American Idol!

jamminguitar

So I was watching American Idol on tv, and guess who's in the audience? Matt and Kate! I was like :eek: But you know what really made me mad? Ryan Seacrest (the host) was all excited about having Kate in the audience, but not once did he acknowledge Matt. :rolleyes: It's a singing show, you'd think he'd mention SOMETHING about the lead singer of a band as big as Muse. Just thought I'd throw this out there :p

What exactly happened? Was it just a lingering pan' date=' or were they interviewed at all, or what?[/quote']

no, no interview, just mentioning Kate Hudson there & panned to them in the nosebleeds.

But just a few minutes ago, Randy namedropped Muse (along w/ RH & LykkeLi) in a critique!

I'm new here, FYI. I signed up because I wanted to post about that. I don't read all the latest news and didn't know Kate and Matt were dating, but was taken aback when they panned to Kate and didn't mention the lead singer of Muse! WHAT?!? I rewound it to make sure I wasn't seeing things. hehe Adam Lambert did a Muse song a few years back even. I'm glad Randy threw the name drop out there later though.

Randy Jackson name dropped Muse after some guy sang Smells Like Teen Spirit

Edit: Beaten to it. :erm:

I knooowwwww!!! I was flipping out. And then Randy mentioned something about Muse taking risks with their music. I thought he was going to say something about Matt being there, but I guess not.....

(Beaten to it. Damn.)

Ok, first of all, Randy probably only dropped the name because Matt was in the audience. Why else would a pop show in the States mention Muse? Secondly, I don't think Ryan, of all people, needs to acknowledge him. Shallow people associate with shallow people, and Matt doesn't need to be brought into that. Probably the third time I've said this, but poor Kate for being dragged into that.

Edit: Oh yea, I forgot to comment on this... what the hell is someone doin' singing SLTS on American Idol? You're not gonna sing for the coolest band if you start out on a freakin pop show! Start a band if you want to live that dream, not sing on a bloody pop show!

Ok, first of all, Randy probably only dropped the name because Matt was in the audience. Why else would a pop show in the States mention Muse? Secondly, I don't think Ryan, of all people, needs to acknowledge him. Shallow people associate with shallow people, and Matt doesn't need to be brought into that. Probably the third time I've said this, but poor Kate for being dragged into that.

I got the impression that she rather enjoyed it really. :chuckle:

Archived