Musers=Just a bunch of pervs with great taste in music.

I'm not so sure about the "great taste" part. ;)

To anyone who watched the show: were other artists preceding Muse at the podium thanking The Lord or something, or was Tom just taking the piss generally at celeb piety at such events? (IOW, was he making what could be construed as a specific dig at anyone in particular?) A thumbs-up either way, but if there's another feud possibly brewing between Muse and another artist I'd like to follow it.

To anyone who watched the show: were other artists preceding Muse at the podium thanking The Lord or something, or was Tom just taking the piss generally at celeb piety at such events? (IOW, was he making what could be construed as a specific dig at anyone in particular?) A thumbs-up either way, but if there's another feud possibly brewing between Muse and another artist I'd like to follow it.

The AMAs are notorious for everyone thanking God first. Now ... really, if you are religious and are moved to thank God, by all means, do so. But even years ago when the AMAs started up we used to laugh about it because they ALL do it. And it started to seem more like peer pressure than anything else. Like everyone felt they HAD to do it.

I haven't watched the AMAs in years so I don't know if it's still like that, but I'm guessing it must be, if Kirky thanked Darwin ;)

And I don't know about you, but *I* have great taste :phu:

Yes, other artists were thanking God, including Justin Bieber. This kind of look-at-me-I'm-so-holier-than-thou attitude has been going on for years at these music award shows. It's not a problem per se to thank God if that's how they truly feel, it's that 9 times out of 10 it comes off as so sanctimonious and phony. Tom was great. I love the British sense of humor and the ability to strike a knock-out blow with a smile on one's face.

Some people took Tom's remarks as a jab at religious people in America, but that's not where the remarks were directed. Rather, they were aimed straight at some of the other highly self-absorbed "artists."

Some people took Tom's remarks as a jab at religious people in America, but that's not where the remarks were directed. Rather, they were aimed straight at some of the other highly self-absorbed "artists."
Hellz, yeah. Earlier in the night, I was all :facepalm: at the ‘thank my Lord & Savior’ from Usher, who has displayed, erm, less than Godly behavior in the past. I guess the Lord only gives him strength for good dance moves but none to keep him from cheating on his wife & girlfriends. <sorry if that’s too judgemental>

Anyway, Tom Kirk FTW! Matt was his usual adorkable self. Dom looked a little tired.

And like was already mentioned, this bodes well for the Grammy nominations. I know that ballots are already in, but the major awards get hand-picked by a committee. This can only raise their profile for an Album of the Year nom, though it’s a long-shot IMO.

Oh look, it's Prissy, Dorky and Sleepy.
Perfect!

Archived