james90

181809_467128339982880_1710964170_n.jpg

283696_467083009987413_1457635979_n.jpg

Couple of pics of the setup for a gig we played tonight. Not pictured are the pools of water forming near my pedalboard because of the rain coming through holes in the roof. Only in Wales would this pass for summer weather.

Edited by Raurie

Ah nice! What do you think of the Wah? It was my first pedal, but I sold it because it confused me :facepalm: What kind of sweep has it got? Is it really wide? I'm looking for something really wide and with bite atm.

Its a fantastic wah :) you can adjust the sweep with the middle knob, and the knob on the left changes what wah it models - Crybaby and Vox included. It also has a UniVibe model so it can give very Gilmour-esque sounds too :)

There's some distortion in it too (controlled by the left knob) but I rarely use it :)

Its a fantastic wah :) you can adjust the sweep with the middle knob, and the knob on the left changes what wah it models - Crybaby and Vox included. It also has a UniVibe model so it can give very Gilmour-esque sounds too :)

There's some distortion in it too (controlled by the left knob) but I rarely use it :)

Ok that's pretty much put it on my GAS list.

Couple of pics of the setup for a gig we played tonight. Not pictured are the pools of water forming near my pedalboard because of the rain coming through holes in the roof. Only in Wales would this pass for summer weather.

That is a very nice setup. I want more of the guitar and bass pedlols.

nice

do you still have that les paul DC? and how are you finding the TH30?

NEIL

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

gut pics soon... the screws that hold the chassis in are stripped :facepalm:

also, that is the reverb tank in the 3rd picture. that's where the ghosts come from.

i saw a matching control knob on ebay the other day, so i might get that for it if it's still there. no idea what i'll do about a head cab, since the particle board on this one has disintegrated a bit

finished the strat (temporarily) as well...new pickguard (they sent me a plain white one instead of tortoise shell) new saddles, new bridge block, and strap locks so i can plug in baby while spinning

2010_Fender_Standard_Stratocaster_HSS.jpg

just need to get the hooglebug neck for it.

finished the strat (temporarily) as well...new pickguard (they sent me a plain white one instead of tortoise shell) new saddles, new bridge block, and strap locks so i can plug in baby while spinning

2010_Fender_Standard_Stratocaster_HSS.jpg

just need to get the hooglebug neck for it.

Omg, dat finish. I never thought much of strats, but recently I've really been taking notice of them.

was that the one you posted earlier? looks nice, but it will probably sound nothing like a strat

but i suppose that pickup configuration is davedot approved

Actually I'm going back to HSH as soon as I can. The mini-humbucker doesn't sound nice at all. I'm gonna custom wind a super powerful singlecoil soon.

HEY JAMES!!!

1484 for pedlol? Seems legit :LOL:

sure

except you want a 1485, not a 1484 :(

actually, i recall the 1485 i had was much cleaner sounding than this amp...which would make sense, but then why would jack white use it?

it wasn't much louder either. i had the matching cabinet for it with the six 10" speakers, and it really didn't put out much volume.

I just want the toanz. If i had any of the silvertone series with a similar amp typology to the 1485, i'd be happy. fortunately, the 1484 and 1485 are nearly identical typology.

and cabinet shmabinet. I'd go get a cheap 2x12 and live with that.

Also came across an old Fuzz Wah my dad got back in the early/mid 70s. Anyone know what kind it is?

Looks like an old Shin-ei 6-TR fuzz wah. I think these were under the name "Apollo" or "Mayfair" but it's still shin-ei. I would kill for that pedal.

Looks like an old Shin-ei 6-TR fuzz wah. I think these were under the name "Apollo" or "Mayfair" but it's still shin-ei. I would kill for that pedal.

I googled it and it looks like the same makers at the very least anyway. It says 'ZENTA' on the side that would face you when using it if that helps any?

Is it worth money or something? or do you just like it because its old? haha

I've not even had a chance to use it yet. Its not working but i reckon its just the battery. If I get it working, I'll try do a sound sample.

Edited by StandYourGround
edited because of my appalling grammar

I googled it and it looks like the same makers at the very least anyway. It says 'ZENTA' on the side that would face you when using it if that helps any?

Is it worth money or something? or do you just like it because its old? haha

I've not even had a chance to use it yet. Its not working but i reckon its just the battery. If I get it working, I'll try do a sound sample.

This link you'll see in the related bit all the different names this pedal is called but it's still the same pedal.

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/zenta/fuzzwah/6tr

I do love vintage fuzz pedals and this pedal is on the more rare side. the value would depend on the condition and if it's working or not. I think the fuzz circuit is essentially the same as the "Univox Super Fuzz" (one of the best fuzzes out there, in my opinion) which of course go for a lot of money, if you can find one. I wouldn't sell it though.