Personally, I rather want to see NSC than any of the other most obvious possibilities. Maybe except for USoE. I haven't seen NSC live nor seen any good proshot of it, but from the videos I've seen, Matt voice sounds better in that song than any other. And if he gives it all in this performance instead of holding back like he's been doing alot during TR tour, I think it'll sound great. On the other hand, I don't think it's a good song for millions of first-time listeners to Muse.

It would just be embarrassing. People who hadn't heard Muse before would write them off. They need to play something that will make people take notice and go and investigate their other songs. I still think it will be one of the singles, Resistance or Uprising, maybe SMBH.

I will stab someone if they play NSC

Same...millions of people watch this and its not a good way for people to find out about Muse.

I see you're from Newcastle, me too :D

I think that it'll be Uprising they play, its been the most commercially successful in America for them off this album if not over their whole career, so people will know it. And it's pretty awesome live so I won't mind that...even though it's been seen a million times.

It'd be cool if they did something with an orchestra e.g. USoE or Exo (i'm still holding out hope)

Same...millions of people watch this and its not a good way for people to find out about Muse.

I see you're from Newcastle, me too :D

I think that it'll be Uprising they play, its been the most commercially successful in America for them off this album if not over their whole career, so people will know it. And it's pretty awesome live so I won't mind that...even though it's been seen a million times.

It'd be cool if they did something with an orchestra e.g. USoE or Exo (i'm still holding out hope)

Yay! Fellow Newcastle Muser!

Honestly, I'm thrilled that they guys are playing. I kept watching to see if they'd announce Muse as performers, because after the success of their tour and the record worldwide in a year that's down for a lot of the industry, it would have been a shame if they weren't selected to play to the Grammy's global audience.

That said, and with the understanding that they will play something calculated (in the sense that this is a grand opportunity for exposure at an American-based award show)...and with the understanding that this calculation means a track from The Resistance rather than, say, a live version of Citizen Erased...I hope whatever they do makes a splash. I remember reading an article from last year (IIRC) where the author bemoaned the lack of real rock performances at recent Grammy ceremonies and specifically used Muse as an example of an act that would blow the roof off the building (and the audience out of their seats). Last year, the media was all over P!nk's performance of Glitter in the Air...and while I don't want Muse to fly around like trapeze artists, I DO hope that whatever they pull off is something much talked about (in a good way) after the ceremony. They have good material to pull from, even from The Resistance. I can only imagine what a medley with orchestra that included Bellamy on piano during USoE could be like.

It's a big opportunity. Muse is an incredible live act. I hope they do something worthy of their talents.

Why is people so fucking obsessed with MK Ultra? In 2004 Muse didn't play anything rare at the Brits, they played Hysteria which was a pretty big single at the time.

Stop being so naive, this performance is not for the fans is for self promotion and I doubt they want to promote themselves with a song (MK Ultra) they haven't bothered to play at their own shows.

Because it's a fucking amazing song and Uprising has been played to death here.

This, pretty much. I don't expect them to play it but as far as live tracks from The Resistance goes, it's my favorite, other than Uprising which, like Shiner said, has been played to death.

Yeah, if it's only one song it'll be a Resistance single, and one they've played live loads of times, ruling out Exo full symphony (though I'd love to see it, this is more a publicity event than anything else IMO).

Uprising, Resistence or UD it is. Uprising most likely, IMO.

Personally, I rather want to see NSC than any of the other most obvious possibilities. Maybe except for USoE. I haven't seen NSC live nor seen any good proshot of it, but from the videos I've seen, Matt voice sounds better in that song than any other. And if he gives it all in this performance instead of holding back like he's been doing alot during TR tour, I think it'll sound great. On the other hand, I don't think it's a good song for millions of first-time listeners to Muse.

Actually I think that's what they wanted with the hype of twilight, but it didn't work that way.

On topic, I'd say Uprising. I know one of the nomination is for Resistance, but I haven't seen them playing it on any TV show, unlike Uprising which is the most popular song on The Resistance which is also nominated for an award.

Archived