What kind of music video for Survival?

holdenc

Imo Survival needs a music video in order to fully meet its potential, and I'm sure there'll be one too since it's the official olympic games song...

So, what kind of vid would be cool? Something like KoC with a rather humorous approach, or something more 'serious', eg athletes in slo mo while MUSE and the choir descend from heaven? There's that one short clip where Micheal Phelps is roaring and showing off his muscular torso to the song.. that was pretty cool..

I have to say that previously I haven't been enjoying MUSE's videos so much (except New Born and Undisclosed Desires), but I hope that Survival will break the bank.

Sorry if there's a thread similar to this already in the universe.

Boris Johnson miming over the lyrics while sprinting towards Stratford tube station in a velour tracksuit, then realising there are severe delays/cancellations and changing his route to head for the nearest replacement bus service, which is also running late, so he steals a Boris bike off someone that eventually breaks down so he thinks 'Fuck this shit, I'll walk'. And then two replacement buses go by in the moment Matt launches into his final falsetto wail. /endvid

There's that one short clip where Micheal Phelps is roaring and showing off his muscular torso to the song.. that was pretty cool..

To be honest, I think that short little clip we saw will end up being the official video with other clips from athletes in the Olympics.

Boris Johnson miming over the lyrics while sprinting towards Stratford tube station in a velour tracksuit, then realising there are severe delays/cancellations and changing his route to head for the nearest replacement bus service, which is also running late, so he steals a Boris bike off someone that eventually breaks down so he thinks 'Fuck this shit, I'll walk'. And then two replacement buses go by in the moment Matt launches into his final falsetto wail. /endvid

:LOL:

If they really are going all out for the Olympics Closing Ceremony, they might just want to film a live video of the event. After all, how often do you get the chance to play the Olympics...

There'll obviously be a pro-shot of it but I doubt there'd be a live stream.

There'll obviously be a pro-shot of it but I doubt there'd be a live stream.

I phrased it wrong, I meant like a live performance video. Something like Resistance or MotP. I don't particularly care for those types of videos but I just figured based on the rumors of how Muse might perform it live with all the Olympic embellishments; that it might be a worthy video to say the least.

In terms of the first proper music video to come from TSL, I'd imagine that would be reserved for the first proper single which releases in August.

I phrased it wrong, I meant like a live performance video. Something like Resistance or MotP. I don't particularly care for those types of videos but I just figured based on the rumors of how Muse might perform it live with all the Olympic embellishments; that it might be a worthy video to say the least.

In terms of the first proper music video to come from TSL, I'd imagine that would be reserved for the first proper single which releases in August.

I don't know what you're on about. You mean a pro-shot of them performing Survival at the Olympics? I've already said that'll happen.

I don't know what you're on about. You mean a pro-shot of them performing Survival at the Olympics? I've already said that'll happen.

To me at least, a pro-shot video like the ones we get every year at Christmas time (Citizen Erased, Mk Ultra) are different from a music video of a live performance. In this case I'm referring to the music video for the song Resistance that was filmed in Spain.

To me at least, a pro-shot video like the ones we get every year at Christmas time (Citizen Erased, Mk Ultra) are different from a music video of a live performance. In this case I'm referring to the music video for the song Resistance that was filmed in Spain.

But then you referenced MOTP which never had a music video :erm: Also, Resistance's music video is footage from Seattle, I do believe.

Anyway, it's highly likely that the music video for Survival will be the montage of athletes and previous Olympic games that we've already seen. A music video of a live performance is just the same footage as the pro-shot with the actual song's audio instead of the live audio so why would they feel the need to release both when they already have a music video for the song?

But then you referenced MOTP which never had a music video :erm: Also, Resistance's music video is footage from Seattle, I do believe.

Anyway, it's highly likely that the music video for Survival will be the montage of athletes and previous Olympic games that we've already seen. A music video of a live performance is just the same footage as the pro-shot with the actual song's audio instead of the live audio so why would they feel the need to release both when they already have a music video for the song?

No, I was trying to say that I think Survival will only get whatever they film at the Olympics for a video and the first official single (not Survival) will get a proper video i.e. one shot on a sound stage.

And I referenced MotP b/c as far as I was aware, the video they shot of them performing it in a green screen sound stage was released officially (so that fans could edit whatever they wanted into the video if they knew how to)...I was only trying to distinguish between those types of videos and pro shot videos of events like Reeding/ Leeds or Glastonbury and such.

No, I was trying to say that I think Survival will only get whatever they film at the Olympics for a video and the first official single (not Survival) will get a proper video i.e. one shot on a sound stage.

And I referenced MotP b/c as far as I was aware, the video they shot of them performing it in a green screen sound stage was released officially (so that fans could edit whatever they wanted into the video if they knew how to)...I was only trying to distinguish between those types of videos and pro shot videos of events like Reeding/ Leeds or Glastonbury and such.

I know that's what you were originally trying to say and I told you that the music video for Survival is probably the Olympics montage we've already seen, not footage of them performing it at the Olympics.

Also, I was pretty sure that MOTP video was a live performance on a TV show.

Archived