james90

This link you'll see in the related bit all the different names this pedal is called but it's still the same pedal.

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/zenta/fuzzwah/6tr

I do love vintage fuzz pedals and this pedal is on the more rare side. the value would depend on the condition and if it's working or not. I think the fuzz circuit is essentially the same as the "Univox Super Fuzz" (one of the best fuzzes out there, in my opinion) which of course go for a lot of money, if you can find one. I wouldn't sell it though.

Yeah, its the Zenta one on the list. I'll try get it working. The things you aren't even aware you have!

That is a very nice setup. I want more of the guitar and bass pedlols.

Cheers. Here's clearer shot of my board

7454224430_2713fcc160_z.jpg

The only real things of note I guess are that I've modded the DS-1 from stock so it sounds much fatter and is much more usable now, the Marshall delay is used for the reverse setting and goes into the front end of the amp (Memory Man, tremolo and Phase90 are in the loop) and the standard Crybaby there has been temporarily replaced with a 95Q because it was making some odd buzzing sounds.

Our bass player is running a Boss bass overdrive, a flanger and an octaver and is also in charge of triggering our video projections with the homemade MIDI switch (the wooden board).

nice

do you still have that les paul DC? and how are you finding the TH30?

Yeah still got the DC, the switch is a bit dodgy at the moment so it's the only one I've not been keeping with me at uni at the moment. Had a couple of weeks back home recently though and managed to record a fairly beasty cover for the KnT Factor thing with it. It's a really great guitar. The TH30 is fantastic too, I tend to use it with the gain set fairly low but the power switching means I can run the volume nice and high pretty much anywhere and get some really awesome crunch out of it and on the couple of occasions that I've needed a more saturated sound it stays so clear and dynamic even with the gain turned way up. I definitely prefer it over my old DSL50 if only because it's so much simpler to use and easier to dial in tones. Also, although I don't tend to use the clean channel at all, I did get a chance to crank it up in the studio the other day and it sounded great, proper AC/DC style tones - needless to say I'll definitely be doing that again at the next opportunity!

Nice, what's the clean channel like (when clean)? not sure if it's similar to the rocker 30, which is supposed to be very clean and have no coloration...it's a little dark sounding, but nice otherwise.

Heavy_D, I dedicate this post to you. Because even the most br00tal of the br00tal can't resist a fine piece of figured maple...

IMG_0907.jpg

Gil Yaron is a great luthier, his recent 335 was amazing.

Cant help but think that his attention to historic detail is a bit over the top though. Impressive, yes, but a bit over the top.

Better than Gibson's Various Odd Specs guitars. If I had to choose between a re-issuse and a Yaron I know what I'd go for in an instant.

I'm not a huge fan of that '59 tone though, it would be amazing to have, a piece of history even though unoriginal. Wonder how much they'd fetch fifty years from now against real re-issues. Wish I was employed and could convince him to make me one.

Edited by ChrisirhC

Heavy_D, I dedicate this post to you. Because even the most br00tal of the br00tal can't resist a fine piece of figured maple...

IMG_0907.jpg

:eek::awesome: do love.

Also, strung that westfield strat up and remembered what i was missing not having a strat so i'll have to get around to getting a new neck for the old tobacco burst body i have lying around.

Nice, what's the clean channel like (when clean)? not sure if it's similar to the rocker 30, which is supposed to be very clean and have no coloration...it's a little dark sounding, but nice otherwise.

Not really used the clean channel that much to be honest either live or in the studio and to my ear it could do with a bit of softening up with some reverb but that could just be because I'm used to running everything through a slight crunch which gets a bit compressed naturally. Would be willing to do a demo at some point though as a lot of the ones that exist seem to focus on the high gain side of things which to my mind completely mis-sells the amp as there's much more to it than that. Need to have a bash on a Rocker 30 as well though out of interest.

Gil Yaron is a great luthier, his recent 335 was amazing.

Cant help but think that his attention to historic detail is a bit over the top though. Impressive, yes, but a bit over the top.

Oh yeah? Check out Ken McKay

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/mckaynewarrivals

Or for something vintage-flavored, but more unique and badass, the Gustavsson Bluesmaster:

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/gustavsson

Body_on_chair_5.jpg

P1030688.jpg

p4_uw3g4b4jo_so.jpg

GustavssonBluesmaster59008.jpg

I'm just not a fan of the JG guitars. My pick for the LP olympics is Pete Skermetta. Pete's stuff is awesome. Take a look at his R-300 setneck, as well as his snakehead Telecasters. The sound like an LP, in fact EXACTLY like an LP should sound, but he's fixed all the tuning and playability issues that most people complain about, and for a good price.

Pete's a great guy to deal with, he's presently refretting my 1986 '62 Reissue Strat. I'm redoing the electronics with a new set of Suhr ML Standard singles. I really can't wait to get it all together, it hasn't been a regular Strat since around 1992, that's when it got it's first set of new pickups. Pete's putting Jescar 6105 style stainless steel frets on it, just like on my Suhr customs. It will rule.

JT

I'm just not a fan of the JG guitars. My pick for the LP olympics is Pete Skermetta. Pete's stuff is awesome. Take a look at his R-300 setneck, as well as his snakehead Telecasters. The sound like an LP, in fact EXACTLY like an LP should sound, but he's fixed all the tuning and playability issues that most people complain about, and for a good price.

Pete's a great guy to deal with, he's presently refretting my 1986 '62 Reissue Strat. I'm redoing the electronics with a new set of Suhr ML Standard singles. I really can't wait to get it all together, it hasn't been a regular Strat since around 1992, that's when it got it's first set of new pickups. Pete's putting Jescar 6105 style stainless steel frets on it, just like on my Suhr customs. It will rule.

JT

The blue one? What are the suhr single coils like? I only tried the DSH+ humbucker which was a great all around pickup, but a little too mid heavy for what I was looking for... even in that basswood strat

As for LPs, I've never really looked into the luthier made ones to be honest... I'm fine with my tokai though. Plays better than pretty much every modern gibson I've owned.

The ONE thing that bothers me about those replicas is that some builders put the gibson and les paul logos on the headstock. I suppose they're not trying to pass it off as the real thing like those chinese ebay sellers are, but still...

Yep, my blue one. I'm even using the original pickguard and shielding plate. I'm probably more stoked about getting this guitar up and working than I was about my Suhr's. Pete's frets are flawless. He was the masterbuilder at Tyler guitars for seven years and everyone gushes about the Tyler necks, Pete's that good.

The DSH+ is my dream humbucker in a Alder guitar. Basswood might be a little too "midrangy". The ML are the Mike Landau signature single coils. John's singles are amazing, even better than his humbuckers. His time at Fender made him a flat out savant with single coil pups. The reason that Jim Tyler now makes his own pickups is because so many of his customers were requesting Suhr pickups in their Tyler guitars that Jim finally got fed up with it and started winding his own. Most of those requests were for the Suhr singles.

I have the V60LP in my teal Suhr and the ML's in my red one. I like them both, I've chosen the ML's because they have a touch more output and midrange, but it's a pretty subtle difference.

JT

Hi Olly

IMG_0910.jpg

This afternoon I am attempting to learn QOTSA and Kyuss songs properly...and failing

Also, this is mainly aimed at Crowella since he seems to know about these...

does queensland maple look like mahogany at all? I'm trying to figure out what the sides of this guitar are made of...the top and back appear to be maple of some sort, but the sides are a darker mahogany-colored wood.

Not sure if it's blackwood, but it might be...

Fuck your encores I got a westfield.

21062012564.jpg

Tis a friends, hes had it about 18 yrs and has neglected it terribly since getting a JEM. Looks like its been sitting in direct sunlight for a few yrs, you can see just on the underside of the knobs what the white was like. I've gave it a good seeing to, gona get some strings on it and have some single coil fun for a while.

Edit: Ignore the ghastly sticker, I wud remove it but its been on from day one so the pickguard will be white as fuck under it, ahwell.

I've got a Westfield. Same one as yours except its black. I don't really like it. I'm trying to get rid of it :p. I play it in Drop D.