if anyone's interested...haha! I also have a bunch of pedal power supplies and some spare cables that can probably go as well to be honest.

I can include a COA if you want! :LOL:

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too. "Wow, I can't wait for the FF7, it's going to be so coo-HOW MUCH?!!!!" I reckon I'll probably still end up getting it in the end though, mainly for the extra tonal options, and extra footswitch, which I'd find pretty useful. Price is a massive pain in the arse though, but with how much I've spent on everything else, I probably can't complain very much.

Pedals that I'll be getting rid of will be EHX Small Stone phaser, EHX Stereo Pulsar tremolo, and Z.Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory. Ideally I'd like to get most of the money I paid for them back, because I'm going to need it a lot over the next year. This isn't the selling thread obviously, but if anyone's interested...haha! I also have a bunch of pedal power supplies and some spare cables that can probably go as well to be honest.

I can include a COA if you want! :LOL:

I'm tempted to get one, but I don't know if it's worth it. It doesn't sound THAT different from the regular FF, but then it has more options and it lights up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SWpIhSijqA

maybe a little more usable if anything

I might have the tremolo since mine is broken. Will have to look into it a bit more though

The FF7 just sounds a bit fuller and crunchier to me, with the option of setting up two sounds rather than one which I quite like. I tend to have my amp set up more for treble and higher mids, because the lower notes come through louder anyway, so it means on something like the Fuzz Factory, it's hard to get some of the lower tones, because the amps affecting the balance, but the Fuzz Factory 7 has more control over the kind of pitch and resonance you're working with, so I can have the sounds I want from the pedal without having to compromise my amp sound. I did just end up with a compromise I liked in the end, but it would be nice to have the extra options I think.

And cool, let me know about the pedals and stuff if you're interested. :)

:LOL: The Henry Kaiser demo? It wasn't the SDD-3000, though, so you weren't going to get The Edge toanz anyway.

Denmark street was fun. Loads of guitars and pedalols that are 35% cheaper to buy stateside :LOL: I did see some really cool stuff, though: 1965 Oly White Jazzmaster, Lovetone Big Cheese and a room full of quirky '60s guitars in Hank's (all overpriced) and got to play a couple of guitars I've been wanting to check out in Wunjo (Guild Aristocrat RI and a White Falcon), as well as demo a Walrus Audio Jupiter fuzz that rocked.

Staff were really great in Wunjo, it just wasn't worth it to buy anything there. Sry guys.

:LOL: The Henry Kaiser demo? It wasn't the SDD-3000, though, so you weren't going to get The Edge toanz anyway.

Denmark street was fun. Loads of guitars and pedalols that are 35% cheaper to buy stateside :LOL: I did see some really cool stuff, though: 1965 Oly White Jazzmaster, Lovetone Big Cheese and a room full of quirky '60s guitars in Hank's (all overpriced) and got to play a couple of guitars I've been wanting to check out in Wunjo (Guild Aristocrat RI and a White Falcon), as well as demo a Walrus Audio Jupiter fuzz that rocked.

Staff were really great in Wunjo, it just wasn't worth it to buy anything there. Sry guys.

I guess it can be compared to Henry Kaiser, but with less crystal lattice

Did you play the jazzmaster? I can't remember a shop called Hank's with anything like that, but then I just went to all the shops and didn't pay attention to what they were called.

edit: Weird, I must have missed that one. Is it on the same strip as the rest of the guitar shops? I recall there were a few shops further up, but I didn't really see anything of interest

And yeah definitely. I bought my PRS knockoff inspired guitar from them, and I thought they gave me a pretty good price. There was one on the UK ebay at the time for £500 more, and I've not really seen any in the US.

You could've at least bought one of those fluffy guitar straps. I forgot who makes them, but they're pretty inexpensive and not available in the US

I guess it can be compared to Henry Kaiser, but with less crystal lattice

Did you play the jazzmaster? I can't remember a shop called Hank's with anything like that, but then I just went to all the shops and didn't pay attention to what they were called.

edit: Weird, I must have missed that one. Is it on the same strip as the rest of the guitar shops? I recall there were a few shops further up, but I didn't really see anything of interest

And yeah definitely. I bought my PRS knockoff inspired guitar from them, and I thought they gave me a pretty good price. There was one on the UK ebay at the time for £500 more, and I've not really seen any in the US.

You could've at least bought one of those fluffy guitar straps. I forgot who makes them, but they're pretty inexpensive and not available in the US

:LOL: teh lettuce

No, it was behind glass. I don't think they would've let me :( Hank's is like the last one on the same side as Wunjo.

:LOL: teh lettuce

No, it was behind glass. I don't think they would've let me :( Hank's is like the last one on the same side as Wunjo.

I thought you were the jazzmaster wizard though. Surprised they didn't take it out the moment you walked in

And I think I did go to that one actually, but only for a few seconds as the one right next to it caught my attention. Did you go to V&R guitars?

Archived