I'll write a bit more later, but while it's fresh in my mind...

The Top Five Acts I Saw:

05. The (International) Noise Conspiracy

04. The Stills

03. The Cooper Temple Clause

02. Muse

01. Mindless Self Indulgence

After seeing them at Coachella it was back home to San Diego for their show at Brick By Brick the next night. It was literally the best show I have seen in my entire life. The venue only holds about 300 people, so image having them play less than 20 feet in front of you and having it sound exactly like it does on the albums.

I was blown away by how perfect it all was - my year has just been made.

so rumor has it that Curefest, which will take place in various venues in the US, will include not only the Cure, but Muse, Cooper Temple Clause, Interpol, and a couple of others. if you google curefest there's a fan site with some info.

this is to take plce in late july-august

I'll write a bit more later, but while it's fresh in my mind...

The Top Five Acts I Saw:

05. The (International) Noise Conspiracy

04. The Stills

03. The Cooper Temple Clause

02. Muse

01. Mindless Self Indulgence

So, the Mindless Self Indulgence, huh? Well, I'm going to see them in two weeks for the first time ever, here in Philadelphia. Well, after Muse postponing their show I hope I'll be lucky enough to get to this one.

so rumor has it that Curefest, which will take place in various venues in the US, will include not only the Cure, but Muse, Cooper Temple Clause, Interpol, and a couple of others. if you google curefest there's a fan site with some info.

this is to take plce in late july-august

Holy crap! Muse, TCTC, and Interpol?! :eek: I believe I need to attend this...although it's not "official" that Muse is on the bill yet...they're pretty busy in July...but not August...May 10th is the official announcment. *crosses fingers*

So, the Mindless Self Indulgence, huh? Well, I'm going to see them in two weeks for the first time ever, here in Philadelphia. Well, after Muse postponing thier show I hope I'll be lucky enough to get to this one.

An hour and a half drive to Philadelphia? Hmm… I believe that I will bring some of my cohorts and we'll see them again.

$15 for MSI isn't bad at all.

Holy crap! Muse, TCTC, and Interpol?! :eek: I believe I need to attend this...although it's not "official" that Muse is on the bill yet...they're pretty busy in July...but not August...May 10th is the official announcment. *crosses fingers*

Wooooow.. my friend told me and I didn't believe her. AND IT'S COMING TO WEST PALM BEACH!! ONE HOUR AWAY FROM ME! I would die. Just die. It's going to be amazing if it actually happens!

Ooh. Ooh. I almost forgot.

Apparently, since last week, Muse has been getting airtime on 99.1 WHFS, the local "alternative rock" station in the area.

I've yet to hear TIRO on the radio, but one of my many Muse converts in the area heard it a few times when I was at Coachella.

I hear Muse had an endsession in seattle today. For those who are not aware of what an endsession is, it's a concert for which 30-40 people are invited via the radio station 107.7 the end, to see a band perform a (usually) accustic set in a real intimate way. I'll try to get a recording of this to post somewhere...

Also, I have heard them toting that they were the first radio station to play absolution, which I suppose is true in terms of commercial radio.

And in other news, I GET TO SEE MUSE TOMORROW IN SEATTLE! I am as excited as a little girl.

Well, I've just returned to Portland from the show in seattle, and I'd like to take a moment to unwind. I had some inclination that Muse was popular with the seattle crowd, being as that the presale and sale both sold out in 10 minutes. So I went in with some expectations that TiRO just appealed to a lot of people.

I get to the venue, and it's small as hell. I walk in the front door, turn to my right, and there's the stage not more than 30 feet away. So we're talking like a 40-50 foot long room at most. Muse's stuff is covered, with The Exit's geared and ready to go. I get into a snug position 4th row from the stage, and wait around, while hearing idle chatter of things like, "I don't think Muse is a mosching sort of band", and, "I've totally been a muse fan for three years. And they're my faves." The latter was spoken by a girl who refused to play me in muse trivia, claiming that it was the music, not the facts that intrigued her. I think she was very drunk, and I had difficulty understanding her.

So The Exit comes out, and we're actually more than I had originally pegged them to be. Nothing more than head nodding from the audience though, which was a bit of a shame. It must be difficult opening for Muse.

They leave, and half an hour later, some 1077 guy comes on stage and anounces that Muse may be the best live show you'll ever see, and then introduces them onto the stage. Everyone packs in, and I feel rather squished. The band starts off with Apocolypse Please, which was rather enjoyable, but staying afloat was difficult. I am immediately surprised, as the show progresses, to discover that every third person is singing along, at least to the choruses of most every song, and I felt suddenly at home with these folks.

The show continues, with little setlist surprises, moving in with (though I may have the order incorrect), New Born, Sing for Absolution, Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. I was quite pleased to hear Thoughts though.

Then Citizen Erased came on, and I loved that song to death, so much that I nearly rocked myself to death, and had to get out during the quiet part in the middle.

After a quick trip to the restroom to gorge on water, I return for the end of it, and found, rather to my liking, that the venue was small enough that I had little trouble getting back to row 6 - with more breathing room, but people moving about quite a bit. So I rock out as well to Sunburn, Hysteria, Bliss, and TiRO. Then Plug In Baby comes on, and I I fear rocking out to TiRO had left me unprepared. I go to the restroom again, this time finding myself vomiting while hitting the porcelin altar with my fist to the beat, thinking to myself, "Muse rocks so godamn hard". It had to be the most enjoyable vomit experience ever.

However, coming out, I saw that Muse had left the stage, and the crowd was chanting for an encore. As standard practice, the band of course returns, and plays a very goofy Muscle Museum (either Matt's horribly bored with the song, or he just takes pride in wankering away whenever possible). I loved it anyhow though, and had taken a position leaning against some monitors to the side of the stage, in full perfect view of the band. I sang my heart out, and was pleased to see from my new vantage point that almost every head in the place was bopping away.

They finally brought it all to a close with Stockholm Syndrome, played with some additional rocking out here and there. It all seemed to end so fast, but I loved it regardless.

The only real incident occured when matt tried to take the mic off the stand and discovered that it became unhooked from the cord. He then proceeded to chuck the mic into the crowd before rocking out some more, shaking hands and leaving. This was much to the dismay of the roadies, as I saw several with flashlights on stage and venturing into the crowd to, what I assume to be the case, retrieve the mic. I doubt they got it back, as having a piece of matt's slobber would assuredly be a worthy prize for any muse fan.

And that concludes my extensive (and personal) report of the Seattle show.

I just got back from seeing The Stills at The 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.

:D

Amazing show!

The two opening acts were spectacular, too -- Sea Ray and Metric.

Wow. Just wow.

I got to hold Emily Haines hand for a few moments (she's pure sex, I swear >_>) and then I got to shake all of The Stills' hands again. They immediately recognized the Camping Lot B wristband that I still have on from Coachella. :D

Oh, and I got Tim Fletcher's guitar pick. :)

I swear, i'm back for good on MY COMPUTER!!! MUHAHAHA!!! (sorry, just basking in the glory of victory over my tempermental computer :rolleyes: ) *hugs all around* :D Cheers!!

Hmm, i also almost took out a senior citizen in downtown whitinsville when TIRO came on the radio, my dad had to take the wheel :rolleyes:

I swear, i'm back for good on MY COMPUTER!!! MUHAHAHA!!! (sorry, just basking in the glory of victory over my tempermental computer :rolleyes: ) *hugs all around* :D Cheers!!

Hmm, i also almost took out a senior citizen in downtown whitinsville when TIRO came on the radio, my dad had to take the wheel :rolleyes:

Haha. So that's what you were talking about. :D

Hey everybody. Long time no see. Muse certainly appear to have gotten a little more popular since the last time I was around. Y100 plays TIRO all the time. Although one of their DJs called them "Muce" How hard is it to say Muse? He did tell everybody to go out and buy Absolution if they haven't already though, so I guess he can be forgiven.

Hey everybody. Long time no see. Muse certainly appear to have gotten a little more popular since the last time I was around. Y100 plays TIRO all the time. Although one of their DJs called them "Muce" How hard is it to say Muse? He did tell everybody to go out and buy Absolution if they haven't already though, so I guess he can be forgiven.

*waves madly in uncalled for excitement* HI PETEY!!!! :D and Chocolate Muse o' course :D

yes, tis sad, not one person i have encountered is able to pronounce their name right, it's either "Muce" or "Moose" <-- a personal favorite, or a "The", there are endless ways to mess it up :p

Hehe, someone's excited! Nice avatar by the way. :cool: Bless him, he's fixed the Curiosa dates.

Honestly, after 7th grade history, I'd have thought muse was a common word. Ohh, the best mispronunciation I've heard is also the most difficult to replicate. It's a bit like "Myuss" (like "puss" but with an m and a "yuh" sound in there).

I think I tend to say muse with a soft s (is this what people mean by muce?)

I account it to the fact that I'm biased against "Z"s that don't have the decency to show themselves in a word. If they wanted people to say Muze, then they should write it. Muse being an actual word 1st and a band second is somewhat up for grabs.

I say it like the dictionary suggests (Myooze)...but only because Muse being a reference to Greek mythology was what made me think they were cool enough to check out in the first place.

Oh, and that nme thing's actually working now, if anyone has any burning questions to ask the guys.

Archived