GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

Almost bought one of those last year :LOL:

James, I sort of want a Deluxe, but I've only ever seen them with the maple neck as well....just doesn't seem right.

i'm pretty sure it depends on the year. some of them also had that weird multi piece body.

there are newer deluxes from the early 00's which were standard LP spec

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-Goldtop-2005-NO-RESERVE-/130729450320

i heard the one matt was using in the video was a '72. not sure what features that would have.

Yeah, I've seen it. Not sure if it would be cool looking in actuality

I dunno I think it looks decent, obviously if I get a jazz first then decide to mod it I can actually try it out properly first so may decide to keep it as it is in the end!

Aesthetically I think it looks fine

I think it would better with creme covers and cream hardware.

I'm not huge on cremey cream stuff. I mean I like it, but this would have to be my main guitar for years apart from Reject so I'd wanna be as close to 100% happy with it as possible

I'm not huge on cremey cream stuff. I mean I like it, but this would have to be my main guitar for years apart from Reject so I'd wanna be as close to 100% happy with it as possible

The cream is most likely me subconsciously trying to make it more vintage as I consider the Jazzmaster shape to be a classic, vintage shape. I think that's what happened with my strat.:LOL:

The cream is most likely me subconsciously trying to make it more vintage as I consider the Jazzmaster shape to be a classic, vintage shape. I think that's what happened with my strat.:LOL:

HIPSTER nobody wants you here go wank off to Instagram

amidoinitrite?

Probably because its summer, but I'm reeeeeally in the mood to put together another partscaster. Not that I need another one, as my girlfriend is so quick to remind me, but its more that I have the urge to spec it out/put it together/finish it etc. Even if I sell it afterwards just to fund the project, I really fancy doing one.

But I'm torn between getting one of those cheap Telecaster kits and making it beautiful, or putting together a Jaguar/Jazzmaster of some description. A nice one though (my apologies Jimbo, but your gaudy ones turn me off somewhat).

Probably because its summer, but I'm reeeeeally in the mood to put together another partscaster. Not that I need another one, as my girlfriend is so quick to remind me, but its more that I have the urge to spec it out/put it together/finish it etc. Even if I sell it afterwards just to fund the project, I really fancy doing one.

But I'm torn between getting one of those cheap Telecaster kits and making it beautiful, or putting together a Jaguar/Jazzmaster of some description. A nice one though (my apologies Jimbo, but your gaudy ones turn me off somewhat).

For a moment there I thought you were dissing my jazzmaster ideas, then I realised that's stupid because mine are fucking gorgeous

But srsly, ditch girlfriend, acquire guitars

Since it looks like James isn't selling his Stealth :( made a mockup

It's not quite what I picture in my head, which looks lush, and to get the blacks black I adjusted the contrast so much it looks retarded, but

B3Ohz.png

EDIT: It's the burst that looks off in that for me

and maybe the hardware/bridge

and the fact it's gloss. Fuck gloss

Archived