y did they discontinue them!! really beats me, yeh they have the kp3 out but y discontinue the kp2

cunts :mad:

because it happens. the KP got discontinued when the KP@ came out. the AVT marshall seires got discontinued when the AVTx series was released. the DSL and TSL / JCM series got discontinued when the JVM series came out. it's all improvements.

I've been through far too many overdrive pedals :LOL: What kind of sound do you want?

Also, Traynors are fucking FANTASTIC amplifiers.

YES

Anyway, how does the Dr. Z sound? I know we've talked about the loudness/headroom etc stuff, but what does it sound like?

YES

Anyway, how does the Dr. Z sound? I know we've talked about the loudness/headroom etc stuff, but what does it sound like?

In response to your previous question, a little more. The 38 just 'breathes' a little more.

The amp.. oh god, what an amp. Let me start off talking about the 'cut' knob, which I can only describe as a tone knob for the output tubes. The full spectrum of this knob can take you from Blackface Fender territory, through to AC30 country, then kicked out at the Marshall end, it's really.. so.. SO versatile. For such a SIMPLE amp it can do so much stuff, each knob is VITALLY important, If I had everything at 12 o clock, then moved the treble to the right slightly, mids to the left slightly, COMPLETELY Different tone. In terms of what it does.. Well, the cleans are ..amazing. Think of Jazz cleans, but not just the bold, rounded tone. It has all this 'hair' about it, theres swirling overtones, which is really.. odd, but incredible to hear. It sparkles but it's not icepicky in the SLIGHTEST, it's 'warm' but not whoophy. When you kick it in the overdrivey kind area, dependent on the cut knob, it can do throaty, angsty sounding AC30 on 10 kinda tone, through bitey ear shredding Fender+OD tone, to Plexi-Esque kinda, brown sound, for want of a better description. When we really get this thing cooking, it's REALLY marshally, but like.. the epitome of Marshall, in a good sense. Just that.. creamy (I know), saturated, hairy .. I.. I just cant describe it, it's perfect. It MAKES you want to play, the cut and bite of it is just amazing. Best amp I've EVER played, hands down. The last amp I'll need, and you know me James, that's odd coming from me!

Try one, seriously!

And Jonnno, look at MI Audio Crunchbox or Fulltone OCD (Or the Fulldrive) for that kind of tone, I reckon?

In response to your previous question, a little more. The 38 just 'breathes' a little more.

The amp.. oh god, what an amp. Let me start off talking about the 'cut' knob, which I can only describe as a tone knob for the output tubes. The full spectrum of this knob can take you from Blackface Fender territory, through to AC30 country, then kicked out at the Marshall end, it's really.. so.. SO versatile. For such a SIMPLE amp it can do so much stuff, each knob is VITALLY important, If I had everything at 12 o clock, then moved the treble to the right slightly, mids to the left slightly, COMPLETELY Different tone. In terms of what it does.. Well, the cleans are ..amazing. Think of Jazz cleans, but not just the bold, rounded tone. It has all this 'hair' about it, theres swirling overtones, which is really.. odd, but incredible to hear. It sparkles but it's not icepicky in the SLIGHTEST, it's 'warm' but not whoophy. When you kick it in the overdrivey kind area, dependent on the cut knob, it can do throaty, angsty sounding AC30 on 10 kinda tone, through bitey ear shredding Fender+OD tone, to Plexi-Esque kinda, brown sound, for want of a better description. When we really get this thing cooking, it's REALLY marshally, but like.. the epitome of Marshall, in a good sense. Just that.. creamy (I know), saturated, hairy .. I.. I just cant describe it, it's perfect. It MAKES you want to play, the cut and bite of it is just amazing. Best amp I've EVER played, hands down. The last amp I'll need, and you know me James, that's odd coming from me!

Try one, seriously!

Wow, I'm going to look at one of these. I saw a KT45 the other day, but didn't get to try it. (I think that one is a JTM45 style amp)

And Jonnno, look at MI Audio Crunchbox or Fulltone OCD (Or the Fulldrive) for that kind of tone, I reckon?

Yeah I was thinking the MI too, it looks good and it's cheap too! I think they're made in Sydney so thats pretty cool I reckon.

no they aren't.

Need I put 'In my opinion' at the end of everything? Tone boils down to opinion and you know that, there's no need to reply like that. At least give us SOME justification, Jesus. I suppose you being the holy grail of all things Kit and Tab is enough for you.

jon, i love synthesisers with a step sequencer built in. the ms2000 is pretty cool, but i think the only thing that could make a virus better is a step sequencer

I've never had the chance to play a virus :( but yeah the step seq. is very cool - especially as you can pretty much control anything with it (either editing each step through the menu or 'recording' a bar of knob twisting :D.

The one annoying thing is that despite appearances you can't just turn steps on or off via the buttons (as in the microkorg)... I assume it can be done with a volume sequence but it's a bit frustrating as I basically got it to do 16-step arp patterns (the MK only does 8)!

I've never had the chance to play a virus :( but yeah the step seq. is very cool - especially as you can pretty much control anything with it (either editing each step through the menu or 'recording' a bar of knob twisting :D.

The one annoying thing is that despite appearances you can't just turn steps on or off via the buttons (as in the microkorg)... I assume it can be done with a volume sequence but it's a bit frustrating as I basically got it to do 16-step arp patterns (the MK only does 8)!

thats odd!

ooh do try the virus if you get the chance :D

Guest Fluffy the Conqueror

Someone on one of my other forums posted this. this program costs $80 and you should seriously check out what it does if you do any work with samples or DAW software. There's a 100 day demo that I'm using right now, and just after a few minutes it's worth it.

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Snapper/snapper.html

snapper-transparent.png

edit- Oh, I should have mentioned, mac users only... :(

Someone on one of my other forums posted this. this program costs $80 and you should seriously check out what it does if you do any work with samples or DAW software. There's a 100 day demo that I'm using right now, and just after a few minutes it's worth it.

http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Snapper/snapper.html

snapper-transparent.png

edit- Oh, I should have mentioned, mac users only... :(

cheers for that, sounds quite useful, though im not sure if i will buy it.. will see.

itll be great for those times you forget what you called something.

Guest Fluffy the Conqueror
cheers for that, sounds quite useful, though im not sure if i will buy it.. will see.

itll be great for those times you forget what you called something.

I'm liking how it does compression... so easy to make mp3s of your tracks :happy:

and yeah, if you've got big sample banks to flip through and your DAW doesn't have some sort of autoplay function... can be quite nice...

100 day demo is quite generous too. I bet at the end of it I'll wanna buy it.

I'm liking how it does compression... so easy to make mp3s of your tracks :happy:

and yeah, if you've got big sample banks to flip through and your DAW doesn't have some sort of autoplay function... can be quite nice...

100 day demo is quite generous too. I bet at the end of it I'll wanna buy it.

to be honest if i want an mp3 id just export using the cubase 4 mp3 encoding.

but yeh, the instant play malarky and being able to see the waveform is very good.

Archived