How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Sorry folks, people have different opinions and tastes. Shocking isn't it!? :LOL:

Anyway it's trivial. Overall I completely adore the song. :D

No but really. How is it unnecessary to shout "I'M GONNA WIIIIIN" in chest but not unnecessary to do the same thing but an octave higher in falsetto? I don't get what makes the two cases different :LOL:

If he sung the last note an octave lower he would sing 'im gonna win' all the same note.
I still don't get it. The "Yes I'm gonna" is a lot lower than G#4, so no he wouldn't sing it all the same note. He would still bring it up for the "WIIIIIN".

I still don't get it. The "Yes I'm gonna" is a lot lower than G#4, so no he wouldn't sing it all the same note. He would still bring it up for the "WIIIIIN".

We are talking about the last 4 notes yeh? Wait a sec imma listen again

Edit: nope, definitely the same. I even checked on the piano. He would have to go higher after the 2nd chorus but at the end he sings the same note

Or just do a Stockholm Syndrome and go "AND I'M GONNA WI-" before going into a heavy riff and leaving the mic.

Yup, I don't think there's much doubt there. More uncertain about whether he'll do the G#5 or not. He's avoided easier notes before, having TaB and Megalomania in fresh memory. But it'll be so obvious for all unless he wraps it in a high-pitched guitar and choir.

No but really. How is it unnecessary to shout "I'M GONNA WIIIIIN" in chest but not unnecessary to do the same thing but an octave higher in falsetto? I don't get what makes the two cases different :LOL:

They sound different and the end note is more striking and unconventional, thus imo plays a bigger part in the song. To me the other note is more shouty. But it really isn't worth getting vexed over.

We are talking about the last 4 notes yeh? Wait a sec imma listen again

Edit: nope, definitely the same. I even checked on the piano. He would have to go higher after the 2nd chorus but at the end he sings the same note

I still have no idea what you are talking about. And I don't get where people get the verse and chorus stuff from, because the song only really has verses. Unless you count the "I'm gonna WIIIIIN" as the chorus, in which case the second chorus would be the Eb5 at 2.55. And in either case, the "I'm gonna" is at the same pitch both at 2.55 and the end.

The first "I'm gonna win" is a chest Bb4, the second one is a falsetto Eb5 and the final one is a falsetto G#5.

But anyway, what would be the problem with singing it all on the same note? He does it on the Bb4, so I don't see the problem with him doing it on the final note.

It's probably the single moment in a Muse song that makes me the most embarrassed of being a Muse fan :LOL:

It's very cringeworthy :LOL:. I'm loving the song more and more with each listen, especially the fat riffs and pretty much all the instrumental bits. That last bit that rises towards the climax is great, and while the fatality falsetto is funny and very much of the bombastic Muse repertoire, it's still a bit embarrassing to hear it, lol. It's surely not his highest note ever, like Dom claimed? Showbiz is out of the stratosphere!

As to the Closing Ceremony, anything short of a full choir and orchestra with Prelude would be a fail, imo :p. It's a huge song to close a huge event - the greatest show on earth, apparently. You can't play it down with just the song alone (however crazy it is) and no real choir. It should close the Closing, imo. It'd be perfect for it.

Of course, Matt won't hit the same final note - he'll make it much lower, but I think he'll have a go, which is something.

Is there an award for being even more annyoing than the most annoying muser of the year?

Favourite Muser. :p

It's very cringeworthy :LOL:. I'm loving the song more and more with each listen, especially the fat riffs and pretty much all the instrumental bits. That last bit that rises towards the climax is great, and while the fatality falsetto is funny and very much of the bombastic Muse repertoire, it's still a bit embarrassing to hear it, lol. It's surely not his highest note ever, like Dom claimed? Showbiz is out of the stratosphere!

As to the Closing Ceremony, anything short of a full choir and orchestra with Prelude would be a fail, imo :p. It's a huge song to close a huge event - the greatest show on earth, apparently. You can't play it down with just the song alone (however crazy it is) and no real choir. It should close the Closing, imo. It'd be perfect for it.

Of course, Matt won't hit the same final note - he'll make it much lower, but I think he'll have a go, which is something.

Favourite Muser. :p

Why the font?

That last bit that rises towards the climax is great, and while the fatality falsetto is funny and very much of the bombastic Muse repertoire, it's still a bit embarrassing to hear it, lol. It's surely not his highest note ever, like Dom claimed? Showbiz is out of the stratosphere!

It's the same note as Showbiz, but not his highest note ever.

Either he'll do it, which he can, or he will wimp out as usual and do a lower note.

Archived