I don't know if I said this already, but I think writing fanfic and Belldom are all fine, as long as that person realizes,"Hey,this will never actually happen, it's a joke." But of course, if those things are out of line, like bad Belldom things or fanfics, and that's just wrong. There's a point where doing these things obsessively is really weird and probably you should be looked at for mental issues.

There is nothing wrong with going to 9 gigs. If anything that should make the band happy. Simple economics. If you want to buy all their albums, singles, dvds, eps, posters, shirts, you are obsessed but once again you aren't: a) creepy, b) freaking out the band. You are making them money. Once you start waiting for them outside hotels, studios, homes, then you start being weird. You are infringing on their private lives and you stop being beneficial to the band. As long as you keep your Muse "fandom" private (I don't mean only to yourself, you can discuss with your friends. You know what I mean) then their is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

/thread.

:ninja:

to come back to jdeboer's question 'didn't you expect that?'. I doubt Will would think that his 5 second appearance on screen would result in girls trying to figure out where you go to school and adding your friends on facebook.

It was 5 seconds? I wouldn't know. I've never seen any of the movies. I've never even read any of the books.

It was 5 seconds? I wouldn't know. I've never seen any of the movies. I've never even read any of the books.

Well I' exaggerating of course, voldemort does appear more than 5 seconds but still no where near as much as Harry and co. And still doesn't mean he would expect random fangirls to add his friends on facebook though..

Well I' exaggerating of course, voldemort does appear more than 5 seconds but still no where near as much as Harry and co. And still doesn't mean he would expect random fangirls to add his friends on facebook though..

I honestly have no idea what the nature of the part he played was. If it was a speaking part, and his character was integral to the plot of the movie, then yea, weirdos who are obsessed with HP will remember him and do weird shit. :LOL: If it was just a tiny part in the movie, it just goes to show how obsessed some people are with HP.

No I believe the correct answer is that it just goes to show how obsesses people are with 'celebrities' and how they use this celebrity culture to be nosy, inconsiderate, selfish twats.

Well, I think that's a very simplified answer. I think it's more complex than that. We should ask why tabloids exist in the first place. I do believe that "celebrity culture" is celebrated by movie producers. The more exposure their "star" has, the more draw they'll have at the box office. The more stars get their mug plastered over the tabloids, the more it promotes their "brand". Some movie stars do a fine job staying out of the tabloids. Now how and why is that?

You know, it can go the other way around too. Some celebrities use their fame to do obnoxious shit like make political statements (which they must have quite the ego to believe their opinion matters, AND which more than often makes them look like idiots). Some also expect special treatment -- and believe they deserve it. (i.e. Beyonce taking up an entire floor of the hospital where she gave birth)

There is nothing wrong with going to 9 gigs. If anything that should make the band happy. Simple economics. If you want to buy all their albums, singles, dvds, eps, posters, shirts, you are obsessed but once again you aren't: a) creepy, b) freaking out the band. You are making them money. Once you start waiting for them outside hotels, studios, homes, then you start being weird. You are infringing on their private lives and you stop being beneficial to the band. As long as you keep your Muse "fandom" private (I don't mean only to yourself, you can discuss with your friends. You know what I mean) then their is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

/thread.

:yesey:

If I could afford it and they went to Seattle 9 times during a tour, you better believe I'd go 9 times :LOL:

:yesey:

If I could afford it and they went to Seattle 9 times during a tour, you better believe I'd go 9 times :LOL:

Meh. I'd much rather go once and shell out for front row seats or early entry into the venue then see a band 9 times from the back of the crowd. :)

Meh. I'd much rather go once and shell out for front row seats or early entry into the venue then see a band 9 times from the back of the crowd. :)

Oh, good point! Now that you've said that, yeah, I think I'd rather do that too. Especially 'cause I'm only 5'3" and can't see through people.

You can get to the barrier at a gig without having to pay for early entry or anything like that :p

Also, being seated during a Muse gig = :noey:

Well, I think that's a very simplified answer. I think it's more complex than that. We should ask why tabloids exist in the first place. I do believe that "celebrity culture" is celebrated by movie producers. The more exposure their "star" has, the more draw they'll have at the box office. The more stars get their mug plastered over the tabloids, the more it promotes their "brand". Some movie stars do a fine job staying out of the tabloids. Now how and why is that?

You know, it can go the other way around too. Some celebrities use their fame to do obnoxious shit like make political statements (which they must have quite the ego to believe their opinion matters, AND which more than often makes them look like idiots). Some also expect special treatment -- and believe they deserve it. (i.e. Beyonce taking up an entire floor of the hospital where she gave birth)

The essence :p

I guess that's because we feel entitled to know everything about the life actors/singers/etc. I don't know why some don't appear in the tabloids as much, maybe they always take the back door, don't live in places with a lot of celebrities or don't go to high profile parties.

And I honestly don't think that pictures of someone walking their dog or drinking a cup of coffee is good for their 'brand'. And I also don't see how people can find this interesting.

Sure people use their fame for other things. Difference is that they chose this. It's everyones right to speak up for a political party so yeah, it is easier if you already have a platform. I still don't see how this justifies being harassed in your 'off stage' life.

Did she? Sounds like another one of those 'insides information tells us' stories. Seeing how high profile she is I can't blame for for trying to buy some privacy when you have to squeeze out a tiny human from your vagina. There were probably quite a lot of people trying to have a peep. She wouldn't have to do this if people would respect this private moment in the first place.

And yes of course there are the people like Paris Hilton who live for exposure and seek it out.

Really? I've never gone to a concert so I don't know anything about this stuff :LOL:

S'not too hard really, just be there as the gates/doors open then make your way through the people to the front, there are usually a fair few paths and gaps between the people already there.

However, if you really do struggle to see over people at concerts, I'd suggest paying for seated tickets. I was 5'11" at the gig I went to in 2010 and I could only just see.

Really? I've never gone to a concert so I don't know anything about this stuff :LOL:

Yeah, enlighten me.

It only involves queueing from 10 am, depending on the location of the concert.

For barrier / first couple of rows this is.

If you want to go more to the front make sure to approach the stage from the side.

You can get to the barrier at a gig without having to pay for early entry or anything like that :p

Also, being seated during a Muse gig = :noey:

I'm too old now to battle my way to the barrier. Lol

Nobody actually sits in their seat!

I honestly have no idea what the nature of the part he played was. If it was a speaking part, and his character was integral to the plot of the movie, then yea, weirdos who are obsessed with HP will remember him and do weird shit. :LOL: If it was just a tiny part in the movie, it just goes to show how obsessed some people are with HP.

Is someone going to put her out of her misery? Will?

I'm too old now to battle my way to the barrier. Lol

Nobody actually sits in their seat!

I understand, I put my uncle through torture by making him go to the barrier at Leeds Fest last year :LOL: Still, it just can't be the same being away from the main crowd :(

Anyway, another thing I've found with fanboys/girls is how defensive they get of the band, as if they were family or in a relationship with them. For example:

"Damn, Matt's voice was a bit off during that performance."

"OMG SHUT UP DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY MAFFOO, HE IS PERFECT, I WILL FIND YOU AND *insert expletive threats here*"

That's pretty creepy if you ask me.

I understand, I put my uncle through torture by making him go to the barrier at Leeds Fest last year :LOL: Still, it just can't be the same being away from the main crowd :(

Anyway, another thing I've found with fanboys/girls is how defensive they get of the band, as if they were family or in a relationship with them. For example:

"Damn, Matt's voice was a bit off during that performance."

"OMG SHUT UP DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY MAFFOO, HE IS PERFECT, I WILL FIND YOU AND *insert expletive threats here*"

That's pretty creepy if you ask me.

If you ever get tired of that come here :LOL: theres no where with the perfect balance to be honest :rolleyes:

Archived