Vox cooltron Big Ben Overdrive: £30!!!!!!! :eek: rrp is like £140...Get em at Sound Control quick! I wanted the over the top boost, but they'd already sold out! :)

tis actually really nice for a pedal with a gimmicky valve in it! Still not sure how they manage to get it to run off 9v! It actually takes 4 AAs so when you use batteries it only uses 6v in!

But yeah, just using it to kick my amp into dirty, and it works really well! The switch is abit cheap feeling, but apparently it's still tbp, so it probably uses a relay!

25022008142.thumb.jpg.b48294e153e93c18938bab1d3efbd04b.jpg

Vox cooltron Big Ben Overdrive: £30!!!!!!! :eek: rrp is like £140...Get em at Sound Control quick! I wanted the over the top boost, but they'd already sold out! :)

tis actually really nice for a pedal with a gimmicky valve in it! Still not sure how they manage to get it to run off 9v! It actually takes 4 AAs so when you use batteries it only uses 6v in!

But yeah, just using it to kick my amp into dirty, and it works really well! The switch is abit cheap feeling, but apparently it's still tbp, so it probably uses a relay!

lmao, 'cooltron'. good find for £30 new

cos teh valves run cool innit :D I'd say it's definitely worth buying one if you don't have 100% of your overdrive/distortion needs ;)

I tried the top boost pedal yesterday in gak :p Pretty amazing pedal and does a good job of sounding like an AC30. Shame I didn't have the £140 for it :(

trying to finish building a guitar

found a nice neck

specs:

Thin Wizard Back Contour!

Maple/Indian Rosewood, 1-11/16 in. Nut Width, Wizard Contour, Fretting included. You choose size., Compound 10" - 16" Radius, Cream Face Dots, Drilled For Vintage Style (11/32), 25-1/2 in. Scale, Warmoth Pro Construction With Double-Expanding Truss Rod

i went with medium jumbo frets, graphite nut, gotoh tuners, and a satin finish.

Archived