I don't remember that I did. But if someone can't see that a thread named "Should Muse split up?" full of posts from the usual complainers who thought they should, simply because they weren't playing songs these particular individuals liked anymore (despite the fact they were playing songs that thousands of other people liked) wasn't insensitive and totally ridiculous, then well, I give up! But tbh we really don't need to drag that up again! :LOL:

As ridiculous as it may have been, the people complaining at least had the clarity to post actual arguments for their beliefs, unlike some people....

I don't remember that I did. But if someone can't see that a thread named "Should Muse split up?" full of posts from the usual complainers who thought they should, simply because they weren't playing songs these particular individuals liked anymore (despite the fact they were playing songs that thousands of other people liked) wasn't insensitive and totally ridiculous, then well, I give up! But tbh we really don't need to drag that up again! :LOL:

You don't remember that you insulted anyone, or that you complained about anyone else doing it? :p

You insulted someone in that thread about Muse splitting up, and you "complained", where against it where Dee3Dee did the same.

And to be honest, that thread was like what...60 pages? I followed the whole thread, and saw a total of maybe 10 posts that said that Muse should split up, the rest was just the same arguments as always, but that doesn't mean that they(me included, I was the top poster) wanted Muse to split up.

I would consider myself to be in the middle too, I'm more inclined to be positive, but some things really annoy me sometimes too, I've mentioned it already but the setlist polls really disappointed me.

I love Muse's music, even though TR is their worst album since Showbiz(still good). I love what Muse has been doing live since the start up until the BH&R tour. But I don't like what Muse are doing live at the moment. That's the basics of my opinions.

Assuming they continue to play a setlist of 17-19 songs this is my prediction for a staple setlist, based on 18 songs in terms of number of songs from each album:

*Green = Near Certainty to Remain permanent

*Yellow = Likely to be rotated in and out of setlists.

Showibiz - 0-1

Unintended

Sunburn

OOS - 2

Plug In Baby

New Born

Feeling Good

Citizen Erased

Absolution - 3

Time is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Hysteria

Ruled By Secrecy

Blackout

Black Holes - 3

Knights of Cydonia

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

Map of the Problematique

Soldier's Poem

The Resistance - 4-5

Uprising

United States of Eurasia

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Unnatural Selection

Guiding Light

MK Ultra

6th Album - 5-6

3-4 Singles

2-3 Others to be rotated

Dont agree with this tbh, if the yellow ones you mean that make an apperance for a little bit at some point throughout the tour like RBS, but if you mean the yellow ones like lets say MK Ultra that are rotated from the start of the tour til the end i dont agree. I think there is every possiblity they wont play any showbiz songs next tour. You Origin songs i think could be correct, PiB will be played constantly and the other 3 may make an apperance at some point. Absolution i dont see blackout being played(maybe even never again), and swap Hysteria and SS and your correct. BHaR, starlight will still be a regualr next tour, I also dont see Soldiers poem coming back again, MOTP im unsure on atm. The Resistance is hard to say, but i doubt MK Ultra and Guiding Light will be played at all next tour.

I don't agree with that. I'd consider myself to be in the middle and there's more who feel the same as me.

There are two clear groups because either you are against something(anything), or you are for it. But that really doesn't mean anything at all. That can be said about any subject at all really.

As ridiculous as it may have been, the people complaining at least had the clarity to post actual arguments for their beliefs, unlike some people....

People posted very sensible posts about why it was totally outrageous for some individuals to expect Muse to split up just because these particular individuals didn't like what they were doing.

People posted very sensible posts about why it was totally outrageous for some individuals to expect Muse to split up just because these particular individuals didn't like what they were doing.

I think most people had more sense than to bother posting in that thread. :p

Yes, absolutely. It's total nonsense that Muse would split up, even though I do agree that they should split up on their own call when they feel that they don't have anything new to give, instead of becoming one of those bands who just goes on repeat and plays their greatest hits and make shit music.

But the point is that most of that thread WASN'T about Muse splitting up, it was just the same old complaining as always. The thread was actually just a place that gathered all the complainers. I actually think that thread was the best thing that ever happened to the board, since it kept all other threads clean from these same old arguments.

There's nothing funny about that all. It's a little disturbing that you don't get it, but there you go!

What's even more disturbing is how you manage to dance around arguments while appearing to be completely oblivious to what is going on. If that isn't skill then I don't know what is....

....it's kind of impressive actually. :$:LOL:

On another note; I fear that this tour will be the last of Stockholm Syndrome as a regular.

Yeah next tour I'd be surprised to see Stockholm Syndrome as a regular. It has had 7 years of constant live play though, unlike other awesome songs like Assassin. My only real issue with it being given a break is that no doubt Time is Running Out will still hang on, which I've never been as big a fan of.

And yes, plenty of non-boardies do want to hear older songs, Muse are ultimately an album band, not a singles one.

I'm not sure about that, at least in america. Of the last ten singles released here, only two of them didn't crack the alternative top 10. Three made the top 5 (with a fourth on the way) and two are actually certified gold. And of those ten songs, nine of them have been played at just about every show this whole tour.

Yes, absolutely. It's total nonsense that Muse would split up, even though I do agree that they should split up on their own call when they feel that they don't have anything new to give, instead of becoming one of those bands who just goes on repeat and plays their greatest hits and make shit music.

But the point is that most of that thread WASN'T about Muse splitting up, it was just the same old complaining as always. The thread was actually just a place that gathered all the complainers. I actually think that thread was the best thing that ever happened to the board, since it kept all other threads clean from these same old arguments.

This is true! :chuckle:

Yeah next tour I'd be surprised to see Stockholm Syndrome as a regular. It has had 7 years of constant live play though, unlike other awesome songs like Assassin. My only real issue with it being given a break is that no doubt Time is Running Out will still hang on, which I've never been as big a fan of.

Yeah. I'd rather see them drop both Hysteria and TIRO completely than to rotate Stockholm Syndrome.

What's even more disturbing is how you manage to dance around arguments while appearing to be completely oblivious to what is going on. If that isn't skill then I don't know what is....

....it's kind of impressive actually. :$:LOL:

It's common knowledge by now that as soon as Carrie doesn't have any more arguments on a subject, she just ignore it and moves on. I don't think I have ever seen here say "Okay, you have a point there" or "okay, I was wrong".

People completely missed the point with that thread and actually thought people were deeply serious about expecting Muse to split up because they said so. :LOL:

It's common knowledge by now that as soon as Carrie doesn't have any more arguments on a subject, she just ignore it and moves on. I don't think I have ever seen here say "Okay, you have a point there" or "okay, I was wrong".

This is true.

I can't tell you how many times it's both cracked me up and pissed me off. :LOL:

People completely missed the point with that thread and actually thought people were deeply serious about expecting Muse to split up because they said so. :LOL:

Like I have said so many times, the polls said that Muse should stick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they split ;)

I might be misremembering, but I think this was because the thread title was something like "Petition: Muse to split up". Petition implies the results were actually being sent to the band I feel, unlike a poll which is just for peoples own interest.