Will "The 2nd Law" be Muse's 2nd to last album?

xXabombXx

Will Muse call it quits after album number 7?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Will Muse call it quits after album number 7?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't decide

Muse is required/planning to release seven albums, or so I've heard. Does this mean The 2nd Law will be their second to last album? How long will Muse continue to write and preform new material? After all, they have been around for quite some time and they are becoming an "older" band. What are your opinions on this matter? How many albums will they make? Is this thread a pointless waste of time because it's to early to decide?

I guess it's impossible to tell from this point in time. I imagine that it's a possibility, but then, with each album selling consistently high amounts it's hard to imagine them quitting if the demand is there. 7 is a nice number to finish on, so I wouldn't be distraught if that's where they decided to end it. Better to go out with a bang than draw it out until they start releasing rubbish.

I highly doubt it, they're probably not quite at the peak of their career yet, I'd say they'll probably go into more mainstream pop type first... That said, isn't the Twilight series finishing this year? :LOL:

I believe it is ending. But those things (Twilight) never seem to really die out in this day and age. And if they do, they are replaced. On another note, many people seem to agree that they have or should tone down their preformances as Muse "isn't 20 years old" anymore. Just as long as they end on a strong note I'm happy. No 40 year old Dom solo album, no sell-out album, no more teen movies and we are good.

Bands like U2, The Rolling Stones etc. have shown that bands can keep going. I imagine they have a 'The Killers' situation where they say to the fans that they are going away for a few years but will be back eventually then at that time Matt will probably release a solo album, Chris will keeping playing in his band and Dom is probably join a super group or something. Then a few years down the line they comeback and release a new album and tour etc.

Who knows? I sincerely hope not! I'd like to see them continue and have a long, successful career. This is a band who want to be as big as U2, they're getting there but it's still a little way off.

I think they enjoy what they do far too much to stop, we may just see longer gaps between albums as Matt and Chris have families now so will want to enjoy that before the kids get too old.

I think there is almost no chance of them breaking up after this album, I'm pretty sure that they're contracted for another album after The Second Law. They also wouldn't tour every year if they were thinking of taking a break I think, I'm pretty sure the band have said they have no plans to slow down at the moment too.

They are still young. They've still got at least another 20 years of making new stuff age wise if they wanted to. I don't think they will consider splitting especially since they seem to be such good friends and enjoy what they do, plus they have never shown any signs of ending before :)

Isn't that 2 more albums contract with Waner? Perhaps they'll make Helium 3 an independent label after that and sign a new contract under H3?

I would love that to happen. I remember rumors of going for an independent label until Matt signed with WMG again.

I would love that to happen. I remember rumors of going for an independent label until Matt signed with WMG again.

But now H3 seems to be their main label. The trailer has it on the credits thing at the end instead of warner.

Perhaps they're waiting for enough money to fund it. The Divine Comedy set-up their own label but jumped in too quickly so now Neil Hannon (who basically is The Divine Comedy) can't afford the big orchestral songs and concerts he is associated with.

Can't see this being the end, really. They seem to enjoy it, and there is far too much money to be made... However, it would be embarrassing to see them all at 50-60 jumping about stage to Plug In Baby...

I think a few more albums, but when they hit a certain age, I think they'll start a new sort of project, rather than completely split up... Can't see them being sort of space-rock or whatever until they're grey.

I guess it's impossible to tell from this point in time. I imagine that it's a possibility, but then, with each album selling consistently high amounts it's hard to imagine them quitting if the demand is there. 7 is a nice number to finish on, so I wouldn't be distraught if that's where they decided to end it. Better to go out with a bang than draw it out until they start releasing rubbish.

I think this happened for most people on here when Absolution came out... :LOL:

I see nothing whatsoever to suggest Muse can't go on for years yet.

Just because they're contracted to Warner for another couple of albums, that's in indicative of their career coming to a close. Matt's voice is still sublime and spot on live 99.99% of the time, the R&L shows were as energetic as Muse have been in the last 10 years and their albums haven't yet, to me, decreased significantly in quality. They're still making damn good music.

Also, they're a really tightly-knit bunch, particularly with Tom involved too. I can't see them falling out. They've got over issues in the past such as the crazy drink and drug fuelled touring and Chris' alcoholism, there's evidently little in their way.

They've got years to go yet.

Didn't this same discussion come up for the last album?

I remember the "should muse split up" thread at least.

That was a way to wind people up and wasn't exactly speculating over whether they would call it a day when their contract with Warner was over. :erm:

Archived