:mad: Website is stupid! I can vote for all other categories/artists, but when I try to vote for Muse, it asks me to re-verify all my account info and made me change my password and all sorts of other bullshit. Now I've reloaded the site and the entire category is missing! :wtf:

*edit* Ok, it updated and took away the other categories that I've voted in. Looks like everything is just running slow.

Ah man, I'm so tired of registering for shit. Only for you Muse, only for you.

Yeah, I cannot get into Vampire Weekend at all and I'm neither here nor there on Phoenix. Not that I can think of any band that would make this a difficult choice, but still, this is super-easy for me.:)

FYI - The three AMA nominees for Best Alternative Rock artist were chosen based on a weighted formula measuring a combination of radio airplay, record sales including digital song downloads on sites like iTunes, video views on sites such as YouTube, videos played on MTV and other music channels, popularity on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and MySpace, etc. Industry people and music critics do not play any role in the AMA nomination process. The Grammy nominations when they are announced on December 1 are chosen by members of the Recording Academy (NARAS).

I am surprised that 30 Seconds to Mars was not nominated instead of Vampire Weekend. The most recent past AMA winners in this category have been Green Day and Linkin Park. Muse and Phoenix are both deserving nominees. The registration process was a hassle with too much personal info being requested but I made the effort and voted.

FYI - The three AMA nominees for Best Alternative Rock artist were chosen based on a weighted formula measuring a combination of radio airplay, record sales including digital song downloads on sites like iTunes, video views on sites such as YouTube, videos played on MTV and other music channels, popularity on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and MySpace, etc. Industry people and music critics do not play any role in the AMA nomination process. The Grammy nominations when they are announced on December 1 are chosen by members of the Recording Academy (NARAS).

I am surprised that 30 Seconds to Mars was not nominated instead of Vampire Weekend. The most recent past AMA winners in this category have been Green Day and Linkin Park. Muse and Phoenix are both deserving nominees. The registration process was a hassle with too much personal info being requested but I made the effort and voted.

Thank you for the information. I thought the AMAs were based on radio and video airplay and record sales, but I didn't know about the rest, especially the social networking popularity data.

• 4 weeks later...
the presence of Vampire Weekend (awesome) and Phoenix (awesome but im not too familiar) makes me care if they win. I hope they do.

if they had been against 30 seconds to mars and something like youmeatsix I wouldve been embarrased for Muse.

Exactly!!..theyre in good company :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived