What would you say is the craziest best live show that MUSE has done?

Cjaister

Just some personal favourites of newer shows: Madrid 2009 has a great MK Ultra, Uprising and USoE. Those are audio only but are professional recordings. Shepherd's Bush has imo the best Starlight and SMBH. Showbiz at Reading 2006, KoC at Fuji Rock 2010... Many more but it's a start.

Well, if I'd say, I'd better choose the shows which I've been to and experienced...sadly I can think of none. All of the gigs I went to were pretty much well-calculated and certainly not crazy. :(

But maybe what the above postes have said^

As nobody has mentioned it yet (I think): Euro rock Belfort 2000.

Oxegen 2011 was odd when dom arrived at the intro dressed up as gaga smoking a pipe in under pants and then matt turning up in a space bubble raincoat and opening with PIB.

You can say that!! That was a real "wtf" moment!

Reading 2002. I suppose it wasn't that crazy but...

It was during what was the best era of the band, in my opinion. First time I'd seen them live, I was in love with the Hullabaloo set and the Dead Star/In Your World double a-side, and I couldn't have been more excited about the gig and the bands future.

New Born opened and it started pissing down with rain, but it added to the atmosphere. They then went straight into an early version of The Small Print. It blew me away, I became obsessed with the song until it's release. It probably never matched the version I heard that night, but then it'd become almost mythical how good it was in my head in the build up to Absolution!

They also played Eternally Missed (Rusty One on the bootlegs) and a few other surprises...the best of which was the SS riff - with added metallic instrumental riffs - which came out of nowhere. So for me it was crazy, as I got to see songs that I loved with little updates - e.g. Matt jazzing up the Dead Star riff, or him playing the second bridge to Muscle Museum as on record for the first time in ages - and I also got to hear a load of new songs for the first time.

What a gig!

Archived