Muse win at the GRAMMYs!

KirkBot

Major CONGRATULATIONS guys!!!!! I knew in the back of my mind that they'd win one this time! :musesign::party::dance: :dance: :chris::matt::dom::matt::dom::chris::thumbsup::dance:

- I've heard a lot about them recording their next album this summer! - Of course, the media do twist and make up a lot of stuff, but I've read quite a few articles - fingers crossed!

I'm 99.9% sure he's joking! :D

mannn i hope so!

Still, he seemed quite serious when he said "yes" to whether or not him being a dad would influence the next album... and then to immediately talk of lullabyes, joking or not... i definitely think the next album is going to lack in the rock department :stunned:

/wrong thread for this disussion XD

mannn i hope so!

Still, he seemed quite serious when he said "yes" to whether or not him being a dad would influence the next album... and then to immediately talk of lullabyes, joking or not... i definitely think the next album is going to lack in the rock department :stunned:

/wrong thread for this disussion XD

Of course him becoming a dad is going to influence the album, something as major as that can't help but change his life, which, in turn, will affect the music he writes. Just as a general statement, anything that happens to him will end up in the music in some form or another.

But, that said, I thought that from the vid the lullaby thing was obviously a joke - remember when he said that The Resistance would be classical? It was the same sort of tone, i think...

Well, he was very probably joking, but he only said he's going to put a lullaby on the next album, not that he's making an entire album of lullabies :p

Songwriters and composers borrow from just about everywhere. If her does write a lullaby it's going to be the coolest one ever written.

Every body worried when Martin Gore was listening to Disney tunes with his daughter in the 1990s. Everything's gonna be alright. His daughter Viva ended up really liking MCR. Though she really ought to be into Muse...just sayin'

What if he does write a children's album? with string orchestra...that would be kinda cool.

Here's another article from a more fan-based perspective... yep, I wrote it.

http://www.examiner.com/album-reviews-in-national/muse-wins-grammy-for-best-rock-album-it-s-about-time

I'm amused by the lack of guile in most of the musician acceptance speeches as opposed to the Academy Awards where they pop a prepared speech out and read it or have rehearsed or something. You ought to see the pre-telecast ceremony. The whole thing is a hot mess compared to the televised portion they've rehearsed. It looks like a high school awards ceremony. You can find bits on Grammy.com or Youtube.

They ought to thank Mum and Dad...But I <3 Dom for thanking the fans again.

Am I the only one that is a little bit nervous? I mean it seems that the general consensus on this board is that TR wasn't as good as their earlier work.

A Grammy win would send them a message that they should keep doing what they did to achieve the award, AKA be more accessible.

Just my two cents

:LOL:

Matt ALWAYS does some sort of weird hand gesture/symbol during "Uprising". It's supposed to represent opening the third eye or something. :p

+1

...but to answer the question above(@fauz_qama), they are in general against these kind of stuff (Matt is talking A LOT about it in interviews, actually he uses every possible chance to talk about it :chuckle:)

Archived