As far as crying at live shows goes, I got a bit choked up during What's He Building and Screenager at Leeds 2011 but I've never actually shed a tear. I might if Muscle Museum got played though, not gonna lie :chuckle:

I don't think that makes someone a fanboy/girl though.

MAYbe. Perhaps I'm just not a fan of any of the other big "popular" bands like Coldplay and U2 or whatever. Are their fanbases as crazy, like with memes and shit? And fanfic? I just don't know.

Radioheadlol, well sure. Bunch of fucking fruitcakes.

Edit: I mean, that answers the questions of why there might be a higher percentage of wackos, but I'm still not sure why they draw me in so much, as opposed to other bands. I'm not sure why I care so much.

I have been wondering about this too. I tried to become a proper Coldplay fan when Muse were recording the album and .mu was really quiet. So I tried to follow Coldplaying forum. I missed the sexy planes we have here when Muse is on tour and thought Coldplay fans probably have the same kind of thing there. It turned out they don't. And even though there are always a lot of people online on the Coldplaying forums, I thought the conversations they had there were completely uninteresting. At first I thought it was because I was not big enough a Coldplay fan, but no, I actually think that forum is pretty lame compared to this. Everyone were being so friendly, civilized - and bland. So my experience is that Muse fans and Coldplay fans are different, I have no idea why though.

They have a fanfic thread on Coldplaying forum though :LOL:

I have been wondering about this too. I tried to become a proper Coldplay fan when Muse were recording the album and .mu was really quiet. So I tried to follow Coldplaying forum. I missed the sexy planes we have here when Muse is on tour and thought Coldplay fans probably have the same kind of thing there. It turned out they don't. And even though there are always a lot of people online on the Coldplaying forums, I thought the conversations they had there were completely uninteresting. At first I thought it was because I was not big enough a Coldplay fan, but no, I actually think that forum is pretty lame compared to this. Everyone were being so friendly, civilized - and bland. So my experience is that Muse fans and Coldplay fans are different, I have no idea why though.

They have a fanfic thread on Coldplaying forum though :LOL:

:LOL: Hey everybody! Come over to the Muse forum where your opinion doesn't matter and everyone's an asshat! :awesome:

This thread's a little ridiculous in the fact that some of you are criticising fangirls when you're close to as bad as they are :facepalm:

Basically, there's a stupidly fine line between being respectful, maintaining the fact they have a right to their privacy, and being downright invasive/creepy. People have different boundaries when it comes to this kind of thing, but to me, anything that involves going to places they are, waiting for them at airports and studios is really invasive, whether they mind or not.

It's the same with interwebs too. Fanfics about them is creepy as fuck to me, they're real people and it'd creep anyone out to have that stuff said about you. And I honestly don't get why people follow everyone to do with the band and jump on any tweets or pictures that get put out by people. I mean, I literally follow the band's twitter, Matt, Dom, Chris and Kirk. "i needz it fr info" is bullshit, you're just being a nosy twerp and trying to make yourself a part of someone elses life, imo.

The Kate hate was vile and I think anyone who participated/participates in it should be shot.

JC-1.jpg

There's a difference between being creepy and being a fangirl. For example, the person who made the painting of a naked Matt is creepy. Waiting a few hours with a chance of meeting the people you really admire isn't creepy at all (no one has really waited 15 hours have they??).

Slamming other people for what music they like is just plain rude.

Anyway, fangirls gonna fangirl and it sounds like there's probably nothing that will make you understand why.

No, it's creepy. Using the fact that you "admire them" to excuse it doesn't make it any less creepy.

I mean, I literally follow the band's twitter, Matt, Dom, Chris and Kirk. "i needz it fr info" is bullshit, you're just being a nosy twerp and trying to make yourself a part of someone elses life, imo.

One thing I'd like to point out though.

If you have a public twitter account, regardless of if you're famous or not, you really have no right to complain if people end up being nosy and invasive.

One thing I'd like to point out though.

If you have a public twitter account, regardless of if you're famous or not, you really have no right to complain if people end up being nosy and invasive.

What, so for example, I've no right to complain about the crazy Potter fans that find out the schools I went to and add me and my friends on facebook?

Maybe you're right in the band's case, but there are things called manners, and respect...

What, so for example, I've no right to complain about the crazy Potter fans that find out the schools I went to and add me and my friends on facebook?

Maybe you're right in the band's case, but there are things called manners, and respect...

Were you in Harry Potter?

Ya but Twitter is a public social site. Crazy mofos come with the territory.

OK, no right to complain is a bit harsh. But you can always privatize your tweets if you want. If someone posted naked pictures of themselves and then complained when people were using it as fap mateial... there's still some fault to the poster. Even if I somehow became famous I have no public material online whatsoever with my real name and information. If we're talking about fanfiction and waiting at their hotels that's something different, but in a site like Twitter they choose to broadcast themselves online.

It doesn't make the creepy fangirls and obsessives any more in the clear. It's still over the line, it's still disrespectful to privacy, but they're there. The band I'm sure knew what they were getting into before making their accounts or they wouldn't have done it at all.

Question. And I honestly don't mean this in a nasty way at all. But, didn't you know what you were getting yourself into becoming an actor in the first place? And taking a part in such a highly successful movie series? I agree that the media and obsessive whackos eat celebrities alive, but no one forces them into the spotlight.

Or do they is some cases? :unsure:

Archived