I've a very good feeling that I'll spend most of my time at the second stage. :rolleyes:

Out of the main stage players...

Interpol - Yes, I got hooked on Turn On The Bright Lights when it first came out. But in retrospect, I realize that they're nothing that amazing. They are, in my mind, equivalent to Franz Ferdinand. They're talented, yes, but they're not spectacular. Oh, right, and I really don't like Antics at all. It's a shame, really.

The Rapture - I'm not a big fan. I'll leave it at that.

Mogwai - Now, I am a huge Mogwai fan. I love all their work, and I think them to be one the most underrated acts in the musical world. Young Team is one of my favourite albums of all time... Top five, maybe.

The Cure - I don't need to comment... ;)

The second stage, though...

Auf Der Maur is confirmed. The Cooper Temple Clause is confirmed. Muse is confirmed. :D :D :D

Thursday, Cursive and Head Automatica definitely won't be there, though.

Thursday's scheduled for the Warped Tour (as though I care).

Cursive will only be on for later dates.

Head Automatica is just off.

My question... Any speculation on the "others" that might play?

You have just made me do a victory dance.

well, i checked the cure events page again, and while head automatica originally weren't on the boston line-up, they're now there. can't really complain, though, since we have one of the muse dates.

Hmmm that's interesting...I've never heard of "Festival" before.

Yes that is unfortunate, Jenna, but I was mostly dancing for the absence of Thursday, who do indeed belong on the Warped tour.

Too bad MA just misses Didz...he's back in action on the 10th.

I'm a bit disappointed out here in AZ. I just learned that the Curiosa Tour will be in Phoenix on August 25 but Muse will head to the UK before they even get there. I guess there's always next year (hopefully earlier though).

I would never perform a victory dance for missing Head Automatica.. :mad:

I love Decadence, even though it's not out yet..

I don't care about Thursday, though.

Cursive would've been nice, too. They could replace Interpol.. >_>

Ohh I wasn't dancing for lack of Head Automatica (indeed there is no lack if them in Mansfield...I'm not bragging, mind, just stating). I was just so happy to be officially rid of Thursday that I lost control of my limbs.

I'm not very familiar with Cursive, which is strange seeing as my cousin worships their cello player. I like Interpol (though they're far from 'amazing' live), but I'll probably end up missing them if my luck is unchanged.

Horray for the absence of Thursday!! For the Boston show at least: have they been removed from all the dates, or just a portion?

I was under the illusion that the second stage would be packed with copious amounts of crazy Thursday fans that I would have to contend with: not a pleasant thought. :rolleyes: My feelings are mostly neutral toward the presence of Cursive and Head Automatica. Both of them seem tolerable bordering on enjoyable to listen to, althought my knowledge of thier musical sylings is far from extensive.

Oh, you kids and your musing - if your curious about your lineup, http://www.thecure.com lists the bands per show.

In the meantime, I'm going to the show in george, washington - I even bought tickets once I found out my radio station was promoting lies in saying muse was going to be there (they're scheduled for some england v2004 thing the same day) - I put an end to that though.

The lowdown on how it's going to go down I believe is no simultaneous playing. Rather, they have two stages to alternate sets quickly (as I understand it). Once people start going maybe I'll hear differently, but that's the impression I got from reading robert smith's blurbs about it.

Cursive is fantastic, but I think you have to be a saddle creek nerd to understand. But for those who aren't, it's punk rock with a violin.

I do have head automatica, and I know nothing about them.

Cooper Temple - bought their cd and enjoying it.

interpol and the rapture - both incredible bands. The rapture I'm looking forward to live especially - dance party mayham in this house of jealous lovers! And I trust that interpol will bring in the ominous vibes I've loved them for.

Mogwai I know through reputation as this and that - no better way than live to judge a band like that I think.

And the cure - hurrah.

So there's me blabbing about my date that DOESN'T even feature Muse, on a Muse messageboard - eat that "irony" alanis morissette.

Cursive is fantastic, but I think you have to be a saddle creek nerd to understand. But for those who aren't, it's punk rock with a violin.

*raises hand* :rolleyes: I'm really into Rilo Kiley and Bright Eyes and other saddle creek bands and the guy who bagged my groceries at the market told me i should listen to Cursive if I like Bright Eyes, I guess my motivation has failed me as I haven't already heard them, but i promise to get on that.

P.S. hoping I won't cause trouble amongst the management...I drewa picture for you Jenna, :) and well most of the females currently on the board, though i fear my mere mortal hands can only hope to capture a notion of the true nature of the subject :rolleyes:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/778725/sleeponneedles.jpg

ooh I'm a Muse fan in America!! Though it sucks because I don't know anyone around where I live who are Muse fans, everyone I mention them to are like "what's that?" or "who's that?" :rolleyes: but thank god I have the internet to chat with other Muse fans :p Also, where I live, Muse has yet to tour around here (the closet they're coming to me this summer is Cleveland, only 3 hours away! :mad: ) But yeah, I'm really hoping they come near me soon, though I'd still have to convince my parents to let me go, which could be a challenge :LOL: Anyways, just figured I'd pop in here and post :p

*raises hand* I'm really into Rilo Kiley..

ooh I LOVE Rilo Kiley!! :D hehe, just had to mention to that.. :p

P.S. hoping I won't cause trouble amongst the management...I drewa picture for you Jenna, :) and well most of the females currently on the board, though i fear my mere mortal hands can only hope to capture a notion of the true nature of the subject :rolleyes:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/778725/sleeponneedles.jpg

oh wow, something for me... thanks lana. it looks very nice!

oh wow, something for me... thanks lana. it looks very nice!

tee hee, sure, tis another product of my endless boredom that drives me to produce random stuff, as of now i'm trying to learn Lost Cause on guitar, tis more difficult than one would imagine :rolleyes:

Ohhhh Lana that's really beautiful! ^_^ *sigh*

And damn you and your freedoms. I'm learning the Berklee cirriculum now, and it sucks. The songs are ugly on purpose so that you can't sight-read them without being obvious.

Welcome, Cutipi908. :)

I think my Muse obsession has finally gotten to the scary point. There was an article of them in Filter last month, and I was so happy that I wrote them an e-mail thanking them. Unfortunately, it never entered my mind that it'd be published, and lo and behold, as I'm browsing this month's edition I come across my e-mail. At the time, it seemed well-worded and all, but reading it in print it just sounded really really stupid. Gr.

Geez Lana, he looks gorgeous. Kindof weird to say, I guess, but you draw eyes really well. I remember that drawing of Matt where just his eyes were colored and it was beautiful. ^_^

And that's awesome that your email was printed, Katie. :D

Archived